WWE Night of Champions 2015 discussion/spoilers thread

Cena/Taker with Taker going in as the heel (in order not to compromise Cena in the build up) would be pretty great, especially if babyface Cena goes over. Once the streak was broken the Cena/Taker dream match lost a lot of its appeal

, but this new heel Taker dynamic brings it all back for me. The heat in the match would be incredible and Cena wouldn't have to be the default heel as originally expected.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taker could show up with Justin Beiber and Gary Glitter in his corner at Mania and the crowd would still have Cena as the heel. I'd like them to play it up as career vs career, might be possible if they leak false information to dirt sheets about Cena's health. Although it never really works out when they try to work the Internet so that's probably a shit idea

Was the run in in the shield match not drake wuertz/younger. Really looked like him anyway.

Yes it was, apparantely a rib on the Shield guys who have had members of the crowd interfere with them before.

Bit weird that, I mean on a house show/superstars match yeah OK, but doing a rib like that on a ppv seems a little unprofessional of the office. (I doubt the lads just did it for the lols)

• Paid Members

Am I right in saying Sting hasn't had any major injury or surgery prior to last night?

Depends how you define major. He needed time off in 1990 with a bad knee so Flair had to work with Luger until he could return (and win the title). Loved that finish at WrestleWar '90 where Luger lost because he was more worried about the injured Sting getting beaten up than winning the belt. Out of character it now seems, for a proven bastard like Luger.

• Paid Members

Was the run in in the shield match not drake wuertz/younger. Really looked like him anyway.

Yes it was, apparantely a rib on the Shield guys who have had members of the crowd interfere with them before.

Bit weird that, I mean on a house show/superstars match yeah OK, but doing a rib like that on a ppv seems a little unprofessional of the office. (I doubt the lads just did it for the lols)

It really wasn't him! For goodness sake!

• Paid Members

Am I right in saying Sting hasn't had any major injury or surgery prior to last night?

Sting famously had a torn patella during that next big thing phase in 90. That was a bad one. He's had a few injuries over the years, but since he's been a part timer since 1996 most of his healing time has happened during his regular periods away. Bit like the Undertaker.

He was actually out with a shoulder injury when the final Nitro happened. He came back to work hurt because he imagined that was going to be his final match against Flair.

• Paid Members

He was actually out with a shoulder injury when the final Nitro happened. He came back to work hurt because he imagined that was going to be his final match against Flair.

I wish it had been both their last match. They wrestled on the first Clash, they wrestled on the first and the last Nitro. It would have been fitting.

As it stands, what was Flair's last match? That mess he had with Mick Foley on Impact?

• Paid Members

New Day are gold. All 3 of them are fantastic and a Rufio chant in 2015 is something special. If the constant 3rd person shenanigans doesn't end up with a 3 on 3 match with Spike Dudley they are missing a trick.

Definitely, I've been wondering that over the last couple of weeks. A Spike cameo for a 6-man would be a great one-off deal.

Archived