WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I'm not seeing the hype I'd imagined there would be for Fallout 4, maybe people are burnt out on other big releases like MGS V or something. Has anyone seen any good pre-order offers?

Probably because it appears to be much of the same. And that's not a complaint, I can't bloody wait. It's the same as Fallout 3 but next-gen and set in Boston. I'm sold.

That's all I want really, just with less crashes and better shooting mechanics. Although I did much prefer the writing in New Vegas, but I've always prefered the Obsidian/Black Isle style to Bethesdas own.

I'm currently playing through Shadowrun: Dragonfall which has some superb writing and characters, a really cool mixture of cyberpunk and fantasy elements.

Edited by Merzbow

Well for anyone who cared about my dilemma from a few pages back I went for a PS4.

I'm going to wait a few weeks for Fallout 4 too - for the reasons Rey_Piste gives. I might try and burn through next gen GTA 5 in the mean time and try and engage in the online play.  

• Paid Members

I'm going to get GTA5 for next gen at some point. It's such a good game that I'll definitely play it through again, so might as well get it for the Xbone. Plus Midnight City is on the next gen version of the soundtrack, which is a selling point in itself.

• Moderators

I have stuck my 360 in the living room next to the Xbone, and have started playing through Super Meat Boy again from the beginning. I loved that game and never got around to finishing it so maybe this time....

Also playing the Telltale point and click Game of Thrones game. It's fun! The decisions don't feel as difficult as in the Walking Dead game, but it is still pretty tense, and it's great to be in that world whilst waiting for the next series. My wife loves watching it as well which is a win as it's fun for both of us. Does mean I can't continue playing it when she's not about though :angry:

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I have stuck my 360 in the living room next to the Xbone, and have started playing through Super Meat Boy again from the beginning. I loved that game and never got around to finishing it so maybe this time....

Also playing the Telltale point and click Game of Thrones game. It's fun! The decisions don't feel as difficult as in the Walking Dead game, but it is still pretty tense, and it's great to be in that world whilst waiting for the next series. My wife loves watching it as well which is a win as it's fun for both of us. Does mean I can't continue playing it when she's not about though :angry:

Super Meat Boy is one of the backwards compatible games so you can actually play the 360 version on your Xbone if you wanted. If the save is on the cloud it should actually transfer over as well.

Not sure where you are in GOT but the decisions do get harder as you go. The last episode in the series is due to be released next month so you've timed it well as you shouldn't have any wait between episodes meaning you can basically play it start to finish without a break.

• Moderators

OH really? I thought the backwards compatibility patch hadn't even been released yet and was only due in early November..?

Is there a list of the compatible games? More specifically, will I be able to play Super Street Fighter IV on the Xbone?

Also when I started it again on the 360 it asked me whether I wanted to save to harddrive or cloud and I picked hard drive. Any idea how I transfer to cloud without losing my progress?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

OH really? I thought the backwards compatibility patch hadn't even been released yet and was only due in early November..?

Is there a list of the compatible games? More specifically, will I be able to play Super Street Fighter IV on the Xbone?

Also when I started it again on the 360 it asked me whether I wanted to save to harddrive or cloud and I picked hard drive. Any idea how I transfer to cloud without losing my progress?

Oh shit, sorry, my bad. I'm part of the preview program so had it already and thought it had already been rolled out for everyone. Sorry man.

There are a few lists if you google it but doesn't look like SSFIV is backwards compatible initially- sorry!

Here is a link on how to copy game saves to the Cloud:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/games/manage-games-data

The initial backwards compatibility list hasn't been released yet, only what's currently available on the preview program. There will be 100 to start and more added every month. MS have also announced that all 360 games with gold releases will be backwards compatible titles starting from the November releases.

• Paid Members

Been meaning to mention this for a while as there are a few generation one Transformers fans around these parts. Transformers Devastation on PS4 (all consoles I expect) is freaking awesome. The character design, action and voice acting is pure G1 fan service. Really goes a long way to make me forget the Michael Bay nightmares. Crucially as a game it doesn't wait long before dropping in more awesome key character Decepticons to tangle with.

I pretty much said the same thing on another forum yesterday. Are you stalking me? ;)

Fifa 16 is truly awful though.

The squad update isn't 100% complete though. This is where Konami are really letting themselves down. Better organisation from them and I think they would have absolutely killed it this year. But because of how long it's taken them to update the game I think quite a few have jumped back over to Fifa.

I'm going to get GTA5 for next gen at some point. It's such a good game that I'll definitely play it through again, so might as well get it for the Xbone. Plus Midnight City is on the next gen version of the soundtrack, which is a selling point in itself.

If it helps you I got an email from GAME last night saying they've got this on offer. Not sure of the price but i think it was below £35.