Sting has signed with the WWE

bono

-Jim Ross on Sting: "Great video done by 2K Sports to promote @Sting as a player on their upcoming, WWE video game. Sting will be available if one pre orders the game as I understand it. Does this mean that Sting will be wrestling in WWE? It's not a lock whatsoever and I'd suggest it is a long shot but things can always change. I'd love to see Sting have a WrestleMania moment in his career but I'll admit that I'm biased. Sting will be a guest on my podcast on July 29 of which we've already taped and it's a great conversation."

Powell's POV: It's interesting that Ross labeled Sting wrestling for WWE as a "long shot." Perhaps Sting will offer something that will back that up in the podcast interview. Ross had Kurt Angle on last week's show and the second part will be out later today. The first part was newsworthy and it will be interesting to see whether part two as well as the Sting interview also prove to be newsworthy.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
-Jim Ross on Sting: "Great video done by 2K Sports to promote @Sting as a player on their upcoming, WWE video game. Sting will be available if one pre orders the game as I understand it. Does this mean that Sting will be wrestling in WWE? It's not a lock whatsoever and I'd suggest it is a long shot but things can always change. I'd love to see Sting have a WrestleMania moment in his career but I'll admit that I'm biased. Sting will be a guest on my podcast on July 29 of which we've already taped and it's a great conversation."

Powell's POV: It's interesting that Ross labeled Sting wrestling for WWE as a "long shot." Perhaps Sting will offer something that will back that up in the podcast interview. Ross had Kurt Angle on last week's show and the second part will be out later today. The first part was newsworthy and it will be interesting to see whether part two as well as the Sting interview also prove to be newsworthy.

I imagine it

Fucking hell, just do it already. Enough with the tease, announce him for a PPV and let us all ease our raging boners.

Cracking interview with sting from the mirror newspaper

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/wwe-sti...ld-love-3866768

He is still pushing for his undertaker match. Seems as it could be taker or nobody. Sting isnt just going to wrestle anyone.

"I've made it clear I'd love to have one last hurrah, one last big match hopefully. And of course I've been outspoken about Undertaker being the opponent," he replies, when asked if he is open to negotiate lacing up his boots for the company.

"I know what happened at Wrestlemania where Brock Lesnar broke his streak. I think, or at least I'm hoping, that Taker's still going to come back and that he's not done. If he's not done, and he would consider doing it, I'd love to work with him one time.

"I'd love to wrestle him one time before I call it quits."

Asked whether his character may appear live on WWE television shows as part of 2K15's promotional campaign, Sting gave fans every hope he would be seeing action in the ring.

"All for it, just put it that way. I'm all for it," he says.

"Undertaker maintained a status in wrestling and the WWE that is second to none. He's a phenomenon," Sting adds, before answering unequivocally as to where he might like his dream match to take place: "How about San Francisco, 2015, in April?"

Would Taker put Sting over, do we think? There's a bunch of matches they could have with Sting over the next few years, whereas it would almost certainly be Taker's last match.

Sting v The Rock

Sting v HHH

Sting v Cena

Sting v Reigns (as his last match)

are the ones I'd see them doing.

• Paid Members

I was thinking last night. If they built him up to a higher level, a feud with Bray Wyatt can be belting.

Sting is one of the best talkers about, but they could easily have Wyatt run wild for a few months. Only for Sting to turn up in the rafters with the promise of sorting him out.

The fear is they'll get some kid with Barry White voice to sing a song, but I think the rafter walking Crow character and Wyatt are a good mix.

I doubt they'll ever put a wrestler up in the rafters again.

I think your right even in the trailer for the game sting comes down in a lift. But it does show you his shadow walking about at the top of the building,so i supose theres a slight chance they could show him in the rafters but never again will someone come down from there.

• Paid Members

After seeing the Brock match, would Sting vs Taker really be worth doing? Sting would show Undertaker up on the mic, and Undertaker's body is a mess now. He couldn't get much done at all with Brock.

I'd much rather see Sting vs Cena, or Sting vs Wyatt. You know Cena would let Sting go over too.

• Paid Members
Sting v The Rock

Sting v HHH

Sting v Cena

Sting v Reigns (as his last match)

If Sting has his "one last match" I'd only want it to be against Ric Flair, even though it would be terrible.

I basically just want to pretend the last Nitro was goodbye to both of them. Even though that would cancel out me getting to see Sting wrestle live since.

I imagine if they did a "one last match" they'd build someone up as a lifelong Stinger, a young guy who has looked up to and respected Sting since they were a yute. Not sure Reigns would fit that mould as much as say Ambrose.

I dont get why Sting is being so precious about who he wrestles if/when he comes back.

At the start of the year he was battling Magnus and Spud, and it was never suggested that he was retiring when he left TNA...

Theres no shame in that, and he did a good job of putting them over without damaging himself.

Coming in and having a little run with Rusev, Alberto Del Rio or Cesaro would do him no harm at all.

Archived