The PROGRESS Wrestling Thread

It does seem strange. The Manchester shows obviously have moved in the right direction attendance wise. Saw Smallman say on Twitter it was a myriad of things. Perhaps it's a venue issue. He did imply they're at their limit of shows in a reply - i.e. that you can have "too much of a good thing".

https://twitter.com/jimsmallman/status/760185838651183104

Obviously I'm not really privy to any of the decision making, but I'm inclined to think this is likely the main reason for the decision. 18 Chapter shows a year plus extras with ENDVR and PTNTL is a lot of shows for a company that is still only run by one full time and two part time people. 

• Paid Members

From a position of absolute ignorance, might it be the Ritz's willingness to book other, smaller-drawing promotions, thus risking diluting the main "product"?

Such as?

Wouldn't describe then as smaller but they had ICW there recently. Not the best having 2 promotions running out of the same venue 

Also, Progress is obviously going to draw more on a Sunday afternoon when people can travel that day and avoid having to get accommodation and all that. Plus there's no entertainment competition then (outside the football season, at least) compared to a Friday night.

So I'm off to the PTNTL and ENDVR cards tonight and tomorrow night. I work about ten minutes from the Bedford and it's a decent little venue so really looking forward to it.

How are the PTNTL shows normally? I've seen the ENDVR on demand but didn't know what to expect from the former?

Edited by Boon Town Rat

So I'm off to the PTNTL and ENDVR cards tonight and tomorrow night. I work about ten minutes from the Bedford and it's a decent little venue so really looking forward to it.

How are the PTNTL shows normally? I've seen the ENDVR on demand but didn't know what to expect from the former?

PTNTL is an unfilmed trainee show. It's a mix of new folk coming out of the training school and more experienced graduates who might be trying new things. Never seen one but I'm told they are a lot of fun.