Nobodies of the last 10 years

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

WWE.com have done a feature of 'blasts from the recent past' with 25 or so people who've been and gone and made very little impact in the last 10 years.

There's some real, utter nobodies in there - I couldn't even remember two or three of them - there's some who never got beyond NXT, and there's some who could have had potential and maybe could have found a place somewhere but never did (I will forever maintain that Tyler Reks in a caveman gimmick was a massive missed opportunity).

The best thing about the list is its description of the Ian-endorsed Braden Walker as a 'viral sensation', but do you remember anyone else who's been missed off? Who were your favourite nobodies of recent years? Who do you think should have done better? And who never stood a chance?

To start off, the NXT-version of Percy Watson, before they took the silly glasses off him, wouldn't have been a bad fit alongside the New Day. And it's a shame that they never made more of Marcus Cor Von having played in the Superbowl.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to love that in WWE-Land, Vance Archer being a two time IWGP Tag Team champion on making the final of the Global Tag League is seen as very little impact.

Marcus Cor Von could have been a massive star for them, didn't he leave to look after his mates family or something? I reckon they can just do with Big E what the could have done with Cor Von

There are some on that list who I legit have no idea who they are and I've been watching WWE since I was 7

Didn't know Courtney Taylor, but I remember all the others, even if some (Jamie Keyes) I don't remember by name.

Bam Neeley, Jackson Andrews and Jacob Novak would be good choices for that list too.

Lucky Cannon was fucking terrible too. Ladies man gimmick with long greasy hair? Bollocks.

• Paid Members

I'm afraid I remember nearly all of them, because I've sat through some right shit over the past ten years. Loved those early seasons of NXT, even though most of the time it fell into the 'so-bad-it's-good' category. Don't remember Courtney Taylor at all though.

Jesus. 

These guys were all products of the kind of crap generation of developmental weren't they? Bar a few like CJ Parker etc.

I still think Tyler Reks would have been great had he come along a few years later. He looked ace. Wonder if there was much truth to the rumour than Cena hated him for using a similar finisher or something. I don't think he was terrible in the ring either.

I think a lot of them just weren't WWE types and others just failed. Thats always going to happen. It's just funny how people can be so successful elsewhere but look like complete goons in the land of WWE. They seem to make it hard for themselves. Look at Low KI for example. I do wonder if the bad experiences in WWE helped the likes of Maxine, Vance Archer and others get to where they are now.

Bit of a manic post, but oh well. 

• Paid Members

You could probably put Rosa Mendes in this. Besides Michael Hayes getting her pregnant (allegedly, but I wouldn't be shocked), it coming out she had a drink problem and she used to dance with Primo & Epico. I can name nothing she has done on tv.

• Paid Members

Apparently it was October 2005 that the WWE introduced their Juniors Division, so a full ten years ago. What a bizarre time that was for the company. The Juniors Division had pre-school graphics and all the midgets were presented as being toddlers basically. It was truly horrendous stuff. Nobody will ever forget Super Porky though.

Archived