The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

I don't mind Simmonz, but Quildan either shouts way too loud or the sound mixing needs majorly sorting, it's quite difficult to listen to at times and takes away from the crowd.

Glen is pretty terrible but I have nothing against most of the Progress team, they're adding Dahlia who sounds okay in the Dome shows from what I've heard

Anyway, bit late but 62 was my 2nd chapter, I thought it was decent -bit quieter than I'd hoped for the undercard- but WALTER/Thatcher was ludicrously good, I wouldn't be surprised to see that near the top of my MOTY list at the end of the year. Chapter 65, here I come!

• 3 weeks later...

Genuinely don’t know how I could possibly be any less underwhelmed with the Victoria Warehouse announcements so far. Two of my absolute least favourite wrestlers. Guess things can only get better from this point...

On the other hand, SSS16 is shaping up nicely, and the New Orleans shows are looking potentially incredible!

1 hour ago, firstnameunknown said:

Genuinely don’t know how I could possibly be any less underwhelmed with the Victoria Warehouse announcements so far. Two of my absolute least favourite wrestlers. Guess things can only get better from this point...

On the other hand, SSS16 is shaping up nicely, and the New Orleans shows are looking potentially incredible!

I agree, while I think Sexsmith is a fun wrestler and makes a great tag team with David Starr, or a good underdog match, having him in a one-on-one title match with, presumably Travis Banks, does seem a little B-card.

However, I wonder if it might end up being a triple threat match, since they have not said at any time that it is going to be a one-on-one competition. They are having another Thunderbastard in the USA, the winner of that might also pick Chapter 69 to cash in.

The women's match sounds more interesting as, with the match graphic, they are definitely suggesting that shenanigans are likely to be afoot...

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Sir Steve Redgrave said:

What happened to Sebastian? Seemed to just disappear from Progress out of nowhere and now takes jabs at them on Twitter all the time. What did I miss?

From what I remember from back in 2016 he knocked himself out within 30 seconds of a match starting, swallowed his tongue and also couldn’t move his neck for a few hours after that. 

Progress stopped booking him after that probably to save themselves from any trouble.

They pretty much changed that storyline after that because the deal was he screwed the Pastor over and cost him the Progress title. He claimed he had a secret. They had the match at Chapter 36 where the KO happened. After that, he said because the bell hadn't rung when he clotheslined him, it constituted assault. He then made him his bitch/slave/manservant. Whatever you want to put it for months afterward. That street fight was after Chuck Mambo came out and used his legal know how to point out the statue of limitations had expired, he was no longer able to sue him and that what he was doing constituted blackmail. It ended after that. The Pastor was on Jim Smallman's podcast and they did discuss how that storyline was originally headed.

His mrs is a Katy Perry impersonator and got a job on a show in Hawaii and they moved there for the year, that was why it ended so abruptly.  They are back now but I think he’s lost Interest in wrestling going by twitter 

DcDpRILXUAMeUEY.jpg

Some pretty epic matches there - although considering the talent on the card, hard to imagine any bad matches with this lot.

Only Flash v. Keith Lee is a bit of a dud since they only had that a couple of Manchester shows ago, but I suspect with some Havoc/Haskins involvement it could be rather different.

Yeah. It's pretty wide open this year. I'm expecting Flash to do well as Triple HA are on his side. GYV may be worth an eye out as they got to decide which of them takes their spot. I still haven't got a pick this time. This will set up Wembley nicely for sure

Extremely solid first round and some tasty potential quarters and semis. As an aside, does anybody know any more on the Manchester show? I understand this weekend is the priority but all I'm aware of is Travis Banks vs Jack Sexsmith and Jinny vs Toni Storm. Have I missed anything else?

Edited by lightningxlock

5 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Extremely solid first round and some tasty potential quarters and semis. As an aside, does anybody know any more on the Manchester show? I understand this weekend is the priority but all I'm aware of is Travis Banks vs Jack Sexsmith and Jinny vs Toni Storm. Have I missed anything else?

I don't think they've announced anything else for Manchester yet. Probably waiting for this weekend to be over - I imagine a few stories and matches will come from whatever happens at the tournament.

I've got a feeling Gibson is winning the SSS16 this year. Imagine him then taking his title match at the big show in Manchester and winning the title. 

I've got my money on Chris Brookes, but either one of the GYV could be a good pick to win the tournament.

I'm wondering if the title match at Manchester will end up being a triple threat. Perhaps if the Walter v. Banks match ends in a dusty finish - with two refs both declaring a winner, then Sexsmith will agree to face both.