2014/2015 Scottish Football Thread

Jambo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can all UKFFers in Glasgow (particularly bAzTNM) please take care tonight... Especially when crossing under bridges or in dim lit areas.  We saw at the end of the game the kind of violence that Sevco represent, which has no place in the top leagues of Scotland anymore - and if you were in any doubt about that, it was proved by Motherwell today.

• Paid Members

I expected Motherwell to remain in the SPL but I expected Rangers to put up a bit of a fight, their performance over both legs and their second leg against Hibs was beyond shocking and just cements the fact that they're nowhere near ready to be in the top flight again. If it's true what some of these players are being paid then it's an total disgrace that they're phoning it in week after week, that Mosnhi in particular is absolute jobby. Best part of the story is that with Hibs still in the Championship there's a very good chance that they'll run away with the league and Sevco will be in the same position next year, there's no way they can afford that.

Mohsni is a cockend but why was Erwin shoving him in the first place?

Also, stevon, I don't know if you're hoping to incite some sort of argument or take the piss, but I don't think you really needed to post every fifteen minutes.

Mohsni is a cockend but why was Erwin shoving him in the first place?

Went to shake Mohsni's hand after the game, as you do, and Mohsni told him to fuck off and turned his back on him, prompting Erwin to go all Ken Shamrock on his ass.

I loved the way the entire young team on the 'Well bench waded in right away, sticking up for their team mate.

Also, stevon, I don't know if you're hoping to incite some sort of argument or take the piss

It was absolutely the latter.

That mob out there in blue today were the footballing equivalent to a tribute show.

GIRUY :)

r1MEJd3.jpg

giphy.gif

celtic-champions3huv3.gif

24micfr.jpg

It's not all bad, they did win entry in to the Petrofac Cup - someone in Aberdeen's got a sense of humour - https://twitter.com/Petrofac_Cup/status/605051443037503488/photo/1!!!

Rangers need an outstanding off-field performance over the next 2 months.  The investment from Dave King has to be forthcoming immediately and they need to make a minimum of 8 good to very good signings and to be honest I doubt the infrastructure is in place to allow them to do it.  Last we heard they didn't even have a scouting department.

The events yesterday were shocking all round.  The guy with the flag I think might have only been trying to hit the ball but he's still a numpty.  Players on both sides will be hammered for the carry on at the end.  Erwin is being stupid and there's no need for the push on Moshni. Moshni then behaves like he's on Sauchiehall Street at 3am on a Sunday morning and the second Motherwell player isn't much better considering he punches a guy in the back of the head and then starts to back away.  My prediction is a 3 game ban for the Motherwell players and Moshni cited for exceptional misconduct thus allowing them to apply the ban to his registration at this next club.

Back with Rangers and I think they're in serious danger of ending up like Leeds with each false dawn putting them in a worse position.  They actually remind em of Celtic in the 90's, except I cared about what happened then.

Back with Rangers and I think they're in serious danger of ending up like Leeds with each false dawn putting them in a worse position.  They actually remind em of Celtic in the 90's, except I cared about what happened then.

Didn't Fergus appear (from heaven) around the 4/5IAR time?

I actually think all the players going out of contract is an advantage for them, given their current suitation.  But they're going to have to build a squad capable of winning the Championship and then one suitable for challenging Celtic.   That's at least another 2 teams they're going to need to buy in over the next 5 years... Luckily, Lying King is likely to invest tens of millions over the coming seasons :laugh:

Meanwhile, the Mike Ashley situation should provide us with some comedy until the Petrofac Cup starts.

• Moderators

This thread really brings out the worst in people. 

Stevon, stop posting every 3 seconds, if you've something to add and you're the last to post edit it into a previous post. Don't double, triple, or quadruple post. Thanks.

Stevon, stop posting every 3 seconds, if you've something to add and you're the last to post edit it into a previous post. Don't double, triple, or quadruple post. Thanks.

Just a bit of end of season gloating big shot... This threads been dead half the season.

Trying to inspire a bit of conversation, this used to be a quality thread on this forum when people were engaged with it.  You'll notice I only posted one on the back of myself during the end of the game...

Is it cold up there on your high horse neeb?

• Paid Members

Rangers need an outstanding off-field performance over the next 2 months.  The investment from Dave King has to be forthcoming immediately and they need to make a minimum of 8 good to very good signings and to be honest I doubt the infrastructure is in place to allow them to do it.  Last we heard they didn't even have a scouting department.

The events yesterday were shocking all round.  The guy with the flag I think might have only been trying to hit the ball but he's still a numpty.  Players on both sides will be hammered for the carry on at the end.  Erwin is being stupid and there's no need for the push on Moshni. Moshni then behaves like he's on Sauchiehall Street at 3am on a Sunday morning and the second Motherwell player isn't much better considering he punches a guy in the back of the head and then starts to back away.  My prediction is a 3 game ban for the Motherwell players and Moshni cited for exceptional misconduct thus allowing them to apply the ban to his registration at this next club.

I agree. I'm not sure why the guy with the flag was trying to hit the ball but it seems clear that was what he was trying to do. He wasn't even looking in McCulloch's direction until he hit him. Erwin shouldn't have pushed Mohsni but Mohsni reacted like an absolute lunatic. He definitely deserves a lengthy ban, above anything the SPFL can impose. Should probably be a ban for the other Motherwell players who had a dig when they surrounded him though.

Rangers need to forget about challenging Celtic and concentrate on becoming a sustainable business, which is what they should've done long before they went to the Third. How can they expect to compete at a reasonable level when they've been extremely lucky to avoid going bust again? If they've got any cash, they should be investing it on good youth players that they'll be able to train up and sell at a profit, not spunking it against the wall chasing promotion. It's not like there's a lot of cash in the Premiership anyway.

• Moderators

Just a bit of end of season gloating big shot... This threads been dead half the season.

Trying to inspire a bit of conversation, this used to be a quality thread on this forum when people were engaged with it.  You'll notice I only posted one on the back of myself during the end of the game...

What the fuck is a neeb? Speak the queens, thank you very much. Anyway, I counted five posts consecutively, I wouldn't have even checked if people hadn't reported and complained about you, so it's not me being a "big shot" as I could nary give a fuck about Scottish football.

Archived