Would you go to war?

Ron&Hermione

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If we can't get hundreds of thousands of people to go out and take a job, and instead live their life on benefits, then they any going anywhere to take a bullet. I'm not talking the genuinely unemployed, or those with disabilities, but we have a lot more feckless people than a century ago.

Despite the fact that unemployment is at its lowest since records began back in 1972? I don't think we keep official records for "number of feckless people", but feel free to enlighten us all with some statistics.

There must be millions more feckless people now. Everyone on reality TV for a start! And semi-pro footballers with undercut haircuts and 99p store WAGs second!

• Paid Members

I would immediately go off to die in a war if and only if someone I loved was in direct danger, i.e. someone I'm willing to die for, because for sure, I'd die.

Otherwise, fuck no. I'd die.

• Paid Members

I'm not supporting him - the opposite. I'm saying, it used to be an easy life. But now it's a pain in the arse.

Your whole life counts as recent for the timescales he's talking about.

I've been a employed, taxpaying citizen since 16 with only very brief periods of claiming. The longest ever was a year. Feckless is correct, though.

• Paid Members

Apart from my initial visit to fill in my claim, I signed in ONCE before I thought "fuck this" and sorted my shit out and actually backdoored my way into a job at my mate's company. Having to go through that was for more effective at getting me off my arse than having no cash. The worst part being feeling my flesh crawling from some of the "people" I had to sit near, waiting for my name to be called. Which I resented, because I half expected someone to overhear my name and immediately try and steal my identity. Aha, joke's on you! I don't have any money to steal!

• Paid Members

From what I can remember it started getting harder being on the dole around the time Gordon Brown was in No. 10.

Yeah, I was only unemployed for a few weeks of Brown's PM stint and it was already starting to get to where Duncan-Smith was taking it to now. Obviously not as extreme though. Tony Blair's system was absolutely mental. Must have pissed away some amount of money, especially Incapacity Benefit (for the under 25s) under Blair. You really couldn't go back to that carry-on. Most people that were on IB actually wanted to do something and got absolutely no help whatsover.

• Paid Members

Id be more inclined to go to war if we were still fighting with swords and shields. Fuck that getting shot nonsense!

At least being shot can be quick. Don't fancy having an artery in the thigh slashed and slowly bleeding out. Or being disembowelled or something.

Archived