Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

43 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Lauren Hill? Jeff Buckley? 

Plus I’d warrant there are people from countries who released one album in that country that went platinum. Robson and Jerome’s first album went multi platinum and I’d bet there are TV folk who released an album that went platinum. 

1 minute ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, you'd have to discount compilation and live albums for that to be true.

A quick look gives you Buena Vista Social Club for one.

The members of BVSC have released albums though so they wouldn’t be an artist who released one album and that album went platinum. 

Yes this is up (down) there with ratings chat. 

• Paid Members

I was thinking maybe they mean an artist who literally released just one album and nothing else (singles, EPs, appearing on other releases etc), however John Cena is on WWE compilations and the Peacemaker soundtrack, so I don't know that that would count either

2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I was thinking maybe they mean an artist who literally released just one album and nothing else (singles, EPs, appearing on other releases etc), however John Cena is on WWE compilations and the Peacemaker soundtrack, so I don't know that that would count either

I took it to read someone who hadn’t released anything as part of a band and released only one album in their whole musical career. Think Lauryn Hill had a live album too, as well as the Fugee stuff, but it starts a couple of hours after you press play. 

MBS looks like a completely different bloke without the Ghutra. Ordinary he might pass for a young, dashing dreamboat but without it, he's just a balding podgy uncle. 

MmmmmBS - 

spacer.png

IBS -

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm heading out first thing tomorrow to buy myself some new exotic threads. 

There’s only one episode of The Simpsons where Marge doesn’t have a speaking part - season four’s Krusty Gets Kancelled. 

She objected to the use of “tasteless” celebrity cameos so boycotted the episode. 

And thanks to her heroic protest, The Simpsons never had any celebrity cameos again. 

• Paid Members
On 6/3/2024 at 3:54 AM, wordsfromlee said:

There’s only one episode of The Simpsons where Marge doesn’t have a speaking part - season four’s Krusty Gets Kancelled. 

She objected to the use of “tasteless” celebrity cameos so boycotted the episode. 

And thanks to her heroic protest, The Simpsons never had any celebrity cameos again. 

She's protesting by sounding like absolute shit nowadays.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

You can click on the little blue dots next to threads to take you to the first post you haven’t read. 

I’m hoping I’m not the only one dumb enough not to have figured this out before.

So how have you been doing it?