The Official ICW Discussion Thread

I blame Red Lightning! :laugh:

Just watched Fear & Lothian 3 from last Sunday, just uploaded to ICW on Demand this evening. Such a great service, to be able to see a show, really well post-produced, from just 5 days ago.

Really enjoyed the show. ICW's production is excellent. They're easily the most tv-ready of all the UK promotions currently.

I think I enjoyed that 2 hour 20 minute show more than any WWE show in a long time.

What really impressed me post production-wise for Fear & Lothian 3 was the opening segment where Red Lightning had Dallas kicked out of the building, and they had a splitscreen of Dallas getting battered and dumped outside the building by Jack Jester that seriously would not have looked out of place on WWE tv. Really nice, professional, major league looking on-screen graphics.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Jesters line to dallas wa quality too. Started watching icw online on YouTube to work up to on demand shows. Difference in production in 3 years is breathtaking. 2012 looks like 1996

They really are ahead if every uk promotion in terms of production values. The range of merchandise however whilst good is a little bit lacking in my opinion and something that ICW should really look at heading towards tge Hydro show.

Imagine 11000 people with a huge range of merchandise at there fingertips.

I would be aiming for the every single person in that building to at least spend money on merchandise.

Most of the wrestlers sell their own shirts seperate of icw. I got the DCT shirt direct from him. Noam dar does his own too. At Edinburgh I'd say 50% of crowd had an shirt or hoodie from icw store tho

• Paid Members

PROGRESS have it spot-on in terms of merch. As well as the traditional tshirts, and hoodies (of which they're always doing new designs) there's baseball caps, bags, mugs, bottle openers, stickers and more. They've got an On Demand service exactly like ICW, but still do DVDs as a 'limited edition' numbered collector's item, with fancy artwork etc. On show day +90% of the audience is in some kind of gear, which is something I've never seen anywhere else, even back in the old FWA days.

It really is an income stream that others could learn from, but only works when the audience has such a strong connection to the brand. I would have thought ICW would fit that description, so there's plenty more they could be doing.

Still, I've never seen any promotion other than Leeds' TIDAL Wrestling sell branded TEA TOWELS yet...

The books for over a year ago get done around now so the figures your looking at on that page are from around 3 years ago and doesn't show turnover. ICW does make money but has things that constantly need to be paid, travel, our offices, new cameras, canvases, wages of full time staff, performers wages ect. We run huge venues that cost a good chunk of money to hire and we can't just throw a ring up in the middle of a room so then we need to pay for sound and lighting, tech crews ect. We are also a legit company so 20% of what we bring in goes to the taxman. ICW behind the scenes is run well and pays for itself to grow and move forward. A growing company must consume cash to continue growth.

• 4 weeks later...

These friday night fight clubs could do with editing out all the post match shows of respect. Getting 2 or 3 each show is repetitive.

Not feeling grado as a champion at all. Don't want Renfrew to win it, unless it's to lose it to someone else who wins square go and cashes in quickly.

Joe Hendry has been the star of total Davey . Davey just comes across as the pal you find funny, but no one out of your group does.

Been watching my way through the worldwide shows on you tube the last month or so, and soo glad the sound quality on on demand is much better than it used to be, couldn't hear most of old interviews or commentary.

Hopefully finds its feet if it is being trialled to be used on a tv show.