The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Now the build up is all geared towards Wembley (which I’m traveling from Newcastle) do we know how many tickets this may of done yet? I’m so excited for this, coming down the Saturday so hoping for someone/something else to be running to get the full weekend experience. Been a long time since I’ve looked for to something non WWE related. Also what other matches apart from what’s been annnouced do people think may be on the cards? 

Rumours of 4,000 sold were being discussed in Manchester, from Meltzer IIRC.

By the way - Manchester Victoria Warehouse, amazing venue and Progress would be stupid to return to the pokey O2. I know they like to have their 60 second sellouts and the bigger venue might not be completely full, but makes it so much easier to promote the show to new fans.

17 hours ago, WestCoastPop619 said:

Now the build up is all geared towards Wembley (which I’m traveling from Newcastle) do we know how many tickets this may of done yet? I’m so excited for this, coming down the Saturday so hoping for someone/something else to be running to get the full weekend experience. Been a long time since I’ve looked for to something non WWE related. Also what other matches apart from what’s been annnouced do people think may be on the cards? 

Card as it currently stands:

Banks (C) vs ZSJ 

Dunne vs Dragunov

Ospreay vs Havoc

Mandrews vs Dennis

Tag-team Thunderbastard

Strong card so far I think, any of those could easily headline a chapter.

I’d be surprised if WALTER isn’t added to the main event, a woman’s title match, Atlas title match and maybe Flash/Haskins?

Also agree about Warehouse becoming the new venue for Manchester. Solves the crazy ticket situation and was a much better venue all round.

Flash and Haskins are tagging in the Thunderbastard Tag Match. I really like what they're doing with the Tag Team Series. Round Robin Tournament to determine entry positions and the Tag Titles will be defended throughout. So if GYV lose, the team that beats them have to defend them up until Wembley.

I think there's a possibility of a big name to boost sales. Wouldn't be a bad thing if not. 4,000 is pretty good going if true. Still 4 months to go. That's around what ICW Fear & Loathing got at the Hydro last year which was down from the announced 6,193 in 2016. I wonder what the final figure will be on the night.

15 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Do we know when the next Manchester show is? I left straight after the main event but overheard a conversation that the next Manchester show was supposed to be when this US tour is. I believe there was talk of rescheduling? 

The next one was August 12th I think, but that's when they're in Detroit. They are finalising a date from what I've gathered. The last one this year is November 11th.

I misread a tweet. There was a tweet saying there was a show a day, and a show in New York. And then Jim said they were separate annoucenents , and I initially picked it up as the Manchester one they cancelled and New York 

• 4 weeks later...

They also got a few dates in Germany in conjunction with WXW, so I imagine they'll have a few on that. I think it's ingenious because it gets extra people on the big show without looking forced as there are a few promotions who tend to have quite a few throwaway multiman matches, be they scrambles or tags. But the deal they have with the league table to determine entry gives them all something to wrestle for. Plus GYV having to defend the Championship as well as any subsequent Champs should they lose it makes things more interesting.

With regards to the Manchester show that clashed with the US tour, that has been moved back to December.

Saturday December 8th- Chapter 80: Gods & Monsters, Manchester O2 Ritz

Sunday December 9th- Chapter 81: Pour Some PROGRESS On Me, Sheffield O2 Academy

Tickets for both shows go on general sale Midday July 2nd, O2 Priority Sale at Midday tomorrow (June 29th)