Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Well, assuming SHINGO with his +5 record is on the tour, he's got to be wanting to challenge for the Dream Gate. Right? Yes.

Fits the bill for "PPV Main Event ReMatch" doesn't it? Shingo must still be pissed off over YAMATO terminating his reign in his first defence.

"Decisive Singles Match" - CIMA/Scurll rematch, loser leaves DG:UK? Without checking their records, perhaps both will be one loss away from expulsion after X.

Id personally LOVE to see DGUK get its own singles title, ive also suggested Open The Kingdom Gate as the name a while ago, seems to be a popular choice :thumbsup:

heres a little mock-up I did on the latest wwe2k14 game

OpenTheKingdomGate_zps5a27dee2.jpg

I think itd be great if the title was also taken back to, and defended back in japan on occation and recognised as a legitimate title there.

As far as loser leaves DGUK matches, although I see the risk and edge it gives to a match, I also feel that sometimes it can ruin the surprise of the outcome of a match, I think most of us knew marty wasn't leaving on the last tour, not that it in any way affects the quality of the match as win loose or draw every match is always fantastic. One thing that could maybe work are matches where 2 points are up for grabs, maybe in the 4 way matches ect...

We said there was going to be a big shock coming............

7/5/14

In this update

Final Confirmed Dragon Gate Star Announced

Festival of Fire Night 2 & 3 DVD Instock and Shipping

Support Marty Scurll and his first DVD

More News and Notes

Final Confirmed Dragon Gate Star Announced

-------

Hulk_promopic_2014.jpg

BxB Hulk

DG UK Record 4-5

http://www.facebook.com/terumasa.ishihara.1

A former ranger in the Japanese defense force, Hulk joined the Dragon Gate system in 2004. He adopted his own version of the famous Magnum Tokyo entrance dance until 2010, where he became more focused especially with his feud with eternal rival Shingo Takagi. His fun loving demeanor disappeared in 2011, his dark side took over his personality when he joined the Blood Warriors stable. An accomplished designer, Hulk designed the logo & presentation for the MAD BLANKEY unit. It appears as if Hulk has now left Mad Blankey and his future loyaties are uncertain but he will be looking to get back to winning ways in July

In the UK, he started very strong but after turning to his darker side he went from going to 3-0 in the first 2 tours, his first loss coming at the hands of Team UK in his third Six Man Tag on UK soil, gaining revenge the following night over Lion Kid gave him the most prolific win loss record in DG:UK (along with Mark Haskins) of 4-2 heading into the 2013 tour. Lost 2 consecutive 4 way matches before losing to Horiguchi and will need to halt his huge win/loss slide pretty quickly

Dragon Gate UK : Festival of Fire N2 DVD and Finale in Stock and shipping today!

-------

DGUK_DVD_Festival_Of_Fire_Night_2.jpg

Finally the Second Night of Broxbourne has arrived, we absolutely cannot wait for people to see this DVD. The show is far better than we remember it and we remember it being really good. The opener between Dar and Mochizuki is just an excellent all round match, Dar's attitude doesn't sit well with the ultra-experienced Mochizuki. The 4 way sees the Lion / Doi situation from Night 1 resurface and after Haskins and BxB Hulk battled on the stage in the previous night's 4 way, all 4 men battle it out in a very close and back and forth match. Ricochet meets Horiguchi who meets the elastic trainer band and all sorts of goodness results from this match. Susumu Yokosuka faces Yamato - What a match (You have to watch this at least once with no commentary) Simply fantastic. CIMA and Scurll do battle with one of them fighting for their career the following night in Castleford. If that wasn't enough, the main event! Can Shingo stop the 4-0 Akira Tozawa? These two have an all out war!

Trailer Here -

Order Here - Festival of Fire N2 DVD Page

DGUK_DVD_Festival_Of_Fire_Finale.jpg

The excellent Night 3 or Finale DVD is here and it's easy to say we're very proud of this DVD, it's taught us alot, the picture quality, the match quality and the overall DVD is something we are extremely happy with. It has stretched the team at times, but we're finally glad to have finished it and we hope it to be instock within the next 2 weeks.

The amazing All Star tag match, Naruki Doi and Mochizuki wage war in a very hard hitting bout. Genki Horiguchi and BxB Hulk do battle just one week after a brutal slaying of the Jimmy's by Hulk's Mad Blankey. The Lion Kid and Akira Tozawa go one of one and gain a standing ovation. Yamato tests Noam Dar like nobody so far in the Scotsman's trial series. Team UK member's Marty Scurll and Mark Haskins do battle with Scurll's career on the line. A packed Castleford Civic Hall only adds to the incredible night of action.

Trailer Here -

Order Here - Festival of Fire N3 DVD Page

Marty Scurll in DG:UK DVD

-------

DGUK_DVD_Marty_Scurll_In_DGUK.jpg

To help assist the Injured Marty Scurll, we have started accepting pre-orders for his first DVD, Featuring their first 6 matches in Dragon Gate UK which covers the 2009, 2010 and 2011 tours. The dvds will be primarily to help Scurll during his time our injured and him to take on the road, the DVD is available for pre-order at

• Paid Members

Bloody hell. I didn't clock when I saw Hulk, I thought "that's not a shock." I didn't even realize that Shingo wasn't there.

To be fair, we've had the best of Shingo. He's had utter wars with Yokosuka, Pac and Tozawa and been part of a couple of spell-binding tag matches. I'm more than happy with CIMA, Tozawa, Yokosuka, YAMATO, Hulk, Doi, Yoshino, Ricochet and getting to see Rich Swann for the first time in person.

Hmm.... PPV Main Event rematch then could be... well, there's a few matches it could be, actually.

Bloody hell. I didn't clock when I saw Hulk, I thought "that's not a shock." I didn't even realize that Shingo wasn't there.

To be fair, we've had the best of Shingo. He's had utter wars with Yokosuka, Pac and Tozawa and been part of a couple of spell-binding tag matches. I'm more than happy with CIMA, Tozawa, Yokosuka, YAMATO, Hulk, Doi, Yoshino, Ricochet and getting to see Rich Swann for the first time in person.

Hmm.... PPV Main Event rematch then could be... well, there's a few matches it could be, actually.

There is more greatness to come from him I am sure.

and of course we're going to crank it up just a little more too because of his ommision too!

If anyone was wondering why there was such a delay from when we first talked about the future tours to actually announcing them, this is why.

Perhaps someone else will have a +5 record by the time SHINGO returns in 201x...

Yeah, it's possible, or maybe that could play into the July events? Why knows. We'll find out in just a few months!

I think I've seen Shingo in 13 matches live, probably up there with Zack as far as guys I've seen the most times. So while I'm obviously bummed that I won't see him this year, I think I'm more upset that none of the new guys are coming over. Oh well, they're all still like 20 or 21 so plenty of years left to see them. Hope the remaining TBAs mix things up a bit.

Hulk was probably my least favourite DG guy for most of 2013 but he's been starting to come alive recently and I think the turn will give him the fresh coat of paint that he needed. I reckon by July, he'll be one of the more in form dudes in the company.

Archived