The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2015/6

patiirc

It was sudden. Not only have they signed two players but said something about "more transfers news" in a now-deleted tweet. Must have been a very sudden thing. Argument about transfers in addition to the poor form?

The whole "marketing director" route Boro tried has been a disaster all round. Brought in some bloke tasked with increasing Boro's attendances (pitifully low, seeing as Stevenage are third in their own town after Spurs and Arsenal), his contribution was to replace kick Graham Westley out (exactly the kind of man a club like Stevenage needs) for a celebrity manager. Of course, when he kept losing the attendances dwindled further.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anybody manage to watch that Charlton vs Middlesboro match today? Beach balls thrown on at the beginning and the ref wasn't happy about whistles being blown from the crowd all day too. You should catch the highlights.

ADDED: How can I forget the nutter running on ( right to the center circle) just after Charlton scored, wanting to fight everybody. About 10 security guards grabbed him, one had the guy by the balls.

• Paid Members

Middlesbrough are a fucking shambles at the minute. Absolute dissention in the ranks, the manager gave the team some home truths and everyone has spat their dummy out. You've got players not performing, the manager has walked out and on the verge of quitting, we have our head coach taking charge and our goal keeping coach protesting on national tv.

We won't even make playoffs at this rate. The players need to grow up.

At the other end of the table I can't believe how well Boro are doing this season. I was dreading the playoff losers hangover at the start of the season, but we appear to be getting stronger and stronger after each game. Our defence is ridiculously solid; we haven't conceded a home goal since September when we beat Brentford 3-1 and only conceded 2 goals all season. Our defence has not conceded a goal in over 820 minutes of league football, and only conceded 12 all season in the league (a quarter of them was against Hull!)  

I have never felt so confident that we will get promotion than this season. Aitor Karanka has worked a miracle since coming to Middlesbrough. In his short time in the club he has created a team that will fight until the bitter end. Not only that the bond between the fans and players are the strongest I have seen since the late 80's. It is a far cry from the team of journeyman and cloggers during Southgate and Strachan's reigns of terror. Premier League here we come (I hope)

Well ever since I have posted things have turned to shit quicker than a Tottenham team consuming a Lasagne. Rumours going around here are Downing and Woodgate have been stirring the shit and don't like Karanka which has divided the squad.

I think Sir Steve will be opening a can of whoop-ass today to sort this debacle. I am deeply concerned that this might happen by the end of the week.....

dcv3oi.gif

• Paid Members

Downing is a write off this season, and Rhodes is £9m of wasted space. Woodgate is a sack if bones who has no right and no say in any matter. We were exposed without Karanka. He needs to get back and send the shit packing.

Bloody hell. The Championship is a bit of a circus at the moment. Everything is going mad at Charlton, Middlesbrough are completely imploding and Derby have appointed 'Arry as director of football. For added hilarity, apparently they're going to appoint Glenn Hoddle as manager. Buhahaha!

Archived