Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

Ultimo Dragon?? Somebody else can answer that

With pleasure.

Y2Jabba, I don't think there is any likelihood that All Japan regular Ultimo Dragon, who has little-to-nothing to do with Dragon Gate for over ten years, would be persuaded to do a video for a Dragon Gate offshoot promotion.

You can see El ligero at just about any show, the other two are less exposed talents and much more likely to feature on an upcoming tour/event

True, but in terms of him matching up specifically against Dragon Gate natives, that doesn't come around on just about any show.

Ok I admit the Ultimo thing was a long shot but you get where I was going right?

I just think a DG:UK title would be awesome weather it's defended much or not, and having it made legit by some one of importance in the dragon gate management might have been cool. Like I said just an idea :-)

Just read this response about the title situation::

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK championship, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

Personally, I would love to see some sort of championship. With so few shows, it would (to me at least) mean much more as a championship and add a little more sizzle to those main event matches. The only issue would be defences, but I believe this wouldn’t be too hard to work around. If a DG star is holding the belt, take it back to Japan to defend when possible. It could be used as a sort of mid-card title whilst in japan, (Obviously that’s depending on DG themselves having a say on that etc). And whilst in the UK, why not have a touring champion? Defending around the UK or mainly in REV-Pro which is kind of like the officially recognised British promotion here in the UK. Makes sense to me and again adds to a potential championship appeal.

I love this idea that its our main title and that it's defended in Japan as a mid card title.

I agree with the Ligero situation, yeah he's about a lot but the main draw for me is to see him mixing it up with the Japanese talent. On another note, sydal / Bourne is now free, how awesome would that be!

Shame about Victoria hall, but still Nottingham was great, great night great venue!

With the merch I'd like to see new DG:UK stuff as well as the imported stuff.

Roll on July

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as mentioned yesterday. Two bits of merchandise for your viewing pleasure. One is onsale now and the other is for feedback subject to being confirmed.

Lion_Kid_Replica_Mask_2.jpg

Get your Rawr on!

---------------------------

Now available is an official Lion Kid replica face mask, these Adult masks are extremely well made and have an excellent likeness to the Team UK members actual mask.

Priced at

Add me to the list of people who wouldn't mind seeing Sydal on these shows should it be realistic. My ultimate dream pick is still Prince Devitt, but i have no clue how realistic that is despite him still actively being booked for UK shows in to late June.

Firstly, loving the tour shirt. Is there a back print on there ?

In terms of what do we want to see - AJ or Ki would be a personal dream come true in a DG show, so if that could be set up for future tours, that would be amazing.

Not really fussed about a title belt, but have you thought about something more along the lines of the Progress sceptre ?

Not going to advocate for a non DG year lol.

Bluray ? Hell yeah, especially if the preshow matches were a BR exclusive on the physical release (happy for them to be available for download too).

Kirby for Team UK definitely. I realise I may be in the minority here, but not a huge fan of Marty's work.

In terms of venues in the north, anywhere with easy rail access from Broxbourne (assuming they have the first show(s) of the weekend) is fine with me. If the place can have a post show train back to the West Midlands too, so much the better.

Firstly, loving the tour shirt. Is there a back print on there ?

Front Print Only

In terms of what do we want to see - AJ or Ki would be a personal dream come true in a DG show, so if that could be set up for future tours, that would be amazing.

Not really fussed about a title belt, but have you thought about something more along the lines of the Progress sceptre ?

It would be a belt inkeeping with the DG Belts

Not going to advocate for a non DG year lol.

Bluray ? Hell yeah, especially if the preshow matches were a BR exclusive on the physical release (happy for them to be available for download too).

Ondemand wouldn't offer download.

Kirby for Team UK definitely. I realise I may be in the minority here, but not a huge fan of Marty's work.

In terms of venues in the north, anywhere with easy rail access from Broxbourne (assuming they have the first show(s) of the weekend) is fine with me. If the place can have a post show train back to the West Midlands too, so much the better.

Broxbourne is our home venue, the first show of any tour will be there, good thinking about good rail links from that show to the next

Ultimo Dragon?? Somebody else can answer that

With pleasure.

Y2Jabba, I don't think there is any likelihood that All Japan regular Ultimo Dragon, who has little-to-nothing to do with Dragon Gate for over ten years, would be persuaded to do a video for a Dragon Gate offshoot promotion.

You can see El ligero at just about any show, the other two are less exposed talents and much more likely to feature on an upcoming tour/event

True, but in terms of him matching up specifically against Dragon Gate natives, that doesn't come around on just about any show.

Ok I admit the Ultimo thing was a long shot but you get where I was going right?

I just think a DG:UK title would be awesome weather it's defended much or not, and having it made legit by some one of importance in the dragon gate management might have been cool. Like I said just an idea :-)

Just read this response about the title situation::

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK championship, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

Personally, I would love to see some sort of championship. With so few shows, it would (to me at least) mean much more as a championship and add a little more sizzle to those main event matches. The only issue would be defences, but I believe this wouldn

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

It's DragonGate, It can't be bad whatever is booked.

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

100%. I'll jump on the bandwagon for the one night tournament.

Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

I'm not massively fussed here, it does keep things fresh but you cant bring everyone every year anyway.

Should we take a break in 2015? Should the bonus matches be canned?

The bonus matches should stay, i weirdly look forward to them and I really do think they add to the overall show. We've had some great bonus matches. I know it was NOAH but the six-man from the Skydome anyone?

Absolutely, Stixx v Allmark is one of my favourite matches on any show. The Noah six man was so good. There is some fun facts about that match too!

Would you pay

It's funny, without saying too much. Susumu is such a cool guy, he has charisma oozing out of him, but also very funny when out of character. After Invasion 2 in St Ives, they were all filing into the bus, and I motioned to him " 1 more match?" and pointed to Shingo, he shook his head, smiled and prayed. I then said "Cage Match" to which Shingo grunted, smiled and started nodding and Susumu, backed off with his hands out saying "no more match, no cage match, mark-san please! - I stay Japan" and we all laughed.

And related to that, after Yamato Yokosuka on the last tour, I was thanking him for his continued efforts and he apologises for the match for going so long, he says "fans to blame", "they say 1 more time, many more times" "very hard match" and does the motion of the repeated alternative arm elbows from Yamato and laughs "Unprofessional" "No more match, no more one time"

He is going to hate coming to the UK soon :)

This makes me love Susumu even more now. Him and Shingo are DG:UK to me. His match with YAMATO on this tour will mean a lot to me as its the King of Gate winner vs the current DG Champion. I promise not to shout 'One More Time' to him, ha. Well, i'll try not to...

Some good points about the title, we'll definitely be discussing some of that

Glad my idea resonates well with others :thumbsup:

To me it all hinges on Dragon gates involvement, but I cant see that being a huge issue. Plus if the title changes hands in Japan, as long as its worked out in advance so we get the champion on the tour in the UK, again that works out well for me.

If a title were to be a thing in DG:UK, would the +/- thing still be in effect? Ie would that result in a title match or would that be a separate thing? With the +/- records it may take some time before we see a relevant title challenger.

To me it all hinges on Dragon gates involvement, but I cant see that being a huge issue. Plus if the title changes hands in Japan, as long as its worked out in advance so we get the champion on the tour in the UK, again that works out well for me.

If a title were to be a thing in DG:UK, would the +/- thing still be in effect? Ie would that result in a title match or would that be a separate thing? With the +/- records it may take some time before we see a relevant title challenger.

Completely agree, I feel a title belt would benafit from dragon gates Japanese end not only giving the Kingdom Gate (there I go again) there blessing, but also introducing it to the Japanese fans at some show, and as has been said before possibly even defended there. The win loss records could be you need +5 to be eligible to become the 1st ever champ, than after that, 5 victories to challenge, regardless of losses and + & - if that makes sense?

So imagine at the moment Shingo and (nearly tozawa) are eligable to become the 1st champ, and at the moment susumu and Haskins would be eligable to challenge

Completely agree, I feel a title belt would benefit from dragon gates Japanese end not only giving the Kingdom Gate (there I go again) there blessing, but also introducing it to the Japanese fans at some show, and as has been said before possibly even defended there. The win loss records could be you need +5 to be eligible to become the 1st ever champ, than after that, 5 victories to challenge, regardless of losses and + & - if that makes sense?

Open the Kingdom Gate :thumbsup:

Yeah, I thought that as pictures/footage of the DG:UK shows have been shown to japan previously (If I remember correctly), then it wouldn't be to hard to introduce the title, and a couple of solid defenses would really put it over both in Japan and here in the UK.

Have the next +5 person to face Shingo, (as that makes sense) for the title on the next tour, and have a contenders match then each show in the UK to set up the next defence presumably on the next night of the tour etc. Then going forward, +5 wins gets you a guaranteed place on the roster and -5 still = that person getting the chop? Again that makes sense to me.

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

I am not really a massive fantasy booker guy, besides the shows so far look superb, like you need any help with suggestions! You knock it out the park every show.

We approached, in no particular order - AJ Styles, Bad Influence, Sabin, Low Ki last year and schedules didn't go our way.

That's a shame, Low Ki would have been superb, all the others would have been great as well. As others have said, it would be pretty sweet to see Matt Sydal on these shows, not that they need him but, you know.

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

Very torn on this. On one hand having the big title match of the weekend or night and some matches the prior day or two, like tags, to further add to the anticipation could be super cool, I have seen WXW in particular do this very well in the past (thinking Daisuke Sekimoto vs Walter at Carat in particular) and I only tend to watch and certainly attend that one weekend of shows per year for them. On the other side of things, waiting a year between tours will be bit...strange, if the title is defended in the UK only, maybe you could make it work, if anyone could I imagine it is DG:UK but it will certainly be a challenge. You may be better off going with an existing title defense or some sort of UK cup, its a toughie.

How about a one night single elimination tournament? Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

Yes! I am a sucker for tournaments! One night or multiple night for that matter. This would be awesome. It could also tie in with the first title match, cup etc.

Should we take a break in 2015? Should the bonus matches be canned?

A definite no to the break.... unless it is to revive pro wrestling octane :( or bring over NJPW

I would hate to think of taking away/losing some of the bonus matches of previous years but I do think it might be a time to move on from these. It has to be a really tricky job booking these as people expect and want the standard of a DG:UK show but as you have said yourself by doing that and using top tier talent...isn't this just another match on the show rather than a bonus match?

Would you pay

Archived