• Paid Members

Goodness me, here's the newly-revealed list of dates:

Β 

Β 

11th August – PTNTL 1 – The Bedford, Balham

Β 

27th August – PTNTL 2 – The Bedford, Balham

Β 

6th September – Chapter 21: You Know We Don’t Like To Use The Sit Down Gun – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

13th September – ENDVR 12 – The Garage, Islington

Β 

18th October – Chapter 22- The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

1st November – ENDVR 13 –  The Garage, Islington

Β 

29th November – Chapter 23 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

6th December – Chapter 24: Hit the North! – The Ritz, Manchester

Β 

Β 

3rd January – ENDVR 14 – The Garage, Islington

Β 

24th January – Chapter 25 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

14th February – Chapter 26 – The Ritz, Manchester

Β 

13th March – ENDVR 15 – The Garage, Islington

Β 

27th March – Chapter 27 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

10th April – Chapter 28 – The Ritz, Manchester

Β 

24th April – Chapter 29 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

15th May – ENDVR 16 – The Garage, Islington

Β 

29th and 30th May – Chapter 30: Super Strong Style 16 2016 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

19th June – Chapter 31 – The Ritz, Manchester

Β 

26th June – Chapter 32 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

17th July – ENDVR 17 – The Garage, Islington

Β 

31st July – Chapter 33 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

14th August – Chapter 34 – The Ritz, Manchester

Β 

28th August – Chapter 35 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

11th September – ENDVR 18 – The Garage, Islington

Β 

25th September – Chapter 36 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

16th October – Chapter 37 – The Ritz, Manchester

Β 

30th October – Chapter 38 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

13th November – ENDVR 19 – The Garage, Islington

Β 

27th November – Chapter 39 – The Electric Ballroom, Camden

Β 

11th December – Chapter 40 – The Ritz, Manchester

• Paid Members

Surely with Koko five minutes down the road though it'd make sense to move there? They'd probably sell the place out quite comfortably and it would surely have the same atmosphere as the Electric Ballroom.

It appears that for a wrestling show the capacity would actually be smaller than the Ballroom. I believe it's because the venue is designed for people watching a show on the stage. With the ring on the floor, a lot of the balcony seats wouldn't have a clear view.

Β 

Surely with Koko five minutes down the road though it'd make sense to move there? They'd probably sell the place out quite comfortably and it would surely have the same atmosphere as the Electric Ballroom.

It appears that for a wrestling show the capacity would actually be smaller than the Ballroom. I believe it's because the venue is designed for people watching a show on the stage. With the ring on the floor, a lot of the balcony seats wouldn't have a clear view.

Also, ICW runs Koko. Went to the last ICW show there. Amazing looking venue with loads of balconies - standing only on the floor.

• Paid Members

The logical next step would be The Roundhouse, which would seat around 1400, but they're quite happy at the Electric Ballroom, it seems. It's an intruiging problem to have, because there will be dissatisfaction amongst previously regular customers when they can't get tickets (running more shows won't do anything to alleviate the issue) but it's obviously something they're well aware of and happy to encounter in the short term.

The logical next step would be The Roundhouse, which would seat around 1400, but they're quite happy at the Electric Ballroom, it seems. It's an intruiging problem to have, because there will be dissatisfaction amongst previously regular customers when they can't get tickets (running more shows won't do anything to alleviate the issue) but it's obviously something they're well aware of and happy to encounter in the short term.

No idea how much the Ballroom is to hire but the Roundhouse will set you back Β£24,500 + VAT for 24hrs.

Β 

Link: http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/venue-hire/

• Paid Members

Β 

No idea how much the Ballroom is to hire but the Roundhouse will set you back Β£24,500 + VAT for 24hrs.

Β 

Link: http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/venue-hire/

Β 

Jesus tap dancing Christ.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

So, Chapter Whatever-We’re-Up-To-Now is coming up this Sunday.Β  The show completely sold out in an incredibly impressive 18 minutes, and I only managed to bag Silver tickets this time (which is 4th row if you get there early enough, 5th row if not).

Β 

You always get a good show from PROGRESS but, purely in terms of announced line-up, this is probably the least β€˜excited’ I’ve been ahead of a PROGRESS show.Β  I do, however, think much of that is definitely down to the fact that, after building, peaking and climaxing perfectly with heroic Ospreay’s inspiring victory and evil Jimmy’s satisfying defeat, it definitely feels to me like the β€œstory has been told”.Β  This weekend, then, is like a pressing of the β€˜reset’ button, where the new stories for the coming year start to be set in motion.Β  In other words, this is the Raw the night after WrestleMania.Β  So rather than that pre-show excitement and anticipation you normally get from PROGRESS where you’re looking forward to something that has been built-up for ages, I’m expecting the excitement to develop during the show as new directions and developments take shape.

Β 

Let’s take a look at what we have:

Β 

PROGRESS Championship

Will Ospreay Β© vs. Mark Haskins

Haskins won the ThunderBastard match last time and announced that he would be taking his resultant title match here, so this is new champion Ospreay’s first defence.Β  Two excellent wrestlers, up there with the very, very best, and from an action standpoint this should be a tremendous contest.Β  I think the issue is, though, that PROGRESS’ trademark has become those awesome, epic, dramatic, emotional main event title matches with all the backstory and implications.Β  That’s the one thing they do better than every other UK promotion out there.Β  Against that standard, the simple case of champion versus rightful number one contender with no grudge or history just doesn’t feel as interesting as your usual PROGRESS main event championship bout.

Β 

The London Riots (James Davis & Rob Lynch) vs. The Origin (Nathan Cruz & El Ligero)

While there’s no issue at play here, so far Origin tag matches have mainly been insane brawls.Β  The Riots are, of course, more than willing to play that game, so I’m fully expecting this to be the wild, run-for-your-lives, seat-destroying, audience-scattering portion of the show.Β  Keep your belongings safe, and hold on to your chair!Β  As fun as they have been (especially Ligero as a baddie), The Origin have very much been β€˜just another heel tag team’ so far, so I’m hoping things will now start to progress (no pun intended) towards signs of a greater purpose or meaning.Β  Should be fun.

Β 

Kris Travis vs. Marty Scurll

He’s been back about a month, but this is Trav’s first PROGRESS appearance since his comeback and he will get a great response.Β  I know he missed some bookings over the weekend through injury or illness, but hopefully he’s good to go for this one.Β  Marty is just clicking perfectly in PROGRESS at the moment and I reckon he’s going to be one of the top players over the next year.Β  Again nothing to fight for, but I think this will be a really entertaining effort, mixing smooth action with just the right amount of daftness, offering something different to the rest of the card.

Β 

β€˜The Extraordinary’ Jack Gallagher vs. Pastor William Eaver

Eaver is the ProJo guy that has shown the most promise on the main Chapter shows so far.Β  This should be solid enough, and a great way of further establishing Gallagher to the PRGRSS audience by putting him in with a firm favourite.

Β 

Zack Gibson vs. Eddie Dennis

I rate both of these guys... they’re going to have a match... should be decent.Β  Erm, not sure what else to say, really.

Β 

Also: Sumerian Death Squad (Tommy End & Michael Dante) defend their PROGRESS Tag Team Championship in an Open Challenge.Β  Rampage & T-Bone or the Hooligans would be super, but who knows.

Β 

I also suspect there’s room on the card for something else unannounced too.

Β 

So there we are.Β  Should be decent. Until then, I’m off to start queuing...

Β 

Β 

Results as they transpire.

Β 

El Ligero & Nathan Cruz of The Origin defeated The London Riots. Zack Gibson gave Cruz a fork which he used to attack the eye of James Davis & Rob Lynch.

Β 

The Extraordinary Jack Gallagher beat Pastor William Eaver by submission with a Boston crab.

Β 

Zack Gibson pinned Eddie Dennis after a low blow and small package. Cruz provided a distraction.

Β 

Jimmy Havoc came to ringside demanding a match for the number one contender spot for Will Ospreay's Progress championship. Havoc said he'd face anyone Jim Smallman wanted. Jim made a match between Havoc and Paul Robinson of Regression. Robinson then beat Havoc in an insanely violent match following a curb stomp through light tubes.

Β 

Kris Travis pinned Marty Scurll by reversing a suplex into a small package. Both men embraced after but Scurll nailed Trav in the gut and locked in the chicken wing. Eventually he was prized off by security but ran back in to apply it again. He was eventually driven off by Eddie Dennis, the GZRS and R.J. Singh who came from the commentary desk.

Β 

The Sumerian Death Squad's open challenge for the Progress Tag Title shield was answered by Roderick Strong and Adam Cole! The SDS retained after a pair of stunning double team moves on Cole. A Michael Dante wheelbarrow into a Tommy End flip cutter from the second rope sealed it.

Β 

In the main event Will Ospreay retained the Progress Championship against Mark Haskins after an inverted 450 splash followed by a 630 splash. An epic main event and a great first defence for the champ.

Edited by Chris Brooker