Singing wrestlers.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That whole channel is filled with Jimmy Hart demos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQKbSc4ZT_YnOhsUKf79F1Q

Including what was supposed to be 3 Count's next song

Good 'ol Boys sounds like Jeff Jarrett's first WCW theme with lyrics. Rap is Crap, bloody hell, I haven't heard that in a while!

That's because it was. James Hart is so fucking basic in his idea of what music is, that when it called for a generic country music song, he just got Curt Hennig to sing over a one he hoped nobody remembered someone else using. WCW did that loads. Instead of getting Jimmy back in the studio, they just swapped themes around.

Handsome Jimmy Valiant released some absolute belters in the late 70s/early 80s. When I think of Jimmy the first thing that comes to mind isn't The Boy From New York City, or even glass coffee tables, it's his autobiographical single 'Son of a Gypsy'. Released in 1979 and penned by Jimmy Hart (who else). I've embedded the (incorrectly labelled) song below, but please also watch the first video featuring Jimmy introducing the song and telling Lance Russell about the time he did garries with Burt Reynolds. The vinyl release featured a B-Side titled 'He's Got What it Takes', also written by Jimmy Hart, which sounds like the New York Dolls if the Dolls were far, far more sexually aggressive.

His maddest song though was '714', a song in which Jimmy sings about the aviation industry and his personal preference for the 714 over the larger, more popular Boeing 747. The lyrical highlight comes towards the end when Jimmy implores the listener to 'Call the Air Traffic Control man, just to correct my traffic!'. I've always presumed it was released in 1984, as Handsome's jacket has 'Boogie Man Jam '84' emblazoned on the back in what appears to be the official video, but I can't be entirely sure. I don't know who wrote this one but the backing track has Jimmy Hart written all over it.

Archived