The Official ICW Discussion Thread

Looking forward to Friday's show at The Ritz, Manchester , can anybody give me the heads up on approx start time (I know there is a VIP meet n greet , and doors are 1800) and approx finish time !? As having to travel by train

Cheers , and thanks in advance

Does Darkside still work for ICW, cant remember last time I saw him or have I not paid attention

He's not had a match since the fringe last year I think, was moaning about it on twitter a while back

Kurt Angle is working a What Culture Pro Wrestling show in October. The month before the big ICW show that's billed around him. Naughty move by the WCPW boys.

Yes and no.

For the What Culture boys it's a great move. ICW should really have locked him down to a deal where he's exclusive to them for a small amount of time before their show.

Anyone buying an icw ticket for angle has likely bought one already. Wcpw having him in their warehouse isnt any different from rev pro having him a while back. And doubt any one shot booking is going to pay even more than whatever he is making to get a no compete in there

Heard on some podcast a while back that ICWs financial partner is getting a bit hacked off that they aren't seeing much of a return from the investments and that the Hydro show needs to do well otherwise they are cutting ties.

Anyone know anything about this or just speculation?

I mean, ICW have no issue going into other company's areas and venues. So they can't really complain.

The way I see things is if a promotion hasn't run a show at a venue for at least a year and a bit, it's fair game for anyone who wants it. If you're not going to do shows for foul means or fair, no point calling dibs on it. Plenty of promotions run Bristol for example and not all are local. They're debuting there in November at the Marble Factory after all. It's no secret promotors are very territorial with their regular venues especially once they hit their stride. ICW have been making a national expansion these last couple of years which is fair enough. In fact, when I went to their show in Birmingham last April, the Kamikaze Pro guys were flyering afterwards.

I mean, ICW have no issue going into other company's areas and venues. So they can't really complain.

The way I see things is if a promotion hasn't run a show at a venue for at least a year and a bit, it's fair game for anyone who wants it. If you're not going to do shows for foul means or fair, no point calling dibs on it. Plenty of promotions run Bristol for example and not all are local. They're debuting there in November at the Marble Factory after all. It's no secret promotors are very territorial with their regular venues especially once they hit their stride. ICW have been making a national expansion these last couple of years which is fair enough. In fact, when I went to their show in Birmingham last April, the Kamikaze Pro guys were flyering afterwards.

Well, PROGRESS has a regular deal at the Ritz and ICW are there this weekend. Not necessarily saying there's anything wrong with it but if that's fair game, then so is people sniping them on imports. 

Nobody cries about wwe running anywhere in uk, so no place together upset about an icw show 2/3 times a year. Only long term promoter they promoted in area was Norwich and they made contact beforehand amd booked the knights on the show.

What podcast was that rumour? Financial partner is an event promoter and they book more events than most acts So don't see where that issue would be.

It was the Brit Wres Roundtable on Voices of Wrestling

WCPW won't affect the ICW shows much. I wouldn't suspect ROH running the same weekend will hurt ICW too much either. Their audience is far greater than your typical wrestling fan.

What podcast is that?

• Paid Members

The comments on investors etc. were probably just part of some kind of shitty ownership shoot-work angle that ICW seems to favour doing all the time.

I personally haven't decided between attending the massive ICW Fear & Loathing supershow in Glasgow (huge deal as an occasion, even if you don't follow the promotion), ROH in London (potentially a set of TV tapings?) or TIDAL in Leeds (excellent local promotion that I follow regularly) that November Sunday yet.

Edited by Big Benny HG