Paid Members gmoney Posted March 16, 2018 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2018 Definitely up for this. Haven't watched it in a few years and I could do with a reminder of what prison is exactly like.
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted March 16, 2018 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2018 I'd be up for this. Girlfriend has never seen Oz and is pining for something for us to watch together. What's more romantic than watching Adebesi feed a man glass until he dies?
WyattSheepMask Posted March 16, 2018 Posted March 16, 2018 Been and bought myself a mic for the podcast and sorted out some recording software. Sorry for constantly banging on about it, it is still in its embrionic stages at the moment, but I'm just really excited about doing it. I've been wanting to do a podcast for fucking ages but never been sure what to do it on, and this has finally given me the shove I needed. Hopefully I can get it launched relatively soon so that if you guys are doing a rewatch, it can run concurrently with that for anyone that might interested
NoUseforaUsername Posted March 17, 2018 Posted March 17, 2018 I gave it a chance, I bought the DVD, but I just didn't think it's very good. The acting is poor compared to other HBO shows like The Sopranos, The Wire and Boardwalk Empire.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 18, 2018 Paid Members Posted March 18, 2018 Don't Fuck With Querns-cast.
WyattSheepMask Posted March 21, 2018 Posted March 21, 2018 All progressing nicely, and I've just got a follow on social media from Tom Fontana himself
Really Big Shoe Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 That's cool Wyatt. You could try and get him on the podcast and the other actors/actresses. Would be intrigued to know if there was going to be a seventh season and the fate of the characters.
WyattSheepMask Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 1 hour ago, Really Big Shoe said: That's cool Wyatt. You could try and get him on the podcast and the other actors/actresses. Would be intrigued to know if there was going to be a seventh season and the fate of the characters. That is the hope of what the podcast could become eventually. It's still very much a barebones, DIY operation at the moment, but if I can get into a routine and put out regular content and if he was willing to do it I'd love to have him some sort of interview. Same with some of the actors, I'd love to pick Adewale-Akkinouye-Agbaje's brain about the Adebisi character, but I know he would be very difficult to get. I'll just have to wait & see how it goes, I could still end up with about 6 listeners and it just end being a hobbie more than anything else. Unlike 5* Wrestling, I've got to learn to crawl before learning to walk
Really Big Shoe Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 That sounds good. I think if you post a link in the popular Oz vids on YouTube etc and social media you'd get people check out the podcast. Adewale would be a great interview as would mostly all the cast members. Tom Fontana would be real interesting too. I think Oz hasn't be overly analysed so discussing it would be fresh. Things like this where Adewele is reading for the narrators part is interesting point you could bring up. The whole formulation of the show etc would be interesting to know about. Did anyone ever pick up the official Oz book? That has some good tidbits from the show according to the reviews I've read.
WyattSheepMask Posted March 22, 2018 Posted March 22, 2018 I've got the book coming in the post to use as an episode guide, only cost me £6 which is the cheapest I've seen it in a long time. As for it being analysed, I tried everything I could think of to find an Oz related podcast, and could only find various Wizard of Oz related ones, so to my knowledge this is going to be a world first. I'm going to be launching official social media for it, so hopefully I'll manage to connect with some of the cast, or at least a representative for them, through those as well as any production crew. Those auditions are in the special features of the DVD and are really interesting. Im so excited to do this, but I can imagine that I'm going to get really nervous when it comes time to record.
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted March 22, 2018 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2018 It's really kind of crazy to me that no well known Oz podcast has been done. Well done on finding a subject to podcast about that hasn't already been beaten to death!
WyattSheepMask Posted March 26, 2018 Posted March 26, 2018 If anybody would like to follow updates on the lead up to the launch of Inside Oz - A Review Podcast, I've have set up Twitter and Instagram accounts both of which have the handle @insideozpodcast
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 26, 2018 Paid Members Posted March 26, 2018 On 22/03/2018 at 7:47 PM, WyattSheepMask said: I've got the book coming in the post to use as an episode guide, only cost me £6 which is the cheapest I've seen it in a long time. I'll pick that up. I got the official Wire companion book in The Works a few years ago for a few quid, great book.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.