Drew McDonald

PowerButchi

• Moderators

News is now coming from other sources which I know are close to Drew that he's in fact still fighting.

Apologies to any friends of Drew for earlier misunderstandings, and we hope not to have upset anyone unduly.

He was a regular fixture on shows when I was going to the town hall as a boy. And then as an adult, he was still kicking about and winning titles. A total legend up here and as such got a stunning reception at ICW, where he put on a fun showing both on the mic and in the match.

RIP.

major shame, saw him a few times in great yarmouth in my teens and loved heckling him, always had amazing comebacks. amazing talent and amazing guy! so many amazing tributes being left on facebook for him right now by those who worked with him. shame i never got the chance!

Saddened to hear of the passing of Drew McDonald. Drew was on the first British wrestling show I went to and I was mesmerised by his crowd manipulation from the very start. A perfect heel and I instantly became a fan. I won't pretend to know him because I only knew him as a fan. In the ring he was a professional (I loved taking photos of him!) and when I met him outside it he was a lovely gent. It was only later on that I found out he was responsible for getting so many Brits their tryout matches with WWE including Paige. RIP to a World of Sport and British Wrestling legend.

• Paid Members

Looked like he could kill you, I mean really kill you. Excellent british grappler who down to unfortunate timing missed out on being a household name. RIP.

• Paid Members

Sad to hear this. I'm a big fan, He was really awesome in the FWA when I was a regular. Particularly as a heel. A sad day for British wrestling.

sydneyxraven your absolutely spot on. He really did a fine job of making you believe it was real.

R.I.P.

Archived