Moderators PowerButchi Posted June 20, 2014 Moderators Posted June 20, 2014 Oz is now available on Amazon Prime/Love film to stream. Seeing as it's the best thing ever, shall we all revisit it? One or two episodes a week? With reviews and discussion like the first watch?
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted June 20, 2014 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2014 I'm up for this. I haven't watched Oz in a while and it will be a nice change to Orange is the new Black.
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted June 20, 2014 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2014 I bought the whole box set yonks ago and have still not got round to rewatching it at all. Haven't seen Oz since it's original broadcast run of the 90's, but it remains one of the most powerful shows I've ever seen. So this could be fun, although I doubt I'd be able to commit to getting through more than a couple of episodes a week.
Magnum Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 I have them all on Japanese import DVD, so yes, I'm up for this.
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted June 20, 2014 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2014 I'm definitely up for this, Oz was my favourite show when I was a teenager in the 90s and I've been meaning to revisit it for years. Plus there's currently a Game of Thrones shaped hole in my viewing schedule.
Paid Members Dead Mike Posted June 20, 2014 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2014 Count me in. Now GoT has finished I plan to start watching this next week.
DeanoTheGame Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 Never watched it, always wanted to. I'm up for it if you want to hear a virgin's perspective.
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted June 20, 2014 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2014 got the complete boxset here, so id be up for doing this. I watched 3 seasons and then stopped cause i got backlogged with other stuff. I still dont really know where i stand on the show really, i think it's horribly dated and the pace at which the show moves from storyline-to-storyline always jarred me...not to mention that there's probably not a likable character in the entire thing. But still, i'm game for this
Moderators PowerButchi Posted June 20, 2014 Author Moderators Posted June 20, 2014 Great, let's all try to watch ep1 by Wednesday? Really looking forward to the thoughts of the Oz virgins. Keen to see if it's as visceral and shocking to them as it was to me back in 97. Let's keep this thread spoiler free klads and watch it like it's the first time.
Zebra Kid Mark Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 I bought the whole box set yonks ago and have still not got round to rewatching it at all. Haven't seen Oz since it's original broadcast run of the 90's, but it remains one of the most powerful shows I've ever seen. So this could be fun, although I doubt I'd be able to commit to getting through more than a couple of episodes a week. This! I got the box set for Christmas 3 years ago and I never got round to even getting past season 1. Would be keen for this.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 20, 2014 Moderators Posted June 20, 2014 I'll try give this a go! I'll have evenings to kill whilst I'm working Glasgow do should hopefully be able to keep up.
Joey Joe Joe Jr Posted June 20, 2014 Posted June 20, 2014 I'm up for this. Haven't rewatched it yet since I first blew through it over a summer about 6 years ago. I feel like every WWE writer should be given this 2 weeks before beginning their job. Schillinger/Beecher is the best pro wrestling feud that didn't take place in a pro wrestling setting, ever.
Popcorn Posted June 21, 2014 Posted June 21, 2014 Amazing series, but much like many others, a very weak final season and finale. But I will definitely be on board for this!
Scorpion_Deathlock Posted June 21, 2014 Posted June 21, 2014 I'll get in on this too, one of my favourite shows ever.
Stinky Dad Posted June 21, 2014 Posted June 21, 2014 I'm interested. Never seen Oz but been recommended it by friends and on here countless times. Would be nice to watch it at the sort of pace you're talking about and logging in here for discussion providing no spoilers show up.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.