Sting has signed with the WWE

bono

WWE NEWS: Report - Sting has signed with WWE

Wrestling star Sting (Steve Borden) has signed a contract with WWE, reports the Wrestling Observer.

The deal is reportedly not just a Legends Contract, but for a TV role. It remains to be seen what capacity Sting is used.

Sting, who has never worked for WWE in his career, had multiple conversations with WWE CEO Vince McMahon in recent years, but returned to TNA on his annual deal.

Sting was written off TNA television in January when he lost a "career" versus title match against Magnus.

Earlier this week, TNA officially removed Sting from their roster page.

[Torch art credit Grant Gould

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ace, ace, ace. I'm thinking a Face GM to oppose Hunter? He's really good in authority roles, and it would lead naturally to the occasional match.

Brilliant news. My all time favourite wrestler (ok, he's been a bit slow as of late) will finally be in a WWE ring. Shame he didn't debut on Monday, one of the reasons I do the annual Mania trip is the chance of seeing Sting making his WWE debut. If he had come out in front of that crowd it would have been a superb introduction of Sting to newer WWE fans whom are not familiar with WCW or TNA.

Be interesting to see what they do with him. I just hope they don't fuck up his legacy. Hopefully he has been hitting the weights, I can't see Vince allowing him to wrestle in a T shirt. I haven't been so excited by Wrestling in a long time, apart from the tragic Warrior news it's been a heck of a week. I've even started to get over the Streak being broken.

WWE has a big admiration for Sting, so I'm hopeful they'll handle him well. Would have been lovely to see him on the post WM RAW, reaction would have been great. I always thought they would do a year long build for a 'Taker/Sting match but not so sure anymore.

Whatever, be one helluva sight to see him in the WWE.

You know he'll get in shape as well. He's such a big guy anyway, he doesn't need to load on muscle and juice it, just get definition and the paint will do the rest.

• Paid Members

WWE will unquestionably dress him better than he did in TNA, too.

I've no earthly idea why TNA allowed him/he allowed himself to go out to the ring in baggy tees with his own face on it, when the Sting character already has a well established history of wrestling in bodysuits that cover the whole torso.

• Paid Members

I feel it's a bit of a waste to just have Sting show up in the rafters every other week, seeing how great he as on the mic. The GM idea that was rumoured at the start of the year is what I want to see too.

Can't wait to see him in front of proper crowds again.

• Paid Members

Not sure how I feel about this. I grew up watching him in WCW, he was my favourite wrestler, and was the guy who never worked for WWE yet was one of the biggest names in pro wrestling. Him showing up in WWE for what will presumably be the last chapter in his pro wrestling career as a GM-type character just doesn

I think stings more then capable of pulling off a couple of really good matches. He still had a few good matches at the end of his tna run i thought. With the right opponent it could be great

Its not like sticking hogan or flair in the ring, sting can still go.

I'm made up, Sting's the one WCW guy I've always wanted to see in WWE so even if it's just for a year or two with limited matches I'm all for it. Wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal means a documentary Bluray being released later in the year or early next year at best

He has an independent booking in June

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2014/4/10/560...ng-means-no-WWE

So summerslam the earliest id say?

The news even made the mtv site :-)

http://www.mtv.co.uk/wwe/news/wcw-legend-s...gns-up-with-wwe

Many talents have had bookings arranged prior to their WWE signing which they're allowed to honour while still being under WWE contract and even being on WWE TV.

Archived