Who is/will be in The Hall of Fame that shouldn't?

FLips

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I can't imagine John Morrison will ever be in the HOF, unless he comes back for a second run in which he's miraculously become main-event-worthy.

• Paid Members

Yeah the whole point is in the title of the thread, really. "Who is/Will be" not just "who won't be in the Hall of Fame".
In fact, the only two he named on that list who don't stand any chance at all are Roma and Morrison, I'd say the rest are a dead cert or at least a possibility.

I wouldn't have any of this lot in the HOF:

Road Dawg - one dimensional gimmick which hasn't aged well. Doesn't look or perform like a wrestler.

Billy Gunn - great physically, but couldn't tell stories in the ring in my opinion. Not a great talker either.

Roma - looked a million dollars, never drew a dime.

Virgil - weak All round. Even as a kid he bored me stupid.

Tommy Dreamer - a legacy of bullshit in a bingo hall league.

Sandman - see Tommy Dreamer.

John Morrison - poster boy for cookie cutter bullshit PG era and no charisma.

Miz - remember when heels were scary? When you would walk the other way if you saw them in the street? This little cunt hasn't been in a fight in his life I bet. Poster boy for a shit PG era heel.

Jeff Jarret - never cut it as a main event, ever.

Marty Jannetty - waste of space and air.

I.R.S. - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, his son looks the part though

I can't imagine John Morrison will ever be in the HOF, unless he comes back for a second run in which he's miraculously become main-event-worthy.

The Hall of Fame has never been exclusive to main event talent. Using the Koko precedent, Morrison could well get in. He was there for about seven or eight years, was in two of the best (arguably the two best) tag teams of the decade, and had a middling singles career. As rubbish as he was, there's definitely enough material for a three-minute highlight vid that'd make him look really good. Still can't really see why they'd bother though, he'll never tick the box for getting in for a cynical gender/ethnicity reason and I don't imagine he'll become a big star outside of wrestling. It wouldn't surprise me if he did go in eventually, and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

I read something like this on the Wrestlezone comments section the other day (I read it for giggles):

"I'm never watching WWE again.  It's bullshit The Bushwackers are in the HOF before The Legion Of Doom.  What did The Bushwackers ever do better than The Legion Of Doom."

I wish I had the spare time in my life it would take to deconstruct a comment like that and point out everything that's wrong with it.  I haven't quoted it word for word, but that was the gist.

I also wish there was a thread on here for posting random wrestlezone/youtube/facebook comments out of context.

• Paid Members

The Hall of Fame has never been exclusive to main event talent. Using the Koko precedent, Morrison could well get in. He was there for about seven or eight years, was in two of the best (arguably the two best) tag teams of the decade, and had a middling singles career. As rubbish as he was, there's definitely enough material for a three-minute highlight vid that'd make him look really good. Still can't really see why they'd bother though, he'll never tick the box for getting in for a cynical gender/ethnicity reason and I don't imagine he'll become a big star outside of wrestling. It wouldn't surprise me if he did go in eventually, and it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't.

Yeah, you're right there, I probably should've just used the word "good", really. I enjoyed his work briefly, but he wasn't a stand-out talent - he was more a Shelton Benjamin type, i.e. physical fireworks, but not particularly good at drumming up interest; at least, not by himself.

• Paid Members

I wouldn't have any of this lot in the HOF:

Road Dawg - one dimensional gimmick which hasn't aged well. Doesn't look or perform like a wrestler.

Billy Gunn - great physically, but couldn't tell stories in the ring in my opinion. Not a great talker either.

Roma - looked a million dollars, never drew a dime.

Virgil - weak All round. Even as a kid he bored me stupid.

Tommy Dreamer - a legacy of bullshit in a bingo hall league.

Sandman - see Tommy Dreamer.

John Morrison - poster boy for cookie cutter bullshit PG era and no charisma.

Miz - remember when heels were scary? When you would walk the other way if you saw them in the street? This little cunt hasn't been in a fight in his life I bet. Poster boy for a shit PG era heel.

Jeff Jarret - never cut it as a main event, ever.

Marty Jannetty - waste of space and air.

I.R.S. - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, his son looks the part though

Jesus Christ... Wrestling.

I detest Miz, he's smug arrogant and someone I would love to smack. Seems like attributes of a great heel to me.

Don't buy into this idea of heels being scary the Million Dollar Man, Lawler, Flair and Heenan weren't scary. A snivelling, cowardly heel can be just as good and sometimes better than a khali, kamala or papa shango.

Archived