The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

On 5/22/2018 at 2:40 PM, ravman77 said:

Card as it currently stands:

Banks (C) vs ZSJ 

Dunne vs Dragunov

Ospreay vs Havoc

Mandrews vs Dennis

Tag-team Thunderbastard

Strong card so far I think, any of those could easily headline a chapter.

I’d be surprised if WALTER isn’t added to the main event, a woman’s title match, Atlas title match and maybe Flash/Haskins?

Also agree about Warehouse becoming the new venue for Manchester. Solves the crazy ticket situation and was a much better venue all round.

Ospreay confirming on a Youtube video that he cannot be on the show due to NJPW commitments (presumably not a work?). A pity, it was a match they seemed to be building up to well, but they could easily use it to headline a chapter show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Dagr81 said:

Hi everyone,

quick question does does anyone know what time the Wembley show on sep 30 will start and finish? Just trying to buy travel tickets. Or alternatively anyone else travelling up on the day from Swindon?

Doors open 2pm; show will be finished by 8:30pm.

They've confirmed if England do beat Croatia tomorrow, the show in Birmingham on Sunday will open/start an hour early to accommodate showing the World Cup Final as the interval. Should hopefully be done by 9:30pm at the latest provided it doesn't go to extra time/penalties. Particularly as that's been the case for the last 3 finals.

I think that's the best solution they could come up with. It's a potential once in a lifetime event and it would be a shame to miss it. Something mere weeks ago we all thought wouldn't happen. Of course, whatever the result, it's been great to see an England team actually do well in a World Cup for a change. But luckily for me, I've got the first and last trains from/to home. So if I have to leave early, then so be it. Its mainly Toni Storm as I've not seen her yet and Kings Of The North to see what the deal with them is. Suggestions on starting points welcome, so as long as I get to see them as well as the No DQ match, I'm fine personally.

17 hours ago, The Dart said:

There’s an Eve show in London the day before.  There’s also an Edge q&a the day before.

Given how much wrestling there is in London these days it wouldn’t surprise me if there was something else on that day or night.

I was looking into the EVE show as I had done some digging around. I’ve heard good things about them. Is it worth the trip? 

7 hours ago, gadge said:

Fight Club Pro Project Mayhem is in Wolverhampton on the Friday and TBC on the Saturday.  

Do we think LDN could be the TBC?

• Paid Members

4 hours ago, WestCoastPop619 said:

I was looking into the EVE show as I had done some digging around. I’ve heard good things about them. Is it worth the trip? 

Honestly, difficult to predict right now. 

Edited by gadge

15 hours ago, WestCoastPop619 said:

I don't see it personally, just because they are running three shows in London the month before.

Copy/Pasted the events from the Hashtag Wrestling calender for the Friday and Saturday before for the benefit of anyone who fancies making a weekend of the Graps. Can imagine Attack is one of their Catheys Bingo Hall shows as they run Cardiff Walkabout for their bigger shows and do a PPV screening in conjunction. I'm guessing there's a few who will do EVE or the Edge show Plenty dotted around the place. Is there a Progress Dome Show planned before it do we reckon?

28/9/2018 FCP “Project Mayhem Seven: Night 1” (Venue TBA)
28/9/2018 MEW “Northern Bash 2018” (Innisfree Sports & Social Club, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne)
28/9/2018 UWL “Live!” (The Abbey Hulton Suburban Club, Stoke-On-Trent)
29/9/2018 4GW X Southside “Two Can Play This Game” (Castleford Civic Centre, Castleford)
29/9/2018 AOW “Golden Chance 2018” (The Carleton, Morecombe)
29/9/2018 ATTACK! “Live!” (Venue TBA, Cardiff)
29/9/2018 BWP “Town Hall Brawl 10” (Denbigh Town Hall, Denbigh)
29/9/2018 DOA “Adrenaline Cup 2018” (GER Sports & Social Club, March)
29/9/2018 EVE “The Legacy Series: Strong Women Style 2018: Road To She-1” (Walthamstow Assembly Hall, Walthamstow, London)
29/9/2018 EVO “Live!” (Saltford Hall, Saltford)
29/9/2018 Exposure “Live!” (Village Hall, Morganstown)
29/9/2018 FCP “Project Mayhem Seven: Night 2” (Venue TBA)
29/9/2018 NGW “Ultimate Showdown” (Hull City Hall, Hull)
29/9/2018 PBW “Live In Larbert” (Dobbie Hall, Larbert)
29/9/2018 SWA “Passing The Torch” (Dawley Town Hall, Telford)
29/9/2018 Wrestling Experience “Rumble In The Regal” (Regal Community Theatre, Bathgate)
29/9/2018 Inside The Ropes presents Living On The Edge: An Afternoon With Adam Copeland (The Grand, London)