Oz

PowerButchi

Been and bought myself a mic for the podcast and sorted out some recording software.

Sorry for constantly banging on about it, it is still in its embrionic stages at the moment, but I'm just really excited about doing it. I've been wanting to do a podcast for fucking ages but never been sure what to do it on, and this has finally given me the shove I needed. Hopefully I can get it launched relatively soon so that if you guys are doing a rewatch, it can run concurrently with that for anyone that might interested

1 hour ago, Really Big Shoe said:

That's cool Wyatt. You could try and get him on the podcast and the other actors/actresses. Would be intrigued to know if there was going to be a seventh season and the fate of the characters. 

That is the hope of what the podcast could become eventually. It's still very much a barebones, DIY operation at the moment, but if I can get into a routine and put out regular content and if he was willing to do it I'd love to have him some sort of interview. Same with some of the actors, I'd love to pick Adewale-Akkinouye-Agbaje's brain about the Adebisi character, but I know he would be very difficult to get. I'll just have to wait & see how it goes, I could still end up with about 6 listeners and it just end being a hobbie more than anything else. Unlike 5* Wrestling, I've got to learn to crawl before learning to walk

That sounds good. I think if you post a link in the popular Oz vids on YouTube etc and social media you'd get people check out the podcast. Adewale would be a great interview as would mostly all the cast members. Tom Fontana would be real interesting too. I think Oz hasn't be overly analysed so discussing it would be fresh. Things like this

where Adewele is reading for the narrators part is interesting point you could bring up. The whole formulation of the show etc would be interesting to know about. Did anyone ever pick up the official Oz book? That has some good tidbits from the show according to the reviews I've read. 

I've got the book coming in the post to use as an episode guide, only cost me £6 which is the cheapest I've seen it in a long time.

As for it being analysed, I tried everything I could think of to find an Oz related podcast, and could only find various Wizard of Oz related ones, so to my knowledge this is going to be a world first. I'm going to be launching official social media for it, so hopefully I'll manage to connect with some of the cast, or at least a representative for them, through those as well as any production crew.

Those auditions are in the special features of the DVD and are really interesting.

Im so excited to do this, but I can imagine that I'm going to get really nervous when it comes time to record. 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
On 22/03/2018 at 7:47 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

I've got the book coming in the post to use as an episode guide, only cost me £6 which is the cheapest I've seen it in a long time.

I'll pick that up. I got the official Wire companion book in The Works a few years ago for a few quid, great book.