WWE Night of Champions 2015 discussion/spoilers thread

• Paid Members

Slept through Cena's match because I had no interest in it. His music woke me up for the Sting match which was great. Only reason I was glad to see Kane was so Sheamus didn't Billy Gunn the belt.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sting was incredible, he was bumping like Dolph Ziggler. I wanted him to win the title so much. The ending was as bad as I've ever seen, it's so shit, if the show is going to end with a dated masked relic celebrating why isn't it Sting? At least it would be different.

And Ryback lost :-( hopefully he's going to get a money in the bank shot or something eventually.

Enjoyed that loads more than Summerslam. Maybe it's the shitty build and resulting low expectations but yeah I thought that was pretty grand

Great choice for an opener with Owens/Ryback. The two had decent chemistry, nice little ending and probably the right winner all things considered

Taker Lesnar is going to be in Hell In A Cell!..at Hell In A Cell! So relieved they're not just on their hols until Mania. Should be awesome

Rusev/Ziggler had some decent action. I'm struggling to care about the two of these together even taking away the horrible angle, but Rusev is a great performer. Shitty finish though and the programme from hell continues..

Xavier's hair on point!!! Hope he comes out with a newly styled do every other week. Good god New Day are brilliant. "Don't boo the president" . Great fun, right result. Would rather they got a dirty pinfall rather than just DQ but great fun, right result and someone went through a table. Win-win

The women's match must have been the best on a WWE show since Trish and Lita were about. Pleasantly surprised by Nikki. Seemed to go on a decent while with some good working of the knee which stayed sold. Decent little finish. Would kind of rather have seen Charlotte use her size to just dominate Nikki in her no-champions-advantage match, but this was good too.

No real boos for Roman from what I heard! This is on late = hopes raised for the surprise. Y2J wasn't your typical mystery man letdown, not thrilling but not a downer. Good guy for Strowman to work with, good action and excitement in the finish. Good to see Y2J not just be the fall guy and there be an aftermath to it also. I'd like to see Roman & Dean keep striving to find the partner that can take down Strowman. This is one of the best things they have going on week-to-week right now so I do hope it continues

The Rollins Hour was pretty strange, but good stuff mostly really. Rollins was dressed up like Mordecai again for some reason.

Cena basically gave us our Summerslam match without the gash celebrity involvement. Pretty decent swerve to see Cena win, and then the AA on the floor.

Sting was really impressive, though I wish for his entrance he'd done only a quick 'wooo!' and then ran and pounced on the vulnerable Rollins rather than giving lovey-eyes to the crowd.. Very good match though, that table bump looked pretty nasty - a monitor right to the back of the head it looked like. When Sting fell down that was pretty scary for a second, just seemed to flop. The finish kind of had me going 'what?' but I can't really shit on it if he was very hurt. Good job all around all things considered.

Then Sheamus comes out and the ref fannies about doing that  'you.. .want... to... cash... in... your......Money... in... the... Bank...contract............ Sheamus?' stalling.

Then I had to piss myself laughing at DA DEMON KANE. About as underwhelming as it can get for me, but I didn't hate it that much to be fair, I'm sure it gave plenty of people a kick to see the mask again. It does at least make storyline sense (well, really Kane would be angry at Brock you'd think but ain't wasting a Lesnar date on that shit) and as much as people will rightly shit on Kane. If he's on the way out, then a run like this is totally tolerable. He shouldn't have to go out as bizness Kane. Although, why would Kane wait until someone was about to cash in on him to get revenge? Oh man, this is going to be a title match isn't it.

Oh well, still a really good show.. Best since MITB at least

• Paid Members

The main event was shocking.

The sting thing wasnt good viewing. He just fell over ugly to say the least. I wonder what the finish was supposed to be? I cant see it being a Sting loss clean in the middle of the ring. 

What followed on was mess of epic portions. WIth 2 of the people i couldnt care less about. Sheamus and Kane......UGH should have hit the hatrick and got Big show in there to.

Sting looked fucking great up until that second turnbuckle spot where he got legit hurt. Really hope he is ok and we see him soon as he really bought it last night, he was fantastic IMO.

I know the finish wasn't planned, so i wonder what the actual finish should have been. Either way, it looked like it would have been a clean finish still, unless Sheamus and/or Kane would have appeared earlier.

• Paid Members

That was a really decent show. IC Title onto Owens was the right result. Charlotte winning the title in a reasonable match was a good moment. New Day/Dudleys was a fun match with a cheap finish but a nice pop for the crowd. Big E's rythmic headlock might be the best spot in wrestling right now.

Cena winning the US Title was another decent move. The match was good but not great. We've seen it all before. The main event was a good effort. Sting is fucking great. He's a pensioner and he's in there hanging with a young, modern worker and despite the guy having just worked and lost, Sting puts him over no problem. What a great pro he is (now). I'm not delighted to see Kane but at least he's back in a mask. Gives Rollins something to do underneath Taker/Lesnar.

Speaking of which, the announcement of Lesnar/Show from MSG, Lesnar on Austin's pod and Lesnar/Taker HIAC was the highlight of the show.

For the negatives, Ziggler winning was vomit inducing but hopefully Rusev now rids himself of that fucking albatross. Soon as the music hit for the mystery partner, my shoulders sunk into my knees and my interest died. Fuck Jericho.

• Paid Members

The booking of Rollins confused the fuck out of me.

With a three-hour Pay Per View, the heel champion was forced into defending both titles back to back instead of getting a rest in between for no apparent reason despite the fact the guys running the place are his strongest advocates. He's effectively placed in the "having to beat the odds" babyface position, so he's already fucked when Sting comes out to pick the bones of not just his match with Cena, but the AA on the floor too. They should have saved Cena forcing him back into the ring for after the table spot when Rollins teased walking out - as it is, teasing walking out like a dirty heel only to then think "No, fuck it" and go back to try and BEAT Sting made him look bold/brave. Despite the odds, he then beats the fucker cleanly. Then despite the whole show being "Sheamus is going to cash in," Hunter and Steph - Seth's mates, remember - have no contingency plan in place for protecting him in that eventuality. But then I guess, why should they if they forced him into the bullshit back-to-back defences in the first place?

So, in summary, Seth gets beaten up by Cena, he gets beaten up by Cena a bit more after the match, he gets beaten up by Sting, he gets beaten up by Sheamus, he gets beaten up by Kane (THIS IS NOT FAIR TO SETH).... but he still gets to walk away champion even though nobody helped him? He's the hero there for me. It was "let's gang up on Seth day" and he survived. It doesn't make sense to book your heel like that to me.

Also, why the hell Kane is involved in the main event or why I should be expected to care about his feud in 2015 is beyond me. Other than comedic antics with Daniel Bryan, he's been "please fuck off now" for the best part of ten years.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought during the first match that Rollins was coming across very sympathetic in that situation. I can only summise that it's:

a) They want to build Rollins as being a legitimate heel Champion rather than the chickenshit he's been so far

b) It's their idea of commupence and they just don't consider how much it doesn't work.

I'd lean towards b.

Meltzer said it 'might be a serious neck injury'.

I sure hope not and I wish Sting all the very best. He looked fucking great out there last night, he gave his all to put on a good match and up until that second big bump, he didn't look out of place and he belonged in there, even his hair was fine.

I really hope he can come back and have a proper farewell match, but if the injury us serious, this could well be it.

Respect and full admiration for Sting.

• Paid Members

I'll be upset if this is how Sting bows out, I hope he's ok, watching him be so good last night gave me a warm feeling I haven't had from wrestling for ages. I would've adored a short title reign and I think he really had it in him to do it. My hopes for a run with the belt are dashed because it would've happened last night but I hope it's not the last we see of him.

I can't believe Sting and Taker are killing themselves with bumps in 2015, they're going to end up like Foley and Flair, being alright for ages then destroying themselves at the end of their careers.

Archived