Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

Has anyone mentioned or noticed the very appropriate coincidence of Hyper Japan taking place in London this very same weekend by the way..?

Certainly something people going to the Dragon Gate shows might be interested in... and vice versa? Potential cross promotional/marketing opportunity Mark?!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone mentioned or noticed the very appropriate coincidence of Hyper Japan taking place in London this very same weekend by the way..?

Certainly something people going to the Dragon Gate shows might be interested in... and vice versa? Potential cross promotional/marketing opportunity Mark?!

Thanks for pointing this out! I've always had a big interest in Japanese culture (beyond pro wrestling lol), so this looks great. Think me and the Mrs will be hitting this on the Sunday before the journey back up North!

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

On the first night, I'd actually like to see Martin Kirby's tag team partner Kris Travis take on The Lion Kid and make his DGUK debut.

If Samoa Joe who is appearing for Progress on the sunday is available i'd like to see him take on Noam Dar in the other match. If Joe's not available and Genki Horiguchi is i'd like to see him take on Noam Dar. Noam Dar vs. Kirby would be a decent match too imo.

On the Second night, i'd love to see Project Ego (Kirby and Travis) take on Joe (or Horiguchi) / Swann and Haskins / Dar in the 3 way tag and in the second match Scurll take on Lion Kid in a loser leaves DGUK match (I am assuming Haskins and Scurll will lose to Swann / Ricochet on the first night.)

We approached, in no particular order - AJ Styles, Bad Influence, Sabin, Low Ki last year and schedules didn't go our way.

That's a shame but the the show must go on.

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

I'd love to see Matt Sydal aka Evan Bourne take part in the show if his post WWE schedule permitted. Looking on the UK scene, I'd love to see both members of Project Ego on the show. But also Prince Devitt, The Coffey Brothers, Zack Sabre Jr, Will Osperay or Mark Andrews would be great additions for the UK if a space or two opened up. I think having a British Dragon Gate title would be awesome even if its only defended once a year.

How about a one night single elimination tournament? Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

If it was a single elimination tournament was done for a British Dragon Gate title that would be advantageous. As far as 3 debuts go i'm sitting on the fence on that one.

Should we take a break in 2015? Should the bonus matches be canned?

No and No.

Would you pay

Announcement Schedule

-------------------------------------

June

18 : Friday Bonus Match

Update day! Looking forward to see who gets into the bonus matches, and what they will be! :thumbsup:

DGpressreleaselogo.jpg

18/6/14

In this Update

N2 Bonus Match Announced

Japanese Convention Details (Daytime Activities)

We're on Facebook

Saturday Bonus Match Announced

-------

N2_Bonus.jpg

Martin Kirby v Wild Boar

The ever impressive Martin Kirby, on a two match win streak (after losing his debut match) comes up against an extremely formidable foe in the debuting Wild Boar. Kirby is without doubt one of the most exciting and versatile junior heavyweight style competitors grafting around Europe right now. Having dispatched the Heavyweight House of Pain, Stixx at the start of the last tour, he finished the tour by taking the victory against crusierweight sensation Dean Allmark in Castleford. So he has emerged victorious against two very diverse styles, as an allrounder their aren't many better.

Enter "Wild Boar" a Junior Heavyweight if ever there was one in the UK, doesn't have the size of the monstrous Stixx, but seems every bit as aggressive, maybe not as fast as Allmark, but is swift and explosive. This may turn out to be a tougher test than his previous encounters for Kirby, as he knew the game plan going in, on July 26th however, He has to deal with both styles, plus an almost unrivaled aggression. He finds himself against a very Angry young man who is absolutely focused on plotting the downfall of his target, his prey and unfortunately for Martin Kirby, he is in his sights this July.

Looking for something to do during the day or on the Sunday after Dragon Gate UK? Look no further

-------

hyperjapan_pressreleaselogo.jpg

If you are looking for activities during the day or even the Sunday after the 2014 Dragon Gate UK tour, look no further than Hyper Japan! (hyperjapan.co.uk) The UK's Biggest Japanese Culture Show & Europe's Biggest Japanese Food Festival, Celebrating everything Japanese!

Friday 25th - 27th Earls Court One, London.

Tickets start from Just

Partial card for Kobe World which takes place the Sunday before this weekend:

7/20/2014 Hyogo, Kobe World Kinen Hall ~Kobe Pro Wrestling Festival 2014~

-Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Dragon Kid

-Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi vs. T-Hawk, Eita

-Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: YAMATO vs. BxB Hulk

So either way the Dream Gate Champion will be in England the next week!

Archived