Your preferred NOC finish and Road to WrestleMania

JNLister

Book a finish  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Meltzer (and indeed most people who've given it some thought) reckon there are two main possibilities for booking upcoming shows, each assuming the plan is Reigns ending up as the champion.

1) Lesnar beats Cena at Night of Champions, likely through interference from another heel who then feuds with Cena. Lesnar keeps the title till WrestleMania and drops it to Reigns in the big coronation.

2) Cena beats Lesnar at Night of Champions but Seth Rollins cashes in Money In The Bank. He sneaks his way to Mania and drops it to Reigns, prompting HHH to spend the post-show party drunkenly telling everyone what a huge success developmental has been.

So which should it be? Or do you have a plan C?

Any story that finishes with Cena beating Lesnar for the title sounds horribly boring to be.  Likewise, any story that doesn't finish with Reigns (or at least somebody on the level of Reigns) beating Lesnar seems a bit counterproductive.

At the moment, the Rollins dynamic is the most intriguing part for me.  He's probably my favourite performer at the moment so I'd like to see him stay involved in the background of the title picture.  I think he'll be feuding with Cena for the next few months though which, while the matches will be brilliant, doesn't excite me too much.  I just don't think he'll come out of that feud looking as good as he will going in.

• Paid Members

Ideally, Cena has a competitive match with Lesnar only to just lose out (similar to how the Lesnar/Punk match went). Cena lives up to his promise of "beating Lesnar's ass" and shows he's still the Don, via a great showing at NOC. 

Lesnar > Reigns, or Lesnar > A-List Dave Ba(u)tista, at 'Mania. I feel it's a bit of a waste of the Streak if Lesnar is losing this early.

• Paid Members

Lesnar>Cena>Rollins>Batista>Reigns

This would be perfect for turning either Rollins or Batista first, but I don't think either of those are likely to happen, or even should happen.

• Paid Members

I think I read Lesnar is supposed to be working every PPV until Wrestlemania. I can't imagine who he'll be facing in the interim if Reigns is winning at Wrestlemania, as much as that is the logical conclusion. I do worry that the Lesnar /Cena NOC match is having a schmozz finish to set up a HIAC finish to that feud.

This would be perfect for turning either Rollins or Batista first, but I don't think either of those are likely to happen, or even should happen.

Rollins is a heel, his cash-in on a brokenbyLesnar Cena would be a heel move. Batista's face/heel status is probably one that should stay up in the air (by which I mean having two plans in place) until he gets back and sees how people react. He can do the thing as a heel where he's a big star and came back on the deal of a title shot, gets put in a three way with Rollins and Cena, etc etc. 

• Paid Members

It's a reasonable dilemma. Because Reigns beating Lesnar is absolutely the best thing for him. It gives him the most credible start as champion.

However, in the meantime, is there anyone credible for Lesnar to face? They've done such a shit job "rebuilding" Cena since his mauling that him beating Lesnar would be barely plausible. They've shown us that Orton is inferior to Cena, Bryan and Reigns.

Who does it leave? Kane? Henry? Big Show? Rusev? All talented. But none presented on Lesnar's level. As they are currently messing about with Show and Henry as a tag team, I guess they've no plans to even try elevating either of them. They are probably the best bet though to occupy Lesnar for three PPV's. Lesnar vs. Show, Lesnar vs. Henry, Lesnar vs. Show vs. Henry maybe?

• Paid Members

Anybody think WWE will struggle to keep Lesnar a heel during a long title run? He was getting cheers the last time he was on Raw and, quite frankly, it's impossible not to think he's the baddest dude in the world, in his current role. Imagine how rubbish it will be if Lesnar is getting cheers and Reigns is the one getting the boos.

I suppose WWE can try and tweak it a bit, but this current version of Lesnar could be a huge babyface come the Rumble.

• Paid Members

Rollins is a heel, his cash-in on a brokenbyLesnar Cena would be a heel move. Batista's face/heel status is probably one that should stay up in the air (by which I mean having two plans in place) until he gets back and sees how people react. He can do the thing as a heel where he's a big star and came back on the deal of a title shot, gets put in a three way with Rollins and Cena, etc etc.

Sorry, meant "face" not "first". In that if Rollins was a heel champ, having Batista return and beat him would likely be by kicking Rollins out of The Authority and turning him face, or by bringing Batista back as a face which didn't go well last time.

I'd like to see Lesnar beat Cena, but in a much closer contest.  Then Rollins comes in and cashes in his briefcase to sneak win the title.

This gives Lesnar a feud, as a tweener/face, with him winning the belt back after a couple of months.  He can then feud with Bootista until Reigns wins the Rumble and sets up Mania, where Reigns goes over.  Not that I think he's ready, but by then he bloody better be.

Not exactly thrilling and I would rather they just let him miss a few PPVs than fight those guys

That's an interesting point. Given Lesnar's wage for a match, it might be more cost-effective to have him miss shows than fight midcarders where the result is a foregone conclusion. Between Cena now and Reigns at WrestleMania, the only remotely credible/interesting challengers would be Wyatt, Orton (I did say remotely), Ambrose... And Bryan and Batista if they're around. And wanting to keep Lesnar as a heel really cuts that list down to Ambrose and Bryan.

Archived