Would you go to war?

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

If they were accepting 38-year-olds, I'd assume we were pretty much fucked anyway.

Yeah, it would be a modern day "Dad's Army" here if they were accepting me and you.

I'd go to war if someone invaded my country, because then it's literally about protecting your family - but I wouldn't travel somewhere else.

Definately the way I feel. Mess with my family? I'll be sticking a bayonet in your eye.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If they were accepting 38-year-olds, I'd assume we were pretty much fucked anyway.

Yeah, it would be a modern day "Dad's Army" here if they were accepting me and you.

I'd go to war if someone invaded my country, because then it's literally about protecting your family - but I wouldn't travel somewhere else.

Definately the way I feel. Mess with my family? I'll be sticking a bayonet in your eye.

Yeah, I'd let the army do their best first, and then if invasion was imminent, I'd assume there'd be no choice left.

Still not sure I could kill as have trouble when accidentally squishing a snail. So would probably end up cannon fodder as stretcher bearer or something I'd want to do my part but not end someone

The first one is always the hardest. After that initial kill it gets much easier.

It's been years since I've seen you indulge your hard man fantasies on here, David. Nice to know you've still got them.

Obviously the tongue in cheek remark about snails hasn't amused you. I'm sorry.

Unless you thought I was talking about killing people? If that's the case, where the fuck do you live? In my town people who kill actual human beings aren't "hard men", they're fucking maniacs.

If our shores are in danger, I'd be signing up. Pretty much bet we would be fucked as the poor and hardy who died in the world wars are now mostly benefit scrounging lazy bastards who would see inability to learn Russian as a new way to claim a benefit

• Moderators

If our shores are in danger, I'd be signing up. Pretty much bet we would be fucked as the poor and hardy who died in the world wars are now mostly benefit scrounging lazy bastards who would see inability to learn Russian as a new way to claim a benefit

Well, that's a shitty statement if I'm gleaning anything from it. Please expand and prove me wrong.

If we can't get hundreds of thousands of people to go out and take a job, and instead live their life on benefits, then they any going anywhere to take a bullet. I'm not talking the genuinely unemployed, or those with disabilities, but we have a lot more feckless people than a century ago.

• Paid Members

It's pretty hard to live in benefits these days. You have to do a lot of tedious shit for £72 a week. Early morning sign ons, work program and your adviser trying to sanction you for sneezing.

You're not doing it right. Feign disability or have some kids you don't want.

• Paid Members

It was easy as fuck on benefits when I was last on them (pre-Tories). Nobody tried to force you to do anything. Fill in a bunch of made up job applications while bunking the train on the way to the job centre, pop in, get signed, fuck off to the off licence. Blown through your JSA too soon? There was a crisis loan for that. Same day giro. Back to the off licence. Good times.

If we can't get hundreds of thousands of people to go out and take a job, and instead live their life on benefits, then they any going anywhere to take a bullet. I'm not talking the genuinely unemployed, or those with disabilities, but we have a lot more feckless people than a century ago.

Despite the fact that unemployment is at its lowest since records began back in 1972? I don't think we keep official records for "number of feckless people", but feel free to enlighten us all with some statistics.

Archived