WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah saw these a couple of days ago. I'm tempted to stick some money on Lesnar, Taker, Cena and Sting as an accumulated. £5 stake pays just over £28, works out at roughly 4/1 as all except Lesnar are the favourites.

Ice just got a feeling that they're going to bottle it and have Lesnar retain. We've seen how stubborn they can be not giving the fans what they want, but are they willing to risk the same in a massive stadium. If Reigns does win, I won't be shocked but I do have a feeling that they'll try avoid a hostile reception to end the show

I'm putting money on a Brock win!! Seth's either cashing in on the night or on Raw after. On the night would be a fresh way to see mania close plus it'll send dem wans (did i use that phrase correctly?) home happy

Is the title match as the main event a lock? Or is anyone expecting Tripke H and Sting to go on last? Regardless of how the title match goes down, it just doesn't feel like a Wrestlemania main event.

Title match should go on last for me but genuinely amazed there's been so little build up for it. Surely we got a brawl between Reigns and Lesnar on Monday night to spice things up?

Is the title match as the main event a lock? Or is anyone expecting Tripke H and Sting to go on last? Regardless of how the title match goes down, it just doesn't feel like a Wrestlemania main event.

Title match should go on last for me but genuinely amazed there's been so little build up for it. Surely we got a brawl between Reigns and Lesnar on Monday night to spice things up?

The title match needs to go on last. If it goes on mid way and Reigns wins, they run the risk of having the fans spit their dummy out and sour the rest of the show.

• Paid Members

They wrap Sting up in cotton wool on their TV shows. Putting him on last would be unthinkable. I fully expect Sting to look great and get the big pop IF he beats HHH, but you cant stick that on last. That's a full on special attraction match. They dont even put Undertaker's matches on last when he had the streak and they were arguably more important than the title match most years. No matter what happens with the Reigns/Brock match, the crowd will be off the hook. Its going to be mega heated. And you could do a few things in that one in terms of the finish. There's no solid guarantee who will win all the matches, but you sort of assume who will win all of them. The main event is that way as well, but its the only match where the winner is quite intriguing. Its the match where the result will leave as many questions as answers. If Sting loses or Orton loses or Taker loses, I'm sure life will go on. If Brock wins or Reigns wins, its going to be very interesting to see the direction they go in afterwards. So it will go on last. I cant imagine any other way.

Sting's match has sort of replaced the Undertaker's bout this year. Its the solid number 2 (hopefully it doesnt smell like it). The Undertaker match this year really means absolutely nothing. It reminds me of when they used to bring Piper back in the mid-90s. Its just another match on the card against another Mickey Mouse character who plays about with urns. Bray is basically Kama or Mabel. There's nothing on the line. I dont think anyone believes Bray will win and even if he does win, its not going to shatter the earth after last year. The Streak ending has killed my interest in the Undertaker.

The Streak ending has killed my interest in the Undertaker.

I agree with all of the post but this stands out. The Streak became bigger than the Undertaker after those HBK matches.

I wish Taker only came back for one last match after last year, and for it to be a retirement Career vs Whatever match (one of those where the outcome is never in doubt, but it's the best way sometimes).

You could've woven so much into that match. Triple H as guest referee. HBK involved in the build up. Brock Lesnar and Kane in there too.

Daniel Bryan and Undertaker's stars have fallen massively in the past 12 months.

• Awards Moderator

The Streak ending has killed my interest in the Undertaker.

I agree with all of the post but this stands out. The Streak became bigger than the Undertaker after those HBK matches.

I wish Taker only came back for one last match after last year, and for it to be a retirement Career vs Whatever match (one of those where the outcome is never in doubt, but it's the best way sometimes).

You could've woven so much into that match. Triple H as guest referee. HBK involved in the build up. Brock Lesnar and Kane in there too.

Daniel Bryan and Undertaker's stars have fallen massively in the past 12 months.

I love Taker, but I have to agree with Ian as well. If we're to see Taker again after last year, it should be for a farewell. Bowing out after finally losing the Streak makes sense. Bowing out after losing the Streak, then having a match with Bray Wyatt, then maybe having another one… no thanks.

And though I've come to understand why (storyline wise) he might accept Wyatt's challenge, I can not imagine the match going well, either from a wrestling perspective or a storyline one. Without the Streak, they're going to have to rely on the supernatural bits, and I'm not convinced that's going to work. Wyatt's not Demon Kane. He'll do his spider walk thing and I can only see Taker rolling his eyes and going 'oh come on, I'm the fucking Undertaker, middle school gymnastics aren't that scary, pal'.

• Paid Members

MMA zombie Undertaker is really boring. It's a testament to how massive the Streak became that I was into his yearly Wrestlemania matches. For his legacy and health, I was a bit disappointed he agreed to do a bit of a nothing match with Bray Wyatt - although I'm sure he's happy with the pay day.

Like HG typed, they should have saved the post-Streak match for his retirement bout or something. At least that has more gravitas to it than him doing spooky shite with the rambling fat lad.

Archived