2014/2015 Scottish Football Thread

Jambo

So, teams are shaping up, fixtures have been out for a while, and pre-season games are undeway (and indeed some European games). LET'S GO!

SPFL Premiership Week 1 Fixtures

Aberdeen -v- Dundee United

Dundee -v- Kilmarnock

Hamilton Accies -v- ICT

Motherwell -v- St. Mirren

Ross County -v- St. Johnstone.

Decent set of fixtures there. New Firm derby opening week should be a good open game to watch. Naturally I'm excited for us having a winnable match at home to start our first (of many) seasons back against Killie.

Our squad is shaping up well, with a top 6 midfield. We've an offer out to 2 trialists to shore up our lack of a #9 and a CH to go with McPake, but filled with quality elsewhere.

Predictions

Winners - Celtic

Runners up - Aberdeen

Relegated - Hamilton with Inverness in the playoffs.

Scottish Cup - Celtic

League Cup - Aberdeen.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first full season as an active football goer as a neutral. Looking forward to it. Got Tynecastle coming for the Challenge Cup. Taking my nephew to Murrayfield for the Celtic game. Got games in Arbroath, Forfar, Dunfermline and Dundee for certain coming, and want to take the kid to a Edinburgh derby at Easter Road.

Gonna be a good season for me.

EDIT: Need to stress I'm not a neutral in the strictest sense. I'm still a Morton supporter. Just won't be back there until the wanker of a chairman determined to run us into the ground is gone.

Dundee beat Man City therefore they should win the league.

Champions of England, we know what we are...

We drew 0-0 (well our second string did) with Brechin last night. Kevin Thomson was our only regular starter by the looks of it, and he strolled it.

Off down to Blackpool for the weekend tomorrow, catching our friendly against Morecambe on Saturday - thank the lord we've got a fun away day weekend this year, as opposed to Brechin being our best away game before the season.

Aye, the battle in League One between Morton and Dunfermline should be good right enough.
And Stranraer?Season started a couple of weeks ago with my first couple of pre-seasons, so I'm already loving it. I'm working tomorrow night and Saturday at games down south, so, off on a wee adventure. Don't fancy Stranraer to push for the play-offs this term after losing three really good players but who knows? Should be a really competitive league. Will also more than likely be at a few Lowland League games and maybe even a few early Scottish Cup ties as well. Bring on the new season.

Is Celtic's game tomorrow night not on TV anywhere? I sort of wanted to see a football game at Murrayfield and since the SFA have been shite and kept all of Scotland's games in Glasgow whilst Hampden is shut, this would probably be the only opportunity for several years.

• Paid Members

Don't think it will be on "normal" TV like it was the last time. All Scottish TV units are probably getting ready for the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games the next night. I've checked Premier Sports on Sky. Don't have it on either. How odd.

• Paid Members

Aberdeen are on Premier Sports on Thursday though. Seems to be a bit of a good deal we got the other week. They were advertising the Riga away game being shown. You got 2 months for £9.99 and no connection fee if you used the Promo code "Aberdeen". Hopefully we get through this week. It's gonna be tough but not impossible. Then on to Real Sociedad!

We beat a half strength Hearts 3-0 last night. Continued our nice passing stuff, new signing Luka Tankulic with a 20 yard effort and a 25 yard free kick.

Put out two different sides each half, and played 4-4-2 not 4-2-3-1, and it looked good. Interesting times ahead.

Archived