Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

It's a major stab in the dark, as i am unsure what his status will be the weekend of the shows. But i know Prince Devitt is still working in the UK as late as the end of June (only had a quick scan at other events). For me he would be the ultimate dream addition to the announced roster for the shows if he is still UK based and hasn't gone off to the states by that stage. How realistic would this be Mark? As for the other roster space, What's Uhaa Nation's availability that weekend? I know he's in the UK in June again, and he's obviously a Dragon Gate guy. He is over huge here from the shows i've attened, so he would be worth a look. Others i'd be happy to see as additions if those aren't poosible would be Jonathan Gresham and El Ligero. Mark Andrews wouldn't be a bad shout either.

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

If the belt was actively defended throughout the year back in Japan and over in DG:USA, then i'd say yes. But if it was purely defended only on the annual tour, then no. I LOVE the idea of a single elimination one night tournament. Noted

Should we take a break in 2015? Should the bonus matches be canned?

I'd like to attend a DG:UK 2015 event, so i'd be all for a 2015 event. The bonus matches are a nice addition to the shows and are a good way of showcasing potential future Team UK members to the audience. Noted

Would you pay

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

introduce some new Team UK guys maybe Travis and Ligero and showcase them

Already covered a few times, we would have approached Travis if we were in Sheffield this year

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

would be nice to have a belt but with only 1 tour a year it does not seem worth it unless a team uk guy wins it and defends it across the uk at various shows I don't think anybody from Team UK would be in the running for a title match at this point. Both Scurll, Lion and Dar are in dangerous w/l and Haskins is around equal I believe

Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

YES the millenials (as planned) and k-ness, mondai ryu or kzy next year please We'll probably see the Millennials on the next tour.

no to both these questions

Would you pay

One match I was really hoping for was Speed Muscle vs Inner City Tag match, but it now looks like it wont happen. We've seen Yoshino and Doi a lot but not as a team so with having both of the Inner City Machine Guns there as well I thought that was obviously going to be a huge dream match. Disappointed we aren't getting it as although other matches will be great, no other tag match would have been as exciting a paring as those 2 teams.

I don't think DragonGate is here often enough to warrant a title, if the title is only going to be defended one weekend a year / 18 months it probably wont be worth it.

Only if the 3 debuts are the best choices. I'd be happy to see guys the calibur of T-Hawk and Eita brought in but outside of that there's not really anyone I'd really want at the moment that we haven't seen before. I wouldn't want to see a guaranteed 3 debuts each year if they guys coming in are nowhere near as good as the tried and tested favourites they are replacing.

No, we don't get to see Japanese talent often enough as it is.

No, it's good to see UK guys get a chance to shine in front of DG stars and it's added value for money.

Would you pay

• Paid Members
Ultimo Dragon?? Somebody else can answer that

With pleasure.

Y2Jabba, I don't think there is any likelihood that All Japan regular Ultimo Dragon, who has little-to-nothing to do with Dragon Gate for over ten years, would be persuaded to do a video for a Dragon Gate offshoot promotion.

You can see El ligero at just about any show, the other two are less exposed talents and much more likely to feature on an upcoming tour/event

True, but in terms of him matching up specifically against Dragon Gate natives, that doesn't come around on just about any show.

I appreciate the point of view from promoters doing their bit for the UK scene to get some exposure for a few guys, but we the selfish wrestling fans have a huge interest in seeing our best guys matched up against other world class talent, and I doubt you'll find anyone that would (or could) argue against Ligero being one of our best. OK, he wrestled Tozawa for PCW, but there will be plenty of us keen to see him wrestle other Dragon Gate regulars, and you have a fanbase for Broxbourne for whom a lot of fans simply wouldn't have traveled that far north to see that match. I'd salivate over Ligero vs Yoshino or Hulk or Ricochet.

I guess it becomes a situation where you think, "do I put a less experienced guy in there with some of these veterans and see if they sink or swim, or do I put on the best shows possible by putting a guy in there that I know would deliver an absolute cracker?" I guess the idea with a varied roster for Team UK and two nights shows, you can mix it up a bit.

Personally speaking, and this is very subjective, I'd look at a formation for a Team UK lineup one year something along the lines of - Haskins, Lion Kid, Kirby or Ligero, A.N. Other (an Andrews, Ospreay or similar up and comer). If I'm brutally honest, it's not the one I'd choose. I've seen Mark Haskins in there with Dragon Gate guys... I've seen it to death. It's a very personal thing, but I don't need to see any more Mark Haskins matches. I like Marty, I think he's been refreshed with his transformation into cocky heel Party Marty, and if it were me, I'd keep him over Haskins any day of the week. But I accept that's unlikely.

But yeah... the guy on the UK scene that I'd most like to see on a Dragon Gate mat wrestling against Dragon Gate guys, is El Ligero.

P.S. It's worth remembering, of course, that you can ignore my opinions completely, because you only have to stamp "Dragon Gate" on a show and you know you'll have my money, so I'll be turning up for the Mark Haskins main events regardless of whether I want them or not. ;)

One match I was really hoping for was Speed Muscle vs Inner City Tag match, but it now looks like it wont happen. We've seen Yoshino and Doi a lot but not as a team so with having both of the Inner City Machine Guns there as well I thought that was obviously going to be a huge dream match.

That's a great idea for a match.

We'll definitely be coming back to the North on the next tour, where should we go?

Anywhere in Cheshire/North West would be nice for me lol. Anywhere else in the north would be fantastic either way hah.

Any venues sprint to mind?

"Locally" which is Crewe/Nantwich, we have the Lyceum in Crewe and the Civic Hall in Nantwich. The Lyceum is more a proper theater so may not have the required set up but the Civic is lovely.

Bit more further afield, not a million miles away from here is Stoke and Victoria Hall, but That has been addressed. I could also suggest Chester, although I wouldn't know the venues.

• Paid Members
Given today's WWE releases I'd love to see Matt Sydal make his return to DG on these shows.

Provided he's fit to wrestle as his foot seems to have been broken forever.

Yeah, a grade-A natural fit that several of the guys have already worked. Clear no-brainer.

It's DragonGate, It can't be bad whatever is booked.

100%. I'll jump on the bandwagon for the one night tournament.

I'm not massively fussed here, it does keep things fresh but you cant bring everyone every year anyway.

The bonus matches should stay, i weirdly look forward to them and I really do think they add to the overall show. We've had some great bonus matches. I know it was NOAH but the six-man from the Skydome anyone?

Would you pay

I strongly agree with everything Alan4L has suggested.

well since I'm being encouraged, I'll make another suggestion.

Matt Sydal & BxB Hulk vs. Masato Yoshino & Rich Swann on Night 2.

Let me tell you about this match. THIS MATCH WOULD BE FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Sydal and Hulk have history as partners. Sydal and Yoshino have history as rivals. Swann is trying to become what Matt Sydal became.

IT'S TOO PERFECT!

I don't know what Matt's deal is as far as bookings, but if there's any possibility of him making this weekend, it would put this thing over the top.

• Paid Members
We'll definately be coming back to the North on the next tour, where should we go?

Manchester or Liverpool, Manchester Ritz is good venue. The one Futureshock underground use is fine inside, but I don't think it's very good for traveling fans.

I'm sure it'd be fine - it's, like, 2 minutes off the motorway for drivers and piss-easy (10-15-min, direct) public transport link back to central Manchester for anyone else. Travelling fans have the choice of about 5 local Travelodges and at least 3 Premier Inns in terms of budget accommodation too.

Archived