2014/2015 Scottish Football Thread

Jambo

• Paid Members

So the biggest circus in Scotland continued today with Ally McCoist tendering his resignation and then being told he will need to work his 12 months notice period.

A strange situation now with McCoist refusing to walk away (pardon the pun) until he receives 12 months salary up front.

A shambles.

It's a joke but it's hardly surprising. As shit a Manager as he's proven to be, Rangers really need to keep McCoist around. The last thing they want is for him to be free to talk publicly about what is really going on behind the scenes at Ibrox. The way things are going Rangers won't exist in a year anyway, and if they do, the current crop of cunts will have long taken their money and ran, the same way Green and co did, leaving us with another load of people "who have the Club's best interests at heart".

It's an absolute embarrassment.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Pretty much all the fans that I've spoken to want rid of McCoist though. He's a complete fraud as a manager.

A lot of Rangers fans I know have conveniently started following English teams of late. They'll be back for the League Cup semi final I'm sure.

• Paid Members

Pretty much all the fans that I've spoken to want rid of McCoist though. He's a complete fraud as a manager.

A lot of Rangers fans I know have conveniently started following English teams of late. They'll be back for the League Cup semi final I'm sure.

Oh aye. He's fucking terrible. It seems like he spent so many years under Walter Smith and the only thing he learned was to "spend loads of money". I'm just saying that he probably knows a lot of stuff that the current board don't want made public, which gives him a lot of leverage. I can't think of any other managers who have "offered to resign" with the condition that their contract is paid in full? Surely that goes against the whole concept of resigning?

I can't speak for anybody else but I'm done with Rangers. I understand the argument that it's the same club but, for me, it hasn't felt the same since the liquidation, and everything that came out during that whole, awful, process. I'll likely watch the Old Firm game, for curiousity's sake, but I can't say I'm even slightly bothered about the result.

I can't speak for anybody else but I'm done with Rangers. I understand the argument that it's the same club but, for me, it hasn't felt the same since the liquidation, and everything that came out during that whole, awful, process. I'll likely watch the Old Firm game, for curiousity's sake, but I can't say I'm even slightly bothered about the result.

This to the Nth degree. Once they started in the Third Division I was a little bit like 'fresh start, let's give it the old college try etc, young Scottish players and such' but that soon stopped and when they started signing all the Old Boys back this year i just laughed. It's a joke of a club and quite how they expected to somehow still be afloat despite spending X whatever on wages that they must be spending is an utter mystery to me. As with yourself, I'll likely keep an eye on results and maybe even will watch the OF semi final, but really, my relationship with the club died when it was liquidated in my book, even if all the courts in the land will confirm it's the same entity.

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

Do you think it's enough to see you through David? I know most people will be thinking a 2 goal lead means you should have it in the bag but it would be very like Motherwell this season to blow up and be 2-0 down within 15 minutes on Sunday. A lot of heroes on the park last night and if they play like that on Sunday then there shouldn't be a problem, Long, Pearson and Erwin were particularly impressive. Good luck anyway, I hope you hand them another thumping.

Do you think it's enough to see you through David? I know most people will be thinking a 2 goal lead means you should have it in the bag but it would be very like Motherwell this season to blow up and be 2-0 down within 15 minutes on Sunday. A lot of heroes on the park last night and if they play like that on Sunday then there shouldn't be a problem, Long, Pearson and Erwin were particularly impressive. Good luck anyway, I hope you hand them another thumping.

Aye, it'll be enough. The media are acting as though this Rangers side is the same as Rangers sides of the past, which simply isn't true.

They're an upper Championship level team if you look past the infamous blue jersey's and the stadium. Our players took maybe 15-20 minutes to realise that, but once we did we started playing football and it was obvious that Rangers simply don't have the class to beat us.

Could they still win? aye, mainly because we could fuck it up. But i'm no more worried about this Rangers team than I would be trying to defend a 2 goal lead at home against Queen Of The South, St Mirren or Falkirk. That's the level this Rangers team are at.

McCall keeps the promise he made at the start of the season by keeping Motherwell in the top flight of Scottish football with a convincing  5-1 victory against his side Rangers, who stay in the second tier of Scottish football for a second season.  That's despite spending ~£22m (Gretna did it with £6m) - mind you they weren't paying Cammy Bell £400k a year :laugh:

Archived