Vince appears at Smackdown taping...Not Happy!

Krytie 2X4B 523P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was weird the timing he came out.

The crowd were pretty dead for Main Event, Ambrose came out at the end though and got a great reaction.

Then SmackDown started and the first segment was really loud and everyone into it...then Vince came out to have a go at everyone. The crowd had picked up by this point so it came across pretty mental!

• Paid Members

I don't buy into the whole "Well they aren't making sound because they aren't into the current product" bollocks. If they aren't into the current produect, then why the fuck have they bought tickets to be there then?

Because the WWE brand still carries enough name value and recognition to get people to go on that strength alone. I know a bunch of people who went to the Cardiff show last week who are lapsed fans and only went for nostalgia purposes.

I get that going to a TV taping is a bigger thing than that but I still reckon you'd get that type of fan there.

Also, a lot of parents who have just taken their kids and don't give a fuck.

• Paid Members

I don't buy into the whole "Well they aren't making sound because they aren't into the current product" bollocks. If they aren't into the current produect, then why the fuck have they bought tickets to be there then?

How long before the show do tickets go on sale? Is it possible that you could like what you're seeing at time of purchase only for 8-12 months later the product takes a nose-dive? (genuine question as outside of Rumble/Mania time I rarely watch these days)

• Paid Members

So why make the show so bad vince had to come out and more or less tell them to have a good time? 

People are over, people cheer? Clearly something was wrong as the crowd couldnt give two shits? 

I dont overly love the current state of WWE but i would still go and watch to see a few of the wrestlers i like.

• Paid Members

i was at Raw and i don't really understand the backlash on the forum to the crowd reaction, people need to lighten up a bit, there was some stupid shit chanted but it was all good natured from what i could gather, i had a great night  :thumbsup: 

• Paid Members

How long before the show do tickets go on sale?
The tickets for these tapings will have gone on sale in April or May. So that's a long time for the the product to change significantly, and not for the better.

This isn't a new pattern though. It's been the same for the last couple of years. The UK tapings at the end of the year are always unfortunately placed at a time when WWE is usually at their creative worst. They stop caring around Summerslam and don't really put much effort in again until around the beginning of December.

As I've said before, I still had a good time despite it being a pretty average show. I was amused by the, "where's our Network," chants though. The folks chanting that must have absolutely no idea how shit the Network actually is, how quickly the novelty will wear off and how little of they'll watch in the months after they originally subscribe.

• Paid Members

How long before the show do tickets go on sale?

The tickets for these tapings will gone on sale in April or May. So that's a long time for the the product to change significantly, and not for the better.

The product is what it is. It's barely changed in the last six or seven years. It's most interesting between Rumble and WrestleMania (though the last two years there have been some pretty atrocious Raws before WM) and is otherwise generally dependent on the personnel.

That personnel hasn't changed massively since April or May. Just Reigns' injury and Orton's movie. I guess you could also forgive any casual fan who expected Brock Lesnar.

I was amused by the, "where's our Network," chants though. The folks chanting that must have absolutely no idea how shit the Network actually is, how quickly the novelty will wear off and how little of they'll watch in the months after they originally subscribe. 

Depends on:

a) how much they like wrestling

b) how much free time they have

I've had it since February, and been too busy with uni and work to really gorge on the content. In the time I have watched it, I've enjoyed NXT, the PPVs and some of the specials they've chucked up, including the DVD docos.

Now that I've got a bit more free time with work drying up, I've started working through WCW since around when Nitro started, since I never watched it back then. I'll be doing the same with ECW in the coming weeks.

The Network loses luster if its main selling point (the archives) is something that the audience has seen plenty of times before. For fans that see it as fresh content, it's amazing.

• Paid Members

Daniel Bryan and Batista are another two who were around when tickets went on sale, too.

I understand what you're saying though, and I'm totally of the same opinion. This is the type of product you're always going to get, especially at this time of year.

If I was to blame anything for how little noise people were making, having been at RAW myself, it would be the fact that half the fucking roster was at a house show somewhere else. I know it probably makes them more money or whatever, and again, it's nothing new, but it did feel a bit of a slap in the face that the premier TV taping was missing so many stars. I heard many people specifically listing the guys they hadn't seen live; Ambrose, Wyatt, Goldust and Stardust, the Usos. You definitely can't hold it against anyone for thinking they'd get the whole roster if they bought a ticket for RAW.

If Goldust and Stardust are the third and fourth names on the list of stars you're not seeing, then you're not missing much.

I'd wager that most of the people doing the "Where's our network" chanting were in it for the trollolz, rather than actually being clueless about the network.

For Raw, I thought the Ryback storyline gave the show a bit more momentum and focus than it has most weeks. I really wish they'd  used the taped nature to do a two-hour show and maximised the rest of the time with character development stuff or skits, mind. Get Titus and Slater knocking around backstage where they bump into Fandango and tell him they thought he was dead, do a sitdown interview with Ambrose about his deadbeat dad, anything. Boil down the in-arena stuff to shite the crowd will react to.

Archived