Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy with his ommission as it confirms I will be the strongest man in the building and also the man with the best hairstyle

Alan, get me on the DKP lad

will you talk about your latest "daft cow" of the week?

Bloody hell. I didn't clock when I saw Hulk, I thought "that's not a shock." I didn't even realize that Shingo wasn't there.

To be fair, we've had the best of Shingo. He's had utter wars with Yokosuka, Pac and Tozawa and been part of a couple of spell-binding tag matches. I'm more than happy with CIMA, Tozawa, Yokosuka, YAMATO, Hulk, Doi, Yoshino, Ricochet and getting to see Rich Swann for the first time in person.

Hmm.... PPV Main Event rematch then could be... well, there's a few matches it could be, actually.

This is the reply I would have made had I more time on my break earlier.

I was stunned no Shingo. But Tozawa, Ricochet, YAMATO and Yokosuka are some of my favourite wrestlers.

• Paid Members
I think I've seen Shingo in 13 matches live, probably up there with Zack as far as guys I've seen the most times.

Jaysus, I just did a count there out of curiosity and I think I'm up to 19 matches for Zack. Not a bad one in the bunch either.

Off-topic, but I just had to comment. As part of a lengthy blog I've been doing to mark 20 years of going to live pro wrestling it dawned on me that I've seen Doug Williams the most by a clear margin so I did a little count. Of 91 shows I've now seen, Doug has been on 30 of them. It's not even particularly close - AJ Styles (18), Dave Mastiff (17), Shingo (11), Tanahashi (11) and a fair few others on 11. Jonny and Jody will probably be there or there abouts too, but nothing compared to Doug. And that without Doug having worked DG:UK too.

to clarify, there's two TBA spots left but in upcoming announcements there's a TBC beside "Fighter Announcement". Does that mean the announcement is TBC or the extra wrestler is TBC?

Basically gist of my question is are we getting 2 more dudes for sure and maybe one extra, or 1 more for sure and maybe one extra?

I think I've seen Shingo in 13 matches live, probably up there with Zack as far as guys I've seen the most times.

Jaysus, I just did a count there out of curiosity and I think I'm up to 19 matches for Zack. Not a bad one in the bunch either.

Off-topic, but I just had to comment. As part of a lengthy blog I've been doing to mark 20 years of going to live pro wrestling it dawned on me that I've seen Doug Williams the most by a clear margin so I did a little count. Of 91 shows I've now seen, Doug has been on 30 of them. It's not even particularly close - AJ Styles (18), Dave Mastiff (17), Shingo (11), Tanahashi (11) and a fair few others on 11. Jonny and Jody will probably be there or there abouts too, but nothing compared to Doug. And that without Doug having worked DG:UK too.

I've seen Shingo quite a bit as well (14 matches) and Zack even more (24 matches). Far and away the most seen is Mark Haskins, having seen over 37 Haskins matches and over 30 Marty Scurll matches.

to clarify, there's two TBA spots left but in upcoming announcements there's a TBC beside "Fighter Announcement". Does that mean the announcement is TBC or the extra wrestler is TBC?

Basically gist of my question is are we getting 2 more dudes for sure and maybe one extra, or 1 more for sure and maybe one extra?

I think it's two more for sure (UK guys or guy and USA star I'm thinking for some reason) and a potential bonus.

There are 14 slots on the 5 matches for each show (bonus matches don't appear to be listed).

Id personally LOVE to see DGUK get its own singles title, ive also suggested Open The Kingdom Gate as the name a while ago, seems to be a popular choice :thumbsup:

heres a little mock-up I did on the latest wwe2k14 game

OpenTheKingdomGate_zps5a27dee2.jpg

I think itd be great if the title was also taken back to, and defended back in japan on occation and recognised as a legitimate title there.

As far as loser leaves DGUK matches, although I see the risk and edge it gives to a match, I also feel that sometimes it can ruin the surprise of the outcome of a match, I think most of us knew marty wasn't leaving on the last tour, not that it in any way affects the quality of the match as win loose or draw every match is always fantastic. One thing that could maybe work are matches where 2 points are up for grabs, maybe in the 4 way matches ect...

by the way, kinda got lost in the shuffle but this was awesome and Open The Kingdom Gate is a fantastic name.

Id personally LOVE to see DGUK get its own singles title, ive also suggested Open The Kingdom Gate as the name a while ago, seems to be a popular choice :thumbsup:

heres a little mock-up I did on the latest wwe2k14 game

OpenTheKingdomGate_zps5a27dee2.jpg

I think itd be great if the title was also taken back to, and defended back in japan on occation and recognised as a legitimate title there.

As far as loser leaves DGUK matches, although I see the risk and edge it gives to a match, I also feel that sometimes it can ruin the surprise of the outcome of a match, I think most of us knew marty wasn't leaving on the last tour, not that it in any way affects the quality of the match as win loose or draw every match is always fantastic. One thing that could maybe work are matches where 2 points are up for grabs, maybe in the 4 way matches ect...

by the way, kinda got lost in the shuffle but this was awesome and Open The Kingdom Gate is a fantastic name.

ahh thanks, lets hope a DGUK title is on the cards.

If bxb hulk is the last of the japanese talent and were predicting a UK guy and an international guest, id love to see el ligero debut for the uk, and either LowKi, Johnny Gargano or as a wildcard Chris Sabin debut

If bxb hulk is the last of the japanese talent and were predicting a UK guy and an international guest, id love to see el ligero debut for the uk, and either LowKi, Johnny Gargano or as a wildcard Chris Sabin debut

Sabin would be fantastic.

Archived