The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2015/6

patiirc

• Paid Members

Downing seems a dead cert, but then so did Given. The lad we signed from Espanyol is on holiday for 2 weeks so can't physically sign the contract. Quite honestly it's all been a bit of a farce.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wish Bamford would hurry up and sign for Villa or someone, his perpetual loans are skewing the league in my opinion.

Wolves have been linked with Shaun Wright Phillips today ... I'd rather lick the crisp packet-esque cunt of Camilla Parker-Bowles than have have that wage thief playimg in 'old' gold.

• Paid Members

£39 for a matchday ticket to see Bristol City's opening game against Chelsea.... oops, did I say Chelsea? I mean Sheffield Wednesday.

The whole £39 ticket thing is a farce. The chairman made a statement last week claiming that this is all part of the plan to get the club into the Premiership, but this is a team who finished 13th last season. I'm all for Wednesday getting up there but i think it would've been reasonable for us to expect playoffs at best this year, with perhaps an automatic push the year after. With these ticket prices, I'll fully expect to either win the Championship or get relegated next season.

It's saying something that I refused to go to Leeds away last season because they tried to charge £37 to sit in their shed of a stadium. Now I'm being asked to spend £39 to sit in our own.

The whole £39 ticket thing is a farce. The chairman made a statement last week claiming that this is all part of the plan to get the club into the Premiership, but this is a team who finished 13th last season. I'm all for Wednesday getting up there but i think it would've been reasonable for us to expect playoffs at best this year, with perhaps an automatic push the year after. With these ticket prices, I'll fully expect to either win the Championship or get relegated next season.

It's saying something that I refused to go to Leeds away last season because they tried to charge £37 to sit in their shed of a stadium. Now I'm being asked to spend £39 to sit in our own.

That's insane for football. 39 quid is extortionate. I get pricing wages and structures.. but 39 quid for 90 mins of effectively 2nd Division footy? Insane. QPR tried something like that a few years ago. 40 quid for away fans. and was appealed to do with average match day prices.

• Paid Members

Anyone remember when Charlton did that ten year season ticket to gain extra funds for transfers, and that season got their promotion.

It was a belting idea, reasonably priced, and allowed a lot of flexibilty in those initial years financially.

I've never understood why other clubs haven't followed suit.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

What are considered the worst football stadiums in the Championship to League 2? No disrespect to the two clubs or their fans, but Carlisle Utd's and Newport's always stand out in terms of averageness on FL 72. Seems, to me, like there is a definate drop in stadium standard from League 1 to League 2.

What are considered the worst football stadiums in the Championship to League 2? No disrespect to the two clubs or their fans, but Carlisle Utd's and Newport's always stand out in terms of averageness on FL 72. Seems, to me, like there is a definate drop in stadium standard from League 1 to League 2.

Spotland and Kenilworth Road are or at least were shit tips as was Priestfield's and Edgar Street, when I've been. I cant think of any others that immediatelt spring to mind other than perhaps Fratton Park, but ive not been there for years.

• Paid Members

Spotland and Kenilworth Road are or at least were shit tips as was Priestfield's and Edgar Street, when I've been. I cant think of any others that immediatelt spring to mind other than perhaps Fratton Park, but ive not been there for years.

Edgar Street isn't a shit tip! It just has character is all...and 3 working stands.

The Kassam is the worst, its only got 3 sides, no atmosphere and everything looks unfinished, oh and it is built next to a sewage farm so constantly stinks.

That does seem like a strange concept to put a car-park where one of the stands should be. And the only thing stopping your car from being pelted from wayward shots is a garden fence that isn't even as high as the goal.

Spotland is a hundred times better from what it used to be when i started watching the Dale. With the big hill in the corner, the bogs in the old home end (now away stand) with lots of we hate Burnley slogans.

Shithole grounds are the old priestfield with the open end toilets, Millmoor (Rotherham), Accrington, Hereford United (Town was good, but the ground was less than desirable).

Archived