The Apprentice 2014 Thread (Spoilers)

TheShowOff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watch a lot of TV, but had never watched Apprentice. It has been going ten years, but I only watched my first episode two weeks ago.

It is so addictive. Very awkward, sometimes cringe worthy. But I thought it was brilliant. Some are so bad. Lindsay shouldn't have made the show. Scott from last week was awful. The jumper and jacket were truly bad ideas. Who's early favourite to win? I think Solomon is quite good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Spoilers are okay in here, aren't they? It says 'spoilers' in the title, so...

Right result? Not insofar as the firing goes (it should have been James, who was awful), but certainly the right team won. I was a bit worried it was going to be one of those episodes where the team who seems terrible all the way through turns out to win, but happily that wasn't the case.

Very impressed with Lauren, and Australian Mark was great negotiating the Blenheim price. I think they're both contenders unless Mark and Dan end up killing each other.

Best moments were Karren looking wistfully at the emergency exit sign on her team's coach, and Lord Sugar's line, "if Anne Boleyn's neck was as thick as you, she'd still be alive!" Superb.

Overall a deeply cringeworthy but good episode. Looking forward to board games next week.

• Paid Members

I think James is bloody lucky that Sanjay bums him/feels intimidated by him, otherwise he'd be gone I reckon. Jemma going wasn't that surprising, unfortunately she ballsed up her role yesterday and until then she's been too much of a passenger. Shame as she seems lovely.

Really, really dislike this James now. Before he was annoying, but last night in the way he spoke to the likes of Jemma he showed a right vicious side. I think that he gets the backing from the guys because of his subtle bullying nature. I'm hoping the Aussie guy can cut him down to size soon.

I think Jemma said herself about just quietly working away and on a show like this you're not going to get noticed. Hell in real life you don't, the person who's in from 9 - 5 every day and gets through alloted tasks without fuss won't be noticed as much as the self promoters. Most of the time she wasn't involved in any of the major bitchfests but on her highlights on "you're fired" you do spot the little things she did during tasks, branding seemed a real strong point.

I think had James stayed in he probably would have survived on a technicality. For all his shocking work and the coach from hell his hard sell approach was the only reason it was closer in the end (I can't imagine the profit the other team would've made with pushing extra merch and asking for tips) so Sanjay probably would have gone, or the result would stay the same with Jemma going for being too quiet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Mark's the Aussie who loves using the football analogy, right? He's a knob.

James is just ridiculous. Proper delusions of grandeur but a guilty pleasure to watch. The Apprentice is better with dickheads like him about. And when Sugar finally bins him no doubt the look on his face will be priceless.

Who do you all fancy to win? I'm really not sure. The You're Fired crowd were heavily pro Roisin but I can't see her winning the whole thing myself. I don't know. There's no obvious standout this year, to me.

Archived