Would you go to war?

Ron&Hermione

Would you go to war?

It's World War III and your country needs all the help they can get, it's not mandatory but every body is needed, would you answer the call and go to war and fight?

Do you think you are capable of killing others?

Would it sway your choice if staying home would make you a coward in everyone's eyes?

For me it's a firm No, I would not go to war and risk my life for a war. Whether I believe in that war or not would make no difference in my book, I just wouldn't want to fight and kill (most likely be killed).

Yes I understand that would make me a coward and not doing all for my country, but I've always had a hard time getting my head around the fact just because I was born in the same country as someone makes me their 'brother'. People from Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, they all have a different life and I have no attachments to them at all, but just because we speak the same language and come from sort of the same place we are together? For the most part I imagine our beliefs and ideal society are far a part anyway.

Aside from the language, I would see no difference in fighting for those places as I would for fighting for the opposition.

If our freedoms depended on it?

I would still probably stay home, mainly because I would be more use at home I reckon. I've not played any of the call of duty games, so god knows how useless I would be.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would still probably stay home, mainly because I would be more use at home I reckon. 

I guess the real men would need someone to wash their clothes and applaud them when they arrive home, soaked in the blood of the enemy and sporting a crazed glint in their eyes.

• Moderators

It's an impossible question to answer without knowing the circumstances. If IS were ransacking my town and raping my wives and children, I'd sure as fuck want to cave their heads in. I wouldn't move a muscle for cheap oil though.

If cracking skulls was a direct necessity to getting my family safe then sure. But that's the only motivation that's going to get me involved. Otherwise, fuck that - I'm just getting myself and them clear of the situation.

What if someone was aproching England. Marching from country to country invading as they go. If no one was willing to travel, we would have lost the second world war. Like King Coconut said, it's a impossible question to answer without knowing the circumstances.

I would still probably stay home, mainly because I would be more use at home I reckon.

I guess the real men would need someone to wash their clothes and applaud them when they arrive home, soaked in the blood of the enemy and sporting a crazed glint in their eyes.

I do know how to throw a party and I also make a delightful cheesecake, so welcoming home the real men wouldn't be a problem.

I guess I was more thinking a similar situation to a World War 2, in that it was fought abroad but some bombings here and the intentions to cross the narrow sea.

• Paid Members

What if someone was aproching England. Marching from country to country invading as they go. If no one was willing to travel, we would have lost the second world war. Like King Coconut said, it's a impossible question to answer without knowing the circumstances.

If it was that serious, then I'd probably go. Luckily we're both islands.

Until it happened I wouldnt know. When I had kids to look after I would without question, before hand  I would be white feather brigade. Still not sure I could kill as have trouble when accidentally squishing a snail. So would probably end up cannon fodder as stretcher bearer or something I'd want to do my part but not end someone

Archived