Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

Jushin Liger

Not independent.

FYI guys, in case it wasn't clear - independent means NOT SIGNED TO A CONTRACT. That means not New Japan.

just with him appearing at a number of UK shows this past year I assumed he was also available for bookings outside of new japan. If this isn't the case then my bad

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
just with him appearing at a number of UK shows this past year I assumed he was also available for bookings outside of new japan. If this isn't the case then my bad

Working abroad is not the same as working for another Japanese company abroad.

Working abroad is not the same as working for another Japanese company abroad.

whatever it was just a thought, your right I suppose its not like Liger was ever even affiliated with or ever worked with dragon gate in the past, ooh wait...

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

It's a major stab in the dark, as i am unsure what his status will be the weekend of the shows. But i know Prince Devitt is still working in the UK as late as the end of June (only had a quick scan at other events). For me he would be the ultimate dream addition to the announced roster for the shows if he is still UK based and hasn't gone off to the states by that stage. How realistic would this be Mark? As for the other roster space, What's Uhaa Nation's availability that weekend? I know he's in the UK in June again, and he's obviously a Dragon Gate guy. He is over huge here from the shows i've attened, so he would be worth a look. Others i'd be happy to see as additions if those aren't poosible would be Jonathan Gresham and El Ligero. Mark Andrews wouldn't be a bad shout either.

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

If the belt was actively defended throughout the year back in Japan and over in DG:USA, then i'd say yes. But if it was purely defended only on the annual tour, then no. I LOVE the idea of a single elimination one night tournament.

Should we take a break in 2015? Should the bonus matches be canned?

I'd like to attend a DG:UK 2015 event, so i'd be all for a 2015 event. The bonus matches are a nice addition to the shows and are a good way of showcasing potential future Team UK members to the audience.

Would you pay

So then, let's hear from the people that count! What should we do with the last two matches on these shows?

introduce some new Team UK guys maybe Travis and Ligero and showcase them

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK title belt, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

would be nice to have a belt but with only 1 tour a year it does not seem worth it unless a team uk guy wins it and defends it across the uk at various shows

Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

YES the millenials (as planned) and k-ness, mondai ryu or kzy next year please

no to both these questions

Would you pay

• Paid Members

Will post some more thoughts on the points being asked later, but in the hunt for a northern venue then the Longfield Suite in Prestwich, Manchester would be absolutely perfect for a DGUK show; I thought the very thing when I first walked in. It's where FutureShock run their Underground shows and could be configured to hold anywhere between 100 and 600 people. Great transport links back into central Manchester too using the tram.

Rising above the obvious tendancy to just say 'MY TOWN!', Manchester is the perfect location.

Will post some more thoughts on the points being asked later, but in the hunt for a northern venue then the Longfield Suite in Prestwich, Manchester would be absolutely perfect for a DGUK show; I thought the very thing when I first walked in. It's where FutureShock run their Underground shows and could be configured to hold anywhere between 100 and 600 people. Great transport links back into central Manchester too using the tram.

Rising above the obvious tendancy to just say 'MY TOWN!', Manchester is the perfect location.

Also worth mentioning there is a Premier Inn in Prestwich, so good accomodation for those overnighting it. Stayed there when the JR Q&A fell the Monday we all got kicked out of Leeds Festival.. So tent to hotel to venue and then much sleep ratehr than the drive back to York lol.

With the win-loss record, i'd like to see a championship cup rather than a belt, and only people that reach the 5+ record can challenge for it. Slightly different but i feel we see too many belts in wrestling that don't mean anything.

How about a one night single elimination tournament? Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

I would love a one night tournament! My chance to see my favourite DG guys in more than one match!

As for the 3 debuts, yes please! I was lucky enough to see Eita and T-Hawk in New Jersey and would love to see them here. Don Fuji and Uhaa too.

Personally, no. If i can be selfish for a minute, i want DG:UK as much as possible, ha.

Maybe instead of bonus matches, just add said UK guys into the mix, would love to see Stixx get a chance against Susumu or Shingo.

Would you pay

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK championship, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

Personally, I would love to see some sort of championship. With so few shows, it would (to me at least) mean much more as a championship and add a little more sizzle to those main event matches. The only issue would be defences, but I believe this wouldn

11/6/14

-------

We approached, in no particular order - AJ Styles, Bad Influence, Sabin, Low Ki last year and schedules didn't go our way.

Shame none could come over bit I think LowKi and Sabin fit the dragon gate style perfectly, maybe next time

Low Ki would have been Generico's replacement last year but well.... anyway, Approached Sabin for this year but didn't get it worked out

absolutely! I think its something that could really add to main event matches and it gives the roster something to aspire too. Who seriously wouldn't love to see a video at the start on an event of Ultimo Dragon or Dragon Gate president basically acknowledging the Kingdom Gate (that's right im calling it that until someone tells me otherwise lol) title

Ultimo Dragon?? Somebody else can answer that

How about a one night single elimination tournament? Should we return to the 3 debut's each year.

Honestly I don't think it should be a rule of 3 per tour, as long as the favourites are there and a fresh face or two, were happy

It's not a rule, but we tried to keep it that way for most of the tours.

Hellllll NO! and no! Got it

Would you pay

• Paid Members

Plus if Dragon Gate were to run Prestwich, the single men among the fanbase with a couple of quid to spare could make a real weekend of it and take a trip to the brothel before the show!

[*]Being blunt

What would you like to see in the future? People keep asking about a Dragon Gate UK championship, but with yearly tours is it worth it?

Personally, I would love to see some sort of championship. With so few shows, it would (to me at least) mean much more as a championship and add a little more sizzle to those main event matches. The only issue would be defences, but I believe this wouldn

Archived