WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Don't buy the 12gb version, it really isn't worth it.

Why's that?

It has been ill thought out, if you intend on playing more than one game, you need a bigger hard-drive. With the system updates, disc installs and add-ons, you constantly have to delete game installs and if you want to play them again, re-install.

On some discs you don't even get the chance to quit the install, for one game I played on, I had to wait 15 minutes for the install to do and it used up 5gb alone. I deleted the install to free up space and had to endure the wait time again just to play it the next time round.

I've since bought an external hard drive to offset this problem but its an absolute joke that I've had to resort to this method.

The PS3 is a wonderful piece of kit but its implementation is so wrong. Sony got it so wrong.

Don't buy the 12gb version, it really isn't worth it.

Why's that?

It has been ill thought out, if you intend on playing more than one game, you need a bigger hard-drive. With the system updates, disc installs and add-ons, you constantly have to delete game installs and if you want to play them again, re-install.

On some discs you don't even get the chance to quit the install, for one game I played on, I had to wait 15 minutes for the install to do and it used up 5gb alone. I deleted the install to free up space and had to endure the wait time again just to play it the next time round.

I've since bought an external hard drive to offset this problem but its an absolute joke that I've had to resort to this method.

The PS3 is a wonderful piece of kit but its implementation is so wrong. Sony got it so wrong.

The 12gb version wasn't and isn't aimed at proper gamers though. It's aimed at people who want a blu-ray player and be able to watch iplayer, netflix et al on their TV but can also play the odd game as well if they want to, especially as some big games like Fifa don't require an install at all.

For around

Edited by TUFCfan

The 12gb version wasn't and isn't aimed at proper gamers though. It's aimed at people who want a blu-ray player and be able to watch iplayer, netflix et al on their TV but can also play the odd game as well if they want to, especially as some big games like Fifa don't require an install at all.

For around

• Paid Members

Playing Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time. I've had the game for a couple of years but have never got round to playing it. It's brilliant, which I thought might be the case. Gameplay feels good and natural, storyline is both compelling (well, in Renaissance Italy it is, I couldn't care about those bunch of present-day goons) and educational and the scenery is beautiful. From the incredible architecture in Florence to the canals in Venice to the Tuscany countryside. In fact, I'm taken aback so much by the setting that me and the wife are probably going to Florence for a weekend break for our anniversary.

What are the other games like? Brotherhood is a must as it's set in Rome. What about the first one? Is Revelations set in the same locations as the first game? What about the new one, any good?

Heh. A mate of mine has just come back from Venice and he was taken aback at how accurate AC2 is in regards to the layout and the architecture. I went to Venice and Florence last year and did exactly the same!

Brotherhood was good, it carries on from AC2, not played Revelations but yeah, go for it!

• Paid Members
Playing Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time. I've had the game for a couple of years but have never got round to playing it. It's brilliant, which I thought might be the case. Gameplay feels good and natural, storyline is both compelling (well, in Renaissance Italy it is, I couldn't care about those bunch of present-day goons) and educational and the scenery is beautiful. From the incredible architecture in Florence to the canals in Venice to the Tuscany countryside. In fact, I'm taken aback so much by the setting that me and the wife are probably going to Florence for a weekend break for our anniversary.

What are the other games like? Brotherhood is a must as it's set in Rome. What about the first one? Is Revelations set in the same locations as the first game? What about the new one, any good?

Revelations is set in Istanbul quite a bit later in Ezio's life; gameplay is pretty similar to Brotherhood but upgraded in places and harder / more fun to manage. The story isn't notably better than Brotherhood or #2 but it's still quite interesting.

Skip the first one if you like, even though it looks pretty the gameplay is a bit too straightforward (still 'good') and #2 was a massive step up from that.

/will resume #3 after Dead Space 2 and a few other games

• Paid Members

Is that mainly because this generation was so damn good that it's hard to see how much improvement there can actually be?

Thanks Houchen and Seph. Might have to go through the rest of them once I've finished #2. I've already got #1 so I'll probably give that a go next.