Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are really only considering coming to the Friday show? Seriously?............

14/5/14

In this update

Night 2 Main Event Announced

More News and Notes

Epic Main Event for Night 2 Announced

-------

N2_Ricochet_Tozawa.jpgR

Ricochet v Tozawa

What can you say? What needs to be said. Best Friends Collide! Best match you are going to see this weekend? This year in the UK? Who knows! What we all know is just how good this match is going to be. Both competitors have only ever lost to DG:UK juggernaut Shingo and have won every match which hasn't involved him. Will Tozawa be +5 by this point after Friday's show?. Two of the most exciting wrestlers on the planet do battle in a very rare singles match and what makes it even more of a must see match is the fact that they are part of the same faction in Japan so seeing them face off is a right sight! If any match could follow Yamato v Yokosuka 2 then this is it. Has MOTYC written all over it. What other cliche or hyperbole can be used? We probably don't need to. Tozawa and Ricochet one on one!

Event Details

-------

DG_2014_Poster.jpg

DG:UK X

Date : Friday July 25th

Doors Open : 7pm,

Show Start : 7.30

Est Finish : 10.15

Venue :

Broxbourne Civic Hall

High Street

Hoddlesdon

Herfordshire

EN11 8BE

Tickets :

....... I'm just going to say thank you very much for booking that match instead!

Got to see Ricochet/Tozawa live at DG USA last year and it almost stole the show away from Gargano/Shingo. I just know this match will better that one!

Fantastic :thumbsup:

Tozawa is always great in his matches, as is Ricochet of course, so this should be amazing! I presume there will be more merch as per the last tours?

If possible, can I make a request for some Jimmys glasses to be brought across the pond? I have a shirt and jacked, so missing those now hah.

I have to say that initially I was rather disappointed that Shingo would not be on this tour.

It's kind of like going into your favourite restaurant and ordering your usual, absolute favourite dish, only for the waiter to say "I'm terribly sorry Sir, but that dish is off the menu today".

Thankfully, after a moment or two or confused gurning and muttering to yourself, you realise that actually the whole menu is in fact stuffed to the gills with great food. Just top-notch, no weak link having greatness. Literally, anything your order is gonna be great - so stop bitching and decide what you want to eat...

"So what else on the menu is good?"

"Everything Sir. Absolutely fucking everything"

:thumbsup:

"I'll take Richochet Vs Tozawa please"

"A fine choice"

So I've kinda revised my ideas for the two cards:

PPV Main Event ReMatch

CIMA v Akira Tozawa*

Ricochet & Rich Swann v Mark Haskins & Marty Scurll

Absolutely Huge Tag Team Match

YAMATO & Naruki Doi v Jimmy Susumu & Lion Kid**

Challenge Match

Masato Yoshino v Noam Dar***

Possible Debut Singles Match

BxB Hulk v New UK/US guy****

Ricochet vs Akira Tozawa

YAMATO vs Jimmy Susumu

Massive Single Match

Naruki Doi v BxB Hulk*****

Three Way Tag Team Match

CIMA & New UK/US Guy v Masato Yoshino & Rich Swann v Mark Haskins & Lion Kid******

Decisive Singles Match

Marty Scurll v Noam Dar*******

*CIMA/Tozawa as Tozawa is yet to beat CIMA in a high profile match (Yes I know the below has Tozawa beating CIMA the once but on a none televised show and I'm presuming with liberal interference due to the short time).

05.05.2013 Dragon Gate Open The Dream Gate Title: CIMA

*******I think we're all assuming CIMA/Scurll rematch as they could both be -4 on the Saturday. Yet Noam Dar as part of his trial match series could also potentially be -4 down with a loss the previous night. Both men fighting for a spot on the Dragon Gate roster and as part of Team UK.

Noam Won His Dark Match Debut, so even a loss on Night 1 would make him 1-4 ( -3 Agg )

Finally sorted out tickets for the saturday show. This will be my first DG:UK tour that im not in the front row or going to both nights. Happy i could afford one of the shows though! Missing out on Ricochet vs Tozawa would have made me cry, their match at DG:USA last year was out of this world.

Archived