WWE Night of Champions 2015 discussion/spoilers thread

Well I'm not exactly hyped for anything but Roman & Ambrose's mystery opponent but let's have a thread shall we?

A lot of options to come out of tonight obviously, and they're pushing a cash-in attempt to be on this show fairly hard.

First single women's PPV match since THE REVOLUTION happened, so that'll be intriguing if nothing else. What they did on Raw in the ring last week wasn't so bad and hopefully the two are familiar enough with each other to do something good. Hope crowd gives it a chance.

I expect the tag titles will be a lot of fun too. I'm a tad worried Dudleyz win though?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Despite Rollins being shit, or perhaps because of it, I am looking forward to both his matches hoping he'll lose. The surprise intrigues me too. I can only think of Rowan or Samoa Joe. New Day/Duds should be a good match too. Four intruiging matches on a secondary PPV is pretty impressive these days.

Predicting Ziggler beating Rusev which make me violently sick and Owens winning the IC title which will give the thing a lift.

If the mystery man is Joe I'll Shit And Piss my pants (SJ ain't my initials, ya gotta be a mark for someone). Probably big enough to get an instantly good reaction? Risk on a PPV though, kids'd be confused. I'm mentally prepared for him being Rhyno/a hot-tag guy with Neville or someone if he did step up though

Think out of all 5 title matches the most likely changes are the Divas, US and World. I'd be majorly surprised if Owens wins the IC title after failing to win the US belt months ago while they may hold off the tag title change till HIAC and do a tables match with The Dudleyz winning then. With the World title match, the heart says Sting wins for the big pop but the head says Rollins loses the same way he won it, by MITB cash in. As much as I hate Cena, I loved the open challenge angle he was doing with the US title so a repeat run would very much agree with me

• Paid Members

I was watching This Week In WWE so I could get caught up with everything and they made it sound like Rollins will defend the WWE Title before the US, which surely telegraphs the fact that he will beat Sting and then lose to Cena, no? Probably through Sting interference.

I feel the WWE have booked themselves into a corner with this but time will tell. I personally cannot see much benefit of Sting winning the title other than to save him from yet another loss on WWE programming. For the 'Sting did it' it may be a good way to go but as they are building the future this may not be anything but damaging to Rollins unless he pulls out a gutsy effort that is not exactly heel-like. 

Cena winning the U.S title would mean same old, same old though I liked his run with the likes of Owens, Zayn et al. 

I have a hunch that it will go to yet another dodgy finish in a series of non-finishes in recent times. The fans in attendance will want to see a clear victor but I doubt we will get that and maybe Rollins shouldn't be sacrificed to an ageing veteran. Stacking the odds against the heel is a strange one, surely you wouldn't want to garner sympathy for the champion though his character is utterly irritating so thats an unlikelihood. 

The event seems strange though. I would have saved Sting vs Rollins until the Rumble but it is clear they have very few genuine headliners to fall back on.

Sheamus says that history will be made tonight on the PPV, indicating Rollins or Sting will have to face the orange haired warrior after their win. I have nothing but disinterest for Sheamus in the title picture, he brings nothing new to the table for me. 

Brock Lesnar's 'Go To Hell' Tour announced for October with the finale of Lesnar vs Taker in a Hell in the Cell match at HIAC.

• Paid Members

Sting did everything he could to put Rollins over. No smoke and mirrors there. He worked so hard in that, it was amazing to see. Great job from him. The fact they went straight to the finish after the stalling seems to indicate he's legit injured. Shame, because that was his best performance since the Kurt Angle match in 2007 I reckon. He was class.

Who on earth could give a fuck about Kane though? The show ending with Kane is so shit. The lowest period of television viewership in decades and you're having Kane feud with the world champion.

Archived