The Official ICW Discussion Thread

I thought the crowd were a bit quieter at times than I expected.  Not as much as it comes across on the On Demand service but there was definitely moments when there was a bit of a lull.  At the time I thought it was possibly because of how big the main event was and the anticipation for that but given how hard the other wrestlers worked I don't think it was that.  More likely to be arena acoustics and some more casuals in the audience than is the norm.

Edited by MungoChutney

• Paid Members

Anyone able to tell me how to edit the title of the thread please?

May as well turn this into the official ICW thread if that's okay with everyone.

I thought you could edit your original post and get the option there, but apparently not.

I think the best bet would be to report the post, and just drop a note saying what you want the thread to be renamed to.

• Paid Members

Anyone able to tell me how to edit the title of the thread please?

May as well turn this into the official ICW thread if that's okay with everyone.

You just edit the first post in the thread, making sure you're using the full editor rather than the quick edit.

EDIT: ah, t'has been done.

Edited by Big Benny HG

ICW are doing fine without. Better than fine. They had nearly 5,000 at a bona fide arena, and are now going to more than double that.

Not wanting to be negative, but they've not done that yet. If they pull 13,000, I'll be as happy as anyone. But it's a big if. I can't see it, but still think they'll get a very respectable number.

ICW are doing fine without. Better than fine. They had nearly 5,000 at a bona fide arena, and are now going to more than double that.

Not wanting to be negative, but they've not done that yet. If they pull 13,000, I'll be as happy as anyone. But it's a big if. I can't see it, but still think they'll get a very respectable number.

If they can get 10000, I'd imagine they'll be doing cartwheels. A British promotion drawing a 5 figure attendance would be a hugely significant milestone.

• Paid Members

Poor phrasing on my behalf. More meant, going for more than double that number as opposed to, it’s certain they will be more than doubling the number.

Like you, I’d be pleased as punch for them and it would be a fantastic achievement if they did draw a number that big.

Edited by Your Fight Site

I think to put it into perspective you need to look at ICW and compare with ECW.

ECW pulled there largest ever attendance of just over 6000 to Anarchy Rulz 1999 during the biggest boom period this business has ever seen. They did this to a PPV event on the back of National TV.

ICW drew 4000 with NO national TV deal, which is Fuck in incredible. I would love it if they sold out the Hydro and can see them doing it. Hell I'll go so far as to call it now:

By November 6th (2 weeks in advance) ICW will announce that they have sold out the Hydro.

I still can't comprehend the fixation with TV = full arenas. TNA is essentially on free TV, they get a couple of thousand into the Hydro. ICW has no TV and will probably sell a couple of thousand tickets this month alone.

Disney on Ice, Harlem Globetrotters, Cirque du Soleil and several other acts regularly tour the globe including the UK, selling out several nights in the one location. No TV.

Enjoyed the show and amazing to think how big ICW has gotten. I do think they need to move away from music that they have to mute however and this includes Grado. Massive pop and straight into silence just killed the moment for me.

Think the swearing by the announcer should also be turned down or eliminated. Not offended by it at all but can make it sound quite amateur.

Apart from those minor niggles, great effort. I think Foley was used perfectly.

Edited by iMPACt!

All the talk of tv is old hat.icw sold out secc based on the Internet and word of mouth, as bbc docs were both out before it was announced. Why get lost in amongst hundreds of channels, when linking clips on Facebook and twitter is proving succeful so far? Tv should be an addition, not the end product. Highlight show once a month of the events in that period would be plenty. All shows are recorded in hd anyway so no real extra costs

Agree on the above re the music. Don't get like a prayer being muted on entrance, but not on post match.

Enjoyed the show and amazing to think how big ICW has gotten. I do think they need to move away from music that they have to mute however and this includes Grado. Massive pop and straight into silence just killed the moment for me.

Think the swearing by the announcer should also be turned down or eliminated. Not offended by it at all but can make it sound quite amateur.

Apart from those minor niggles, great effort. I think Foley was used perfectly.

Grado's music is a big problem. His theme tune is a big part of his character, the crowds love clapping and singing when they hear the intro but when it is muted on the on demand service his entrance is just not fun. The crowd went mental at Wembley earlier this year when they heard his theme. Sadly we all know they will never be allowed to use it. What do you replace it with that still captures the fun? I hope they find something but it will be difficult for ICW and we have to respect that.

There are a couple of others they have to mute out but have less impact and they should use local bands like they use for many other intros such as Jack Jester's.

With regard to the announcer are you talking about the commentator/comedian Billy Kirkwood? Sometimes he can go a bit far but again it is ICW and ICW is the alternative. It is also over 18's so they should have no worry. Sometimes he does go a bit over the top but I feel his commentary helps emphasise their matches and how much the wrestlers are going all out. I do not think he sounds amateur, his profession as a comedian makes it easy for him to speak in front of crowds. I would say his style as an announcer and commentator sound far better than many I have seen at live indys and taped ones.

All the talk of tv is old hat.icw sold out secc based on the Internet and word of mouth, as bbc docs were both out before it was announced. Why get lost in amongst hundreds of channels, when linking clips on Facebook and twitter is proving succeful so far? Tv should be an addition, not the end product. Highlight show once a month of the events in that period would be plenty. All shows are recorded in hd anyway so no real extra costs

Agree on the above re the music. Don't get like a prayer being muted on entrance, but not on post match.

Just because the documentaries were before the show was announced does not mean it has had nothing to do with their business. I bought some dvds based on seeing the 1st documentary and enjoyed the product. I am sure many others got into ICW from the documentaries. I think you are correct in saying that them using more and more promos on the internet recently has helped as it makes sure it keeps people updated on storylines but tv has had alot of impact on their success. Due to the shows being more frequent now than they once were, and would not be surprised if they do more next year, a fortnightly show would be better to keep up to date.