The Official ICW Discussion Thread

I'm buzzing for tonight. Going through early to watch the arsenal Chelsea game before heading up. First time I have been to barrow lands for anything, hoping I get a decent spot in the crowd to watch it

Grado just lost the world title to Chris Renfrew great match

Didn't see that one coming. That said, IMO I didn't really see Grado as Champ long term in the sense they've had two year long reigns beginning and ending at Fear and Loathing on the trot. Should be interesting to see where this goes. I'm going to predict NAK eventually hold all the marbles at some point in time.

I don't personally think that icw realised what position grado was in, people completely got around the hype then when he won the title, it fizzled out.

I think having a wrestler who can do everything makes storylines so much better. Grado got his title shot, it's time too get Icw too that next level

I'd imagine Grado won't be back till F&L. You don't get in that shape to look at the lights for Chris Renfrew.

Wolfy is a decent winner, bit of a disappointing ending but I get it. Fingers crossed it means an end to the NAK.

Terrible end to the tag title match but I'll give it a chance. Mark Coffey in at 29 is encouraging but I'm presuming Drew got snowed in.

Thomson vs Carmel was utter shit as expected. Both of them are great. Gimme 15 mins of Carmel vs Kay Lee Ray and 15 mins of Thomson vs anyone rather than that shite.

Edited by Marshmallo

That shape? Round? His gut was all over his tights. Lots of people in the crowd were very against Grado. A break would do him good. Not a big fan of Renfrew, but anyone but grado is good for now.

Hoping we get no more polo vs 55, it's over done and a towel being thrown in I can only hope leads to a jackie polo turn.

Doesn't seem like drew was ever booked, he wrestled tonight in evolve. Could have used golf club shot from weeks ago as excuse, to not announce until show started was a poor show.

Fuck load of weed was getting smoked through vapers in the crowd, now home and starving!

He has lost weight, but not enough for tights. Has still has no muscle definition. I was right next to entrance barrier, and seen close up that while he's not the size he was, he's still carrying an amount of chub. He kicked off at a guy in the crowd as well at the end.

Drew was clearly saying he was going to be there to save face for icw as he was advertised. No way was he making florida to Scotland in two hours. Fair enough if Evolve pays better, but for those who went to see him, it's a bit shitty. few brit wres guys there I hadn't seen before and impressed, liked the look of Trent seven. Setting up whiplash vs havoc is a good thing too. Dave mastiff was out in the street after with his top off still, so heat clearly got to him too

Agree on the Liam thomson match with the above, matches like that should be short and sharp, not the drawn out one it was.

Not saying you need to be ripped, but his bodies not changed enough to justify it. When crowds have already been turning against him, felt wrong time to make the trunks and music change in one go. Fair put his body through the wringer in the match, with tacks about, I'd have worn a singlet myself!

That shape? Round? His gut was all over his tights. Lots of people in the crowd were very against Grado. A break would do him good. Not a big fan of Renfrew, but anyone but grado is good for now.

Hoping we get no more polo vs 55, it's over done and a towel being thrown in I can only hope leads to a jackie polo turn.

Doesn't seem like drew was ever booked, he wrestled tonight in evolve. Could have used golf club shot from weeks ago as excuse, to not announce until show started was a poor show.

Fuck load of weed was getting smoked through vapers in the crowd, now home and starving!

He has lost weight, but not enough for tights. Has still has no muscle definition. I was right next to entrance barrier, and seen close up that while he's not the size he was, he's still carrying an amount of chub. He kicked off at a guy in the crowd as well at the end.

Drew was clearly saying he was going to be there to save face for icw as he was advertised. No way was he making florida to Scotland in two hours. Fair enough if Evolve pays better, but for those who went to see him, it's a bit shitty. few brit wres guys there I hadn't seen before and impressed, liked the look of Trent seven. Setting up whiplash vs havoc is a good thing too. Dave mastiff was out in the street after with his top off still, so heat clearly got to him too

Agree on the Liam thomson match with the above, matches like that should be short and sharp, not the drawn out one it was.

Not saying you need to be ripped, but his bodies not changed enough to justify it. When crowds have already been turning against him, felt wrong time to make the trunks and music change in one go. Fair put his body through the wringer in the match, with tacks about, I'd have worn a singlet myself!

EklIJzw.jpg

That's quite a transformation in the last 9-12 months.

I'm happy to agree to disagree with anyone. To me , in person there last night, when I seen him close up next to the barriers, he didn't look like trunks are for him. And watching back on icw now I say the same. When they changed his music last night, I thought they must have clearance for new song. To see that's also muted just makes no sense at all. The noise of his entrance is A big part of What makes him special, hiding it on in demand does nothing. Difference between the muted version and the un muted YouTube version is massive.

Watched this on demand last night and thought it was a really good show. Apart from Liam Thomson/Carmel being a bit too long I thought the whole show was wonderfully booked, I was kept guessing on the winner of every match right up until the finish.

Renfrew/Grado was fantastic and in my my mind answered a lot of the question marks that people have raised over the two.

Square Go was the best one yet and I especially liked how loads of different story arcs were developed throughout without any single one overshadowing the rest. The ending leaves an interesting scenario as well.

Edited by MungoChutney

I woke up a couple of hours early and flicked through the Rumble matches before work on Monday and watched the Rumble match itself in full. However, after that I was actually still more excited about the Square Go and abstained from social media for the day so as to not ruin anything for myself. I then spent the whole of Monday evening watching Square Go in full and must say I actually enjoyed the whole show and had no problem with any of it, I see some people had issues with the Thomson vs Carmel match but I have to say I really enjoyed it.

I actually genuinely enjoyed Square Go so much more than the Rumble and I'm not saying that in a 'WWE is shit, let's all look cool and bash it way', because I did actually enjoy the Rumble but it just feels like ICW is so much more unpredictable. For example I went into the Rumble pretty much predicting it all right. Whereas ICW I was a bit more up in the air about prediction-wise and was pleasantly surprised by not only who won in various matches but incidents in the matches themselves.

Even though I was one of the guys who initially thought 3 hours of Raw sounded great, as I'd love more wrestling, I now realise I find myself flicking through most of WWE's programming and some of it is because I think 'this is awful' but then some of it is due to just having so much of it to watch in a week and not wanting to miss it, for example Raw, Smackdown and NXT alone are 6 hours. Whereas ICW actually leaves me wanting more as its only around 2 hours a week so I savour every moment. Saying all of that though, I do think, for the most part, ICW has much better storylines going and much better characters and guys and girls who show so much more passion than some of those in WWE, so that definitely helps.