WWE2K15

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

2K Games announced the next WWE game via Twitter.

It'll be coming 31st October to PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Place your bets on whether CM Punk is included. No artwork yet but surely the same engine again?

Let's face it, they're not changing anything radical, though rumours abound of a WCW mode. What's your wish list for this instalment? I'd like a serious career mode, that Universe fantasy booking thing left me cold.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read earlier that it was, someones lying to me. Anyway, if Visual Concepts do get the greenlight i'll be more excited than I've ever been with a WWE game, I just hope it's more NBA than MLB as their baseball games are meant to be shit.

I hope its true about the new career mode were you start off in NXT then work your way up to WrestleMania but i don't want to do it with a CAW and it would be good if you had more freedom in that mode to make decisions and have the story play out on what ever decision you make. It would be great though if they had a vintage career mode also similar to starting off in NXT but this time you start off in a small territory in the 80's and have to work your way up to the main event of WrestleMania 1 or 3, you get to make decisions like wether you leave the territory, if you turn face/heel and during the career mode you work your way through the territory and then when you get toba certain point a phone will ring and you get an invite from Vince to jump to WWE and then the mode continues there say a 6months before your final match at WrestleMania. Orrr id love WWE to release a game totally based on this mode were you pick which territory to work through and on the career mode of that game you see a map of America split in to the different territories, not all of them just AWA, Florida, GCW, Crockett Promotions and obviously WWWF and each territory has its own set of wrestlers but during you can jump to the different territories be heel or face and except or turn down offers to move territories depending on how much money the promoter offers you. Sorry to go off the WWE 2k15 subject lol

To be fair to him he probably is asking a lot less than people who ask for the entire games engine to be rebuilt.

I personally don't mind the current engine too bad. A new one would be nice but I'd be happy enough with a load of new moves added, and the old animations re done. Some of the moves have looked exactly the same for years, so it doesn't feel fresh at all. Also think it's time for more wrestlers to be allowed in the ring at once. Still on six right?

Place your bets on whether CM Punk is included. No artwork yet but surely the same engine again?

If they want him on there, and I'd be surprised if they didn't, then he isn't going to turn down the money when he doesn't have to do anything. Punk isn't Foley.

The last WWE game I've owned was 2010. It was shit. I've toyed with getting 14, because the main mode sounds like a laugh, but I figure the game plays the same and I'd be bores within a few days.

• Awards Moderator

I bought 14 when it was on offer, first one since 2010 I think (like Vamp I also found it shit) and I've really enjoyed it for what limited stuff I play on it. Basically I stick it on exhibition, and play a couple of matches - elimination tag, MITB, Elimination Chamber or something like that. It's good fun for half an hour. I've not touched any of the other modes, I just wanted something pick up and play, so it's unlikely I'd shell out again for this one unless there's something really good to entice me. It would be good if you could have more people in the ring, for instance, like 10 for a Survivor Series match, and they need to sort out the Royal Rumble because if you get eliminated chances are you won't get a chance to be another guy and you just have to watch the rest of it happen, but those things alone won't part my cash from me.

Make All Stars 2, however, and I will pay anything they ask. Anything.

I haven't played a WWE game in years and it doesn't sound like they've changed much at all. The thing I didn't like the most was how little control you have over matches, you pressed a button to do a move and you had to sit back while it cut to the same old animation each time. Imagine running into your opponents half on FIFA and each time you did, the computer took it from there and played out the same animation where you took a shot on goal.

Make All Stars 2, however

Hell yes to this. All Stars was possibly the most fun wrestling game in years. The SD vs Raw/WWE whatever year series has definitely gotten stale over the years. Usually I buy the game, do the Road To WrestleMania/Attitude/30YTWM mode, have a blast at Universe Mode, get frustrated at how shit it is with the same shitty cutscenes from the last few years, then get bored by the game two weeks later.

• Paid Members

What ever happened to that Tekken-like game WWE was having developed? Is that what eventually became All-Stars (with the non-realistic characters), or was it a separate title entirely that never saw the light of day?

Do you mean WWE Brawl? I'm pretty sure that was cancelled for good when THQ when bankrupt.

Scrap that, seems to have been cancelled before that when THQ closed it's Australian devs, the game was meant to have it's own TV series also.

Archived