Sting has signed with the WWE

bono

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Sting just tweeted:

'07.14.14' As in next Monday's date. Could it finally be happening? Or will this just be something to do with the network/the new game.

I hope when/if it finally does come they don't advertise it. Would be magic to have a shock like Sting turning up one week out of nowhere.

So Sting just tweeted:

'07.14.14' As in next Monday's date. Could it finally be happening? Or will this just be something to do with the network/the new game.

I hope when/if it finally does come they don't advertise it. Would be magic to have a shock like Sting turning up one week out of nowhere.

Hasnt it just been annouced though?

Probaly just something about the game. Weres raw next week?

It saddens me in today's day and age, people are so quick to shoot down any hype and pass it off as a non event. Even more so that it'll probably be true. What happened to excitement in wrestling ?

Could they throw sting in the y2j v the wyatts feud. 6 man at summerslam with y2j,sting,someone else v the wyatts. Just a thought.

Sting could come out promoting his appreance in 2k14. The wyatts come out to beat him down starting the whole tag feud for summerslam

I hope its not just an advert for the game

I'd bet $50 on it being the game. I've pretty much given up on him showing up for anything other than maybe the HOF. Plus, if he actually did show up, my initial reaction would be "about fucking time!"

It'd be good to see Sting in a marquee match one time though. The Network has allowed me to become more familiar with him, he's not a bad egg.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Sting has been known as The Icon for years because, simply put, he is one of the greatest of all time. The WWE has never had the opportunity to bring him in however, despite several attempts. Sting has potentially been the only major wrestling name to never wrestle for Vince McMahon or his father. That is saying something. Fans have wanted to see Sting come in and WWE seems to have been able to do just that.

Sting posted a very ominous tweet on Twitter last week saying simply, 7-14-14. We knew that Sting was in discussions with WWE for a contract and we also know that he is confirmed for the WWE 2K15 video game. Sting has already done all of the work needed for the game, and WWE usually tends to announce who is in the game and some of the material within it around this time of year. Due to the fact that WWE is not doing their SummerSlam Access event, it would make sense for them to announce the video game material at any point this or next month due to Pre-Orders, so RAW would be a good place for that.

It was assumed Sting would appear on RAW tonight dating back to last week when he sent out the tweet, but that could not be confirmed as WWE always likes to change plans. With this being their go home show for Battleground this Sunday, WWE would like to bring up ratings. So, it seems like they would want to debut Sting tonight to do that. The Wrestling Observer tells us that we will not be disappointed. Sting WILL appear on RAW tonight according to the newsletter. However, it may not be in the way we think.

A vignette for his debut or for the video game featuring him will be on the show. The Observer also claims that Sting may appear via satellite to do a promo of sorts. That is huge for fans. The Observer claims that it cannot be confirmed that Sting signed a WWE Contract. However, if all of this trouble has been done for him it can only be assumed that he is, in fact, under a contract with the company.

WWE needs to have Sting potentially. The Fall is coming up, and the WWE tends to go down in ratings due to football. As a result, it would benefit them to bring in Sting to add ratings. It would also be a perfect time to use him, as WWE is in need of stars with Daniel Bryan going down and CM Punk being out since the beginning of the year. Sting could always help to build stars as a RAW GM, which is an open slot that WWE could use him for. There is no face Authority member or GM currently, so it would make sense to bring someone in for that. Sting could fit that role well, and it would allow him to not hurt himself in the ring each week.

While his role with the company has not been confirmed, we can confirm some sort of an appearance tonight on RAW. That alone is great to see. The WWE has been attempting to do this for nearly 15 years now, and finally they have managed to accomplish that goal. WWE fans will most likely go nuts when they see him, and that will be great for a legend like Sting.

Take that how you will. Promoting his involvement in the video game would be a stupid way to debut.

• Paid Members
Take that how you will. Promoting his involvement in the video game would be a stupid way to debut.

I don't know:

He comes out to promote the video game, dropping from the rafters in a giant fibreglass model of Takers chin. As he is cutting a little promo Lesners music hits.

The building pop's big time as lasner runs to the ring. They stare down. Lesner goes for a hand shake, while Sting does the asks the fans "shall I" a bit like some one working at Butlins. Sting goes for it and POW, F5.

Then it builds over time some how, the detail of which can be sorted later, to a showdown at Mania with the aforementioned pubes of Sable on the line.

Archived