The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2015/6

patiirc

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm still confident Bolton are going to survive and be in the Championship still next season

I've changed my mind

Thanks for making us look like world-beaters. 

• Paid Members

hows odemwingie fairing, Seph?

Assist at Fulham, assist + goal + could've-been-goal-if-the-angle-was-narrower on Saturday. Two games in, so far so good.

• Paid Members

does he play wide or central? always found him better playing wide and cutting inside

That's about right. RF cutting in with Marlon "FUCK IT YOU GOTTA UNLEASH THE DRAGON" Pack and Bobbyreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee doing the feeding

• 3 weeks later...

As a Forest fan I'm annoyed Hull messed up last night.. The only light I see left in this season is Derby once again messing up and dropping out of the play-offs and us not getting relegated. We are in turmoil at the moment, we sacked our manager Dougie Freedman because he was playing poor football and now we are stuck with temporary coach Paul Williams who has us playing poor football and not even scraping out the results. We have away games against Fulham, Rotherham and MK Dons left and if we don't get results in those games there is a serious chance we might drop into the relegation zone if we aren't careful. Its just lucky there are teams more shit than us in this league. 

Could be worse guys, you could support Bolton. We're now at 364 days since our last away win.  Play away on Saturday, so guaranteed to now go over a calendar year without an Away win.

Only 4 at home all season too, with only 2 home games left (Middlesbrough and Hull, LOL)

Officially relegated to League 1 on Saturday. Can't wait for next season.  Really hope Wigan cock up and drop into the play offs, and then mess that up, just to keep them idiots quiet

• Paid Members

I know that feeling, pal. We went over a year without an away win during our first Premier League relegation. We finally won 2-0 at Norwich in September 2010. Was a fantastic feeling.

I was actually at the game when Bolton last secured promotion from the third tier, it was Division 2 then. You beat us 2-1 or 3-1 at Boothferry Park despite only having ten men after a straight red for handball on the line.

My abiding memory of that game was that after the players warmed up they left a load of footballs on the pitch. There were loads of Boltons in the Kempton at BP and this chubby lad ran onto the pitch, dribbled a ball into the penalty area and stuck it in the net. He then got jumped on my stewards and thrown out. Just remember thinking "you come all this way to see your team win promotion and then you get thrown out before it starts"! Never forgotten that.

It is looking like a three horse race now for the automatic places now after Hull's defeat last night.

Rick, if Boro get one of the places I hope your lot get up through the play-offs. The way things stand in the PL and if Boro and Brighton get the automatic spots our nearest rivals next season would be Manchester City - a short trip of 105 miles! At least if Hull goes up we can have a 'Yorkshire Derby' in the loosest way possible.

As the way things stand I believe 14 points from the remaining 18 will secure promotion. I am hoping we will be having a promotion party at St Andrews on the second last game of the season. I don't think my heart will cope having a one match shoot-out against Brighton on the last game of the season.

Archived