Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Paid Members
That isn't acceptable at all,

i'll speak with Andy and see what the situation is but as I said I can only speak from what I know. I saw somebody on here I think saying "I think he was charging because it was a photo with the title belt" which I personally find incredible that it could be justified in any way.

Not that it helps, but in all of the incidents you have mentioned I don't believe any of the money went to Andy and I don't think he was aware or involved in that. It definately wasn't organised by him either - Who told you to email Andy after the event?

Sorry you seem to have had a bad experience a few times regarding it. Personally I hope it gets resolved for future ones.

We spoke at length after the event regarding things like the spitting and incidents in the crowd he is focused on making sure things like that don't occur again.

Pretty sure Hat Guy was satisfied that he won despite Terry Frazier jumping off the apron into the crowd to get in his face (we were second row and everything, not even front row!)

Anyway, getting this back on topic - ecstatic for Will Ospreay being on these cards. He's a perfect fit and I'm sure he will make the most of the opportunity.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy said Nakamura would defiantly be included at the Rev Pro meet and greet ticket price and he wasn't so I'm just triple checking.

As I am sure you are aware, I can't speak on his behalf or officially but I am under the impression Andy did not know this was occuring, the same with Adam Cole charging for photos.

That's what Andy said after the previous York Hall show when Lethal, Dutt, Young Buck and Colt were all charging and he said it wouldn't happen again and said Nakamura specifically wouldn't be charging. Obviously this wasn't the case, it was raised as an issue on the day to Rev Pro staff and we were told to email Andy but he has been ignoring emails about the matter.

i'll speak with Andy and see what the situation is but as I said I can only speak from what I know. I saw somebody on here I think saying "I think he was charging because it was a photo with the title belt" which I personally find incredible that it could be justified in any way.

Not that it helps, but in all of the incidents you have mentioned I don't believe any of the money went to Andy and I don't think he was aware or involved in that. It definately wasn't organised by him either - Who told you to email Andy after the event?

Sorry you seem to have had a bad experience a few times regarding it. Personally I hope it gets resolved for future ones.

We spoke at length after the event regarding things like the spitting and incidents in the crowd he is focused on making sure things like that don't occur again.

im glad you have cleared it up as ricochet and swann charged at the march rev pro but only if it was a picture with the belts. less than a month to go and cant wait.

I can understand the guys charging additional with the belt if they are doing pics without it at no charge as it seems to be common practice, Ricochet was doing that with DG belt last time at York Hall but you could do picture without for free. With Nakamura there was no option with or without the belt, it was just

Been watching some of the last tour back. Susumu Vs. Yamato totally keep its awsomeness on tape, even a tad stiffer than I remember! What a match. Also, I was amazed by how freakin' insane I forgot the fatal fourway was between Haskins, Kid, Bxb and Doi. Wow! That match is majorly overlooked.

Been watching some of the last tour back. Susumu Vs. Yamato totally keep its awsomeness on tape, even a tad stiffer than I remember! What a match. Also, I was amazed by how freakin' insane I forgot the fatal fourway was between Haskins, Kid, Bxb and Doi. Wow! That match is majorly overlooked.

Yeah the Headbutt from Yokosuka on the top rope is insane!

The Shingo / Ricochet matches is probably one of the best matches we've had. I think a top 5/10 matches in DG:UK would be hard to compile, even after only 9 events.

The top 5 shows for me were

Shingo v Yokosuka 3 (Nottingham)

Invasion 2 (St Ives)

Festival of Fire Night 2 (Broxbourne)

Invasion 1 (Oxford)

Maybe FOF Night 1 (Broxbourne)

Man, I totally forgot about that headbutt! It's great because they have such a great match but still ponder to the crowd and ate it all up. Everyone is just going bananas. So glad It's happening one more time ;)

St.Ives is still the best show I think. That had everything, it blew my mind. Even the bonus match from that show is one of my favorites.

Man, I totally forgot about that headbutt! It's great because they have such a great match but still ponder to the crowd and ate it all up. Everyone is just going bananas. So glad It's happening one more time ;)

St.Ives is still the best show I think. That had everything, it blew my mind. Even the bonus match from that show is one of my favorites.

Yeah, St Ives, was tremendous. Nottingham takes it for me, the arena, all the matches coming to a head - the Tozawa and Tanizaki match was insane. LK and Hulk was epic and the second half is one I don't know if we'll ever top. Haskins/Scull v Osaka 06, PAC v Dragon Kid and then the final Shingo v Yokosuka match up. It just takes the honor.

Although in saying that EVERY match on Invasion two was awesome outside of the Lion/Yoshino which didn't seem to get going. The opened was the best opener we've had in Scurll and Kong. The Bonus match was the best one I think we have had too in Stixx and Allmark (Which is one of my favourite DG:UK matches so far) and the last 3 matches - Sususmu's first ever Singles victory against Mochizuki, that incredible semi main event tag and Haskins/PAC against CIMA and Dragon Kid was sooo good.

Yeah, St Ives, was tremendous. Nottingham takes it for me, the arena, all the matches coming to a head - the Tozawa and Tanizaki match was insane. LK and Hulk was epic and the second half is one I don't know if we'll ever top. Haskins/Scull v Osaka 06, PAC v Dragon Kid and then the final Shingo v Yokosuka match up. It just takes the honor.

Although in saying that EVERY match on Invasion two was awesome outside of the Lion/Yoshino which didn't seem to get going. The opened was the best opener we've had in Scurll and Kong. The Bonus match was the best one I think we have had too in Stixx and Allmark (Which is one of my favourite DG:UK matches so far) and the last 3 matches - Sususmu's first ever Singles victory against Mochizuki, that incredible semi main event tag and Haskins/PAC against CIMA and Dragon Kid was sooo good.

Nottingham takes the biggest show trophy easily, the second half as you said was something else. I can remember being really impressed with Shingo Yokosuka III. The only thing that bothered me about that show was that, If I remember correctly, a number of people couldn't make it last minute. So even though the seats were sold they remained empty. It wasn't a quiet crowd by no means but usually the crowds are over the top electric and the few empty seats hurt that slightly I think.

The very first show might still hold that prize though for best crowd. Cramming what was it? 600 people? in that nightclub was pretty ace.

What time are the bonus matches set to start?

And is the DVD offer on the flyers from the last set of shows still redeemable? Might finally buy them in time to watch before the end of July...

Yes it is. They are ready to ship the same day.

Nottingham takes the biggest show trophy easily, the second half as you said was something else. I can remember being really impressed with Shingo Yokosuka III. The only thing that bothered me about that show was that, If I remember correctly, a number of people couldn't make it last minute. So even though the seats were sold they remained empty. It wasn't a quiet crowd by no means but usually the crowds are over the top electric and the few empty seats hurt that slightly I think.

The very first show might still hold that prize though for best crowd. Cramming what was it? 600 people? in that nightclub was pretty ace.

I don't know about that the Atmosphere at Nottingham was unreal, it comes across on DVD almost aswell as it did live. The empty seats were a shame, but we can you do? I seem to remember you said the seating was a little cramped in the tiered section, which was a shame as it is an awesome venue.

It was around 585 if I remember correctly. It was a shame we had to turn people away as the balcony was being rennovated but it was an incredible atmosphere too!

It was cramped but I am 6'6, I couldn't sit with my legs straight. My one friend on this trip was a tad large and his knees were pushing the seat in front. Luckily after the first two matches we spotted 3 empty seats on the first row of the tiered section, so all was well in the end.

In case you were wondering, there is no update scheduled for today. There is some news to come, but it should be within the next few days or so.

But............

Pick up tomorrow's Daily Star for an article and interview with Ricochet in Fightin' Talk by Patrick Lennon and your chance to win some DG:UK DVDS!!

Archived