Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While i think every member of Team UK is fantastic and deserving of their spot, there are a few other UK talents i wouldn't mind seeing mixing it up with the Dragon Gate boys. Kris Travis and El Ligero would definitely be top of that list for me. While has hasn't got any connection to Dragon Gate itself, that i'm aware of any how, how great would Prince Devitt be as an addition. Not sure how realistic that would be given his potential WWE status, but i know he's still wrestling over here at the end of June and seemingly gone from New Japan. Also, hopefully the injury suffered by Marty Scurll last night isn't too serious and he's good to go for the tour still.

We just spoke to Scurll, he is in good spirit considering but obviously very disappointed regarding his shoulder injury. It would appear as it's a pretty serious dislocation, the doctors weren't able to put it back in place so he has to have it evaluated again today. The good news being that he is on route home and should have it fixed pretty shortly.

Please keep upto date with him @martyscurll

We just spoke to Scurll, he is in good spirit considering but obviously very disappointed regarding his shoulder injury. It would appear as it's a pretty serious dislocation, the doctors weren't able to put it back in place so he has to have it evaluated again today. The good news being that he is on route home and should have it fixed pretty shortly.

Thanks for the update Mark. Looked pretty nasty, guy is a real pro though and finished the match. Never ceases to amaze me when it comes to dedication these guys show. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update Mark. Looked pretty nasty, guy is a real pro though and finished the match. Never ceases to amaze me when it comes to dedication these guys show. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

The lump on the shoulder looked massive. He must have been in a lot of pain finishing the match so credit to him. True professional.

16/4/14

In this update

2 More stars including a debut announced

Huge Night 1 Tag Match Announced.

Meet and Greet Both Nights

Card Layout for both nights.

Night 2 DVD

Night 1 Poster Revealed

Marty and Haskins DVD

Tickets

Event Details

More News and Notes

Huge Night One Semi Main Event Tag Match announced

-------

N1_Swann_Ricochet_Haskins_Scurll_.jpg

Inner City Machine Guns v Team UK

The Open the Dream Gate champion teams with regular partner and debuting Rich Swann to face Team UK's Mark Haskins and British Champion Marty Scurll. An absolutely massive tag team match kicks off the second half at Broxbourne on Friday July 25th. Both teams are regular pairings. Haskins and Scurll have teamed numerous times in DG:UK and across Europe - Swann and Ricochet have teamed all over the world as the Inner City Machine Guns. We are not sure how much more we need to say other than could we have announced the MOTN for Friday's show?

2 More Fighters Announced

-------

Swann_promopic_2014.jpg

Rich Swann

DG UK Record 0-0 [Debut]

@GottaGetSwann

One of the most charismatic and energetic stars of DGUSA and DG Japan, Swann as carved out his own niche and has become one of the most sought after independant talents when his schedule permits. After an excellent UK tour earlier this year he is coming back. This time for Dragon Gate UK. Forming the Inner City Machine Gunns, with current Open the Dream Gate champion Ricochet, Swann has torn it up around the world! From his showstealing encounter with Generation Me for Pro-Wrestling Gorrilla to the incredible match against the Swords of Essex at York Hall this past March, he is quickly becoming a must see star. Having narrowly missed out of the 2013 tour, we are pleased to add this World 1 International member to our roster and are very excited to witness his DG:UK debut on January 25th

Lion_Kid_promopic_2014.jpg

Lion Kid

DG UK Record 3-6

@lionkiduk

While he might be picking up scores of additional fans on each and every outing, the Lion Kid is in need of picking up some wins in DG:UK. Winning his debut but then losing all the 2010 & 2011 tour matches except for a TEAM UK victory in Broxbourne, despite fighting in a classic against BxB Hulk in Notthingham, that and a loss to CIMA rounded out the 2011 tour and 2013 didn't fare much better, A huge win over Doi was practically cancelled out by losses in a 4 way and to Tozawa on the last night, at 3-6 he can afford no more losses.

A long standing injury has kept the Lion Kid practically sidelined since the start of 2012 leading to some speculation his career might have been coming to an end. The performances at the Festival of Fire shows really showed his heart, passion and desire to fight through the pain and suffering and while MRI's and hospital stints plaqued his recovery at the start of the year the Lion has been cleared and is looking to get back to the form that gained him the British Crusierweight championship, a year long European contract and a 3 month stint in Japan. He has requested a match for the July 25th event, if he gets his wish he may be in for a tought night.

Night 1 Poster Update

------------

DG_2014_Poster.jpg

New Night 1 poster has been released. As we mentioned before with a smile, the other poster was just a place holder (including Lion Kid's old promo pic) while we announced some of the people on the actual posters.

Card Layout's Poster

------------

We've updated the card layout below to allow people to get some kind of idea of what we will be doing in July, some absolutely huge matches to announce, the Saturday show may end up being our most stacked card so far. Friday has the potential to be one of, if not the very best card we have produced. If you were thinking of only going to one show, I would check that holiday and hotel prices and get it booked up for both nights if you can!

Meet & Greet for Both Nights Announced

------------

To take place on the Friday and Saturday from 5.30 to 6.30pm, Priced at

LOVE that tag. Swann & Ricochet are pretty much untouchable right now. They can't have a bad match.

I'd definitely recommend All Night Long over the rapping. I've been at shows where he's done both and All Night Long gets over waaaaay more. *nothing against Swann's rapping but c'mon it's Lionel f'n Richie*.

Happy to see a few more slots on the card since the last update. So much potential for how the cards will shape up. My guess for the PPV rematch is CIMA vs. Tozawa or CIMA vs. Takagi.

also, is it just me or is anyone else particularly looking forward to the fact that these will be the first DG:UK shows in the middle of summer? Hopefully we get a couple of scorcher days for it.

Not being picky here, i'm actually genuinely interested to know if i've missed something as you have Swann and Ricochet listed as World-1 International in the graphic above. Didn't Ricochet become a member of Monster Express after World-1 disolved? With DG changing as it does all the time, i figure there's every chance i've just missed a result or something lol.

Not being picky here, i'm actually genuinely interested to know if i've missed something as you have Swann and Ricochet listed as World-1 International in the graphic above. Didn't Ricochet become a member of Monster Express after World-1 disolved? With DG changing as it does all the time, i figure there's every chance i've just missed a result or something lol.

You didn't miss anything. With the World PPV event the week before our show, I am pretty sure everything well change the week before our show too!

You didn't miss anything. With the World PPV event the week before our show, I am pretty sure everything well change the week before our show too!

Good to know! DG is a fantastic product, but can be a pain to keep up with who belongs to which stable at times lol.

Awesome :thumbsup:

For some reason, I didn't even think of Rich Swan, even though he is awesome. Good to see Lion Kid back for Team UK, although should he loose his matches, it could be a very bad weekend for him I suppose? Not that I'm wishing that on him mind, as I'm a big Lion Kid supporter!

'All Night Long' for the tag match, rapping if Swann's in a singles match the following night. Done.

Hopefully the sound system will be better than York Hall's was.

you should have heard it in Germany man..... hooooleeee fuck! Place went bonkers.

'All Night Long' for the tag match, rapping if Swann's in a singles match the following night. Done.

Hopefully the sound system will be better than York Hall's was.

you should have heard it in Germany man..... hooooleeee fuck! Place went bonkers.

I'll second that, was so over. The 'all night long' part carried on all weekend long. These shows are becoming can't miss for me now. Favourite team and wrestler in wrestling at the moment. Thank you Mark.

Archived