2014/2015 Scottish Football Thread

Jambo

• Paid Members

I think your right to be worried about Rangers. There not going to find it as easy to find these loans players in the SPL next year I wouldn't imagine anyway. And obviously the standards will be higher. They won't get relegated but I get the feeling it might be a come down from what some of the Rangers fan I've spoken too expect. What is the general expectation within the fan base?

That they'll win the SPFL going by social media. :laugh:

I doubt it, it'll be straight to La Liga, they're already verging on being the next Barcelona if you listen to the smsm.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it depends on which type of fan you talk to. The sensible ones understand that this approach, I.e. getting in good quality loan players is the one they should have used from the start; developing their own younger players alongside. The problems will come at the end of this season as they're effectively going to be back to square one in a lot of positions and will require a second consecutive squad rebuild, only this time requiring actually monetary investment from King.

The dafties are still out in force though. Overheard one woman recently telling a Celtic fan that Rangers would comfortably beat Celtic this season. Also heard more than one person on a phone in say that they'll win every competition they're in.

I had to Google what "SMSM" was, and it turned up a Celtic wiki.

For the record, I'm not suggesting Rangers are fantastic, but they have scored fifteen goals in their last three games, and Mark Warburton is a good manager.

I don't care how many goals they have scored, they're playing in the Championship. They're essentially what Gretna were. Way above every team in the lower leagues with a much higher budget that won't be banging in as many when they come up - they should have been scoring this amount of goals on a regular basis before now with their budget compared to the teams they're playing.

You've got fans genuinely believing players like Tavernier and Oduwa are world class. A guy in work said to me yesterday that The Rangers are like "watching Barcelona when Pep first took over". He also offered me a £100 bet that they would beat Celtic if they drew them this season, if I hadn't quit gambling I'd have snatched that up. The hype a CHAMPIONSHIP side is getting just because they're The Rangers is ridiculous.

I was devastated we didn't get them in the League Cup draw. Thankfully there is still a chance if they get through and we beat Hibs.

I'm 100% positive that Aberdeen would take them to the cleaners.

I'm not even convinced we will beat you this weekend, never mind The Rangers.

• 2 months later...

Archived