The Official ICW Discussion Thread

They'll probably get that one TNA made which was like Like A Prayer as close as they could without being said Madonna song. Don't get me wrong, that entrance is one of the hallmarks seeing him live. It's his fault I know the entire first verse of it which some people are starting to do now. But better than nothing I guess. Given that Xbox Ones are starting to get more decently priced, I do intend to get one purely for this game.

• Paid Members

Given that Xbox Ones are starting to get more decently priced, I do intend to get one purely for this game.

Or you can get it on cheaper on Steam? I get your enthusiasm for the product (i've been hooked on ICW On-Demand for the past month) but buying a brand new, next-gen console JUST to play Scotland's version of Pro Wrestling X seems a bit too much.

• Paid Members

Given that Xbox Ones are starting to get more decently priced, I do intend to get one purely for this game.

Or you can get it on cheaper on Steam? I get your enthusiasm for the product (i've been hooked on ICW On-Demand for the past month) but buying a brand new, next-gen console JUST to play Scotland's version of Pro Wrestling X seems a bit too much.

If he has the money to buy an Xbox One then what does it matter his motivation?

• Paid Members

I'm jealous that he has that kind of money to throw away. It's would be the same as me buying a maxed-out gaming PC just to play those ludicrous MDIckie Wrestling Mpire games.

I'm jealous that he has that kind of money to throw away. It's would be the same as me buying a maxed-out gaming PC just to play those ludicrous MDIckie Wrestling Mpire games.
Never too much to upgrade to try one of the first Indy wrestling promotion games (Chikara are working on one too)

If that's not your thing to splash out on new consoles, give Wrestling Revolution 3D for your devices (works on iWhatever and Android) a go. You gotta pay for the career modes and free play, but totally worth it. It's a mix of popular wrestlers with made up names, though you can edit them to their real world counterparts. Great fun.

• Paid Members

Aye, that was the game series i was talking about when i mentioned Wrestlin Mpire. An absurd series of games; fun for what they are but not the second coming of a WWE 2K-beater that it's die hard fans claim it to be. That actually stems quite nicely to my thoughts on the latest ICW developments (spoilered for spoilers)...

They are now running a storyline where Red Lightening has become the majority stakeholder of ICW due to some convoluted storyline involving Mark Dallas taking out a loan to run the Hydro next year blah blah etc. ICW is meant to be the 'alternative' to WWE yet here they are with silly dueling authority figures. Fuck sake, i can't imagine how tiresome that set-up was to stand through.

Aye, that was the game series i was talking about when i mentioned Wrestlin Mpire. An absurd series of games; fun for what they are but not the second coming of a WWE 2K-beater that it's die hard fans claim it to be. That actually stems quite nicely to my thoughts on the latest ICW developments (spoilered for spoilers)...

They are now running a storyline where Red Lightening has become the majority stakeholder of ICW due to some convoluted storyline involving Mark Dallas taking out a loan to run the Hydro next year blah blah etc. ICW is meant to be the 'alternative' to WWE yet here they are with silly dueling authority figures. Fuck sake, i can't imagine how tiresome that set-up was to stand through.

ICW have always done the heel stable thing though, at least this gives red lightning a reason to be on shows other than "he's a good heel"

ICW have always done the heel stable thing though, at least this gives red lightning a reason to be on shows other than "he's a good heel"

wouldn't being good at what he does be enough to use him on a show or in a storyline?

wouldn't being good at what he does be enough to use him on a show or in a storyline?

Yes, he should be used because he's a good heel who cuts good promos, but you have to keep some elements of kayfabe. And "dallas didn't sack him because people chant you're a wanker at him" would be stretching it a bit.

An alternative to wwe, but had 2000 era nitro feel sunday when I think only one match ended without someone interfering, or coming out after a match and beating someone up and cutting a promo

• Paid Members

Where do ICW get the money to hire a studio to make a game for them?

I thought it was mentioned earlier that someone approached them with the idea? As opposed to ICW going out to a studio and saying, "Make our console game." I also get the impression it's one person as opposed to a bona fide, independent game studio.

Nevertheless, I bet they're making a killing in on demand subscriptions alone. Good houses at regular-held events is pretty gravy, too.

Edited by Your Fight Site