The Official ICW Discussion Thread

They used his icw music in the video package along with the ripper video into. The garage was going nuts for this, perfect start to the show. And takes away any chance of that frank the clown cunt showing up. Hes to be the enforcer for the main event, so no chance he isn't allowed on the ippv or on demand.

Girvan has come along a lot last few months, and easy to forget he's only 21. One of the imports has to win and likely to be ricochet so gives a good rub. Ricochet also announced for show night before in Glasgow too. Tickets on sale for that tomorrow too

• 2 weeks later...

ICW are streaming their Fight Club show live on Facebook and On Demand this Saturday night from 6.00pm.  Totally free on both platforms and an excellent way to lead in to Sunday's big show at the Hydro.  Speaking of the Hyrdo, although it's hard to tell exactly because the number of standing tickets isn't known, it looks like Sunday will have an estimated 7-8,000 people in attendance.  That's a phenomenal achievement with a gate that might exceed £250,000.

Both tapings they did there didn't do that well. The main reason they did the first one was for the bragging rights of being the first wrestling show there. It was funny seeing the Scottish fans complain they didn't do it this year when it's fair to say there's no point in them going if they're not coming. And it's fair to say the "It's more than their house shows get" rebuttal doesn't wash off with it. Think they were saying they sold more tickets than they ever managed there in the first week it went on sale.

The Fear & Loathing attendances have grown and grown from what I've gathered

F&L VI: 1,000 at the ABC

F&L VII: 1,600 at the Barrowlands

F&L VIII: 4,500 at the SECC

And looking like just under 8,000 for this year. Tall order to get the sellout, but still phenomenal going. If it is there next year as they mentioned they were in talks with them about it, a fIve figure attendance would be achievable if they get things right.

Staying in hydro for next year is smartest move. Standing was said to be about 2500, and two more blocks opened for seating. Sensibly filling it level by level, should be a good atmosphere on the night. Gutted I didn't go VIP just for getting close to the front of standing , no fussed about the meet and greet

I went for seating because although i enjoyed the SECC show it was hard to get right in to a match being far back and watching half in the ring and half on a screen. Smaller venues like Classic Grand and Garage are fine but bigger than that isnt as good.

Plus in a seat i can get a beer and keep the same spot and also have a few before the show without having to worry about what time I'm getting to the venue.

• Paid Members

Based on the seating plan (and looking at both the blocks that are full and the number of empty seats), I make it somewhere between 6,000 and 7,000 at the moment, depending what the actual capacity they use is. It's nailed on for biggest UK promotion show since Daddy-Haystacks in 81 and biggest ever in Scotland. As noted, it's highly likely to be bigger than ECW ever did.

Edited by JNLister